Brewer Fanatic

No Cash, No Paper Tickets, No Carry-ins..... No Problems?

rickh150
The mobile tickets have been a pain ever since they were introduced. I always hear people at a ticket window with issues. Phone won’t load, can’t get the app downloaded, etc. I am sure it won’t get any better. It isn’t a disaster, but for some it probably won’t be an appreciated change.

And this won’t be talked about in a few months because no one on this forum has issues with e-tickets.

Of course if you stand by the place where people need to go to resolve their issue, you’ll only hear people complaining about it. Nobody is going to head over to the ticket window to say, “mobile tickets worked just fine for me today.”

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What are the e-ticket issues? I have probably attended 60 games with multiple e-tickets per game, and never, not once, has there been an issue. I would never want a paper ticket or prefer to bring or use cash at a game.

Issues? I don't have a smart phone. I use my phone primarily to text and phone my wife. That is what a phone is for.

I paid $150 for it and about $15 a month. I don't need it for anything else. I realize society is going in that direction, but I hesitate to drop $800 plus whatever monthly charges just to text my wife that I'm on my way home. Oh well.

Good news! You can just plan on getting there a little early and head to the ticket window for help... it’ll be like going to Will Call for tickets in the past.

And is parking cashless too? If you thought getting in the park on busy nights took long before, can’t wait to have people take time getting parking pass up on their phones.

Just as in the olden days of 2019 one would get out their prepaid parking pass or cash, so its ready to go when they get to the front of the line, now in 2021 one will pull up their parking pass on their phone, so its ready to go once they get to the front of the line.

HA! you think people will be ready when they get to their turn in line?

LOL

That is rich!

People are freaking stupid, you have to take that into account.

90% will, the other 10% are the same ones who wait in line at a fast food place, and when it's their turn, they begin to look at the menu to decide what to order.

That 10% will slow things down in a major way.

This isn’t new or technology dependent, though. You’ve historically got the people that wait in the line at the gate and get to the turnstile before they start digging for their paper tickets. That 10% is there literally no matter what format you use.

The mobile tickets have been a pain ever since they were introduced. I always hear people at a ticket window with issues. Phone won’t load, can’t get the app downloaded, etc. I am sure it won’t get any better. It isn’t a disaster, but for some it probably won’t be an appreciated change.

And this won’t be talked about in a few months because no one on this forum has issues with e-tickets.

Of course if you stand by the place where people need to go to resolve their issue, you’ll only hear people complaining about it. Nobody is going to head over to the ticket window to say, “mobile tickets worked just fine for me today.”

I’m not sure your point? All I’m saying is numerous people have problems with mobile tickets. I didn’t say most, 90%, 50%, or even 10%. That was in a time where people had the choice to not have mobile tickets...now people who know it isn’t their thing will have to struggle with it whether they want to or not.

I’m not sure your point? All I’m saying is numerous people have problems with mobile tickets. I didn’t say most, 90%, 50%, or even 10%. That was in a time where people had the choice to not have mobile tickets...now people who know it isn’t their thing will have to struggle with it whether they want to or not.

I'm in my 30s and I still print out tickets beforehand when possible, lol. Depending on my phone just causes me too much anxiety. 1.) I don't want to have to worry if I grab an Uber, meet up with friends somewhere for awhile beforehand, am texting/checking my fantasy lineup, etc. in the meantime, that my battery's going to drain and die before I get to the stadium. 2.) Once I get to the gate, if I don't have my phone ready to go and keep clicking buttons on it to keep it awake, I have to turn it on, enter my password, wait for the app to load, hope I have a good enough internet connection for it to load, find the place where the barcode is, etc., and that causes anxiety holding up the line compared to just pulling a piece of paper out of my pocket.

So I totally understand the preference to at least have the option to print your ticket beforehand as well. It does seem like that solves a lot of the worry and concern for those that don't have a smartphone, don't want to depend on it, and/or don't want to slow down the lines more than you have to.

I'm in my 30s and I still print out tickets beforehand when possible, lol. Depending on my phone just causes me too much anxiety. 1.) I don't want to have to worry if I grab an Uber, meet up with friends somewhere for awhile beforehand, am texting/checking my fantasy lineup, etc. in the meantime, that my battery's going to drain and die before I get to the stadium. 2.) Once I get to the gate, if I don't have my phone ready to go and keep clicking buttons on it to keep it awake, I have to turn it on, enter my password, wait for the app to load, hope I have a good enough internet connection for it to load, find the place where the barcode is, etc., and that causes anxiety holding up the line compared to just pulling a piece of paper out of my pocket.

So I totally understand the preference to at least have the option to print your ticket beforehand as well. It does seem like that solves a lot of the worry and concern for those that don't have a smartphone, don't want to depend on it, and/or don't want to slow down the lines more than you have to.

agreed.

To some, that is incompitence, to others, it is courtesy.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I almost always print off my tickets instead of only having it on my phone. I’ve always had the concern that for some reason the code won’t work on my phone and there I will be, stuck outside the stadium and worrying about not getting in when I live 6 hours away from the stadium. I am sure I would be able to go to a ticket window and get it figured out, but the ease and comfort having the ticket in hand and not need to worry about missing part of the game is a big deal for me.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I guess I don't understand why they are making it harder for a chunk of the population to go to a game. Just allow paper tickets and maybe have more lines for the app to encourage people to use that.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I guess I don't understand why they are making it harder for a chunk of the population to go to a game. Just allow paper tickets and maybe have more lines for the app to encourage people to use that.

Overhead. No mailing costs. No printers to print tickets. No people running those printers. Etc.

Early 40's and I don't own a smartphone. 1) They are awkward and bulky. 2) Up to now everything I've wanted to do is easier on an actual computer. I'm competent enough to teach myself a couple of programming languages. 3) I am anti-techie because too much tech is at best marginal improvements and people forget to account for the time to learn new tech and weigh that against not only the expense of the tech, but also again those marginal productivity improvements. I had been thinking I might actually be able to catch an in person game this year after not for quite awhile, but this does put a damper on it.

As a bonus I can still navigate with an actual map fairly well because I don't rely solely on GPS systems.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Overhead. No mailing costs. No printers to print tickets. No people running those printers. Etc.

Right, I'm talking about printing tickets at home. Not printed tickets that get mailed out.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Right, I'm talking about printing tickets at home. Not printed tickets that get mailed out.

I went to a Packer game in Miami a few years that probably had about 20,000 unsold tickets as that stadium is huge. Some friends who came to tailgate and hope for ticket bought $50 paper tickets from scalpers right before the game. Only one worked when they tried to go in but for whatever reason they let the other one through too, my guess is a decision was made with so many unsold seats to let people in to buy more concessions, etc. It was a mess, lots of people around our seats had tickets for the same seats. That was a weird situation but I have always thought the paper printed tickets was an issue because of scalpers. Pretty hard to stop it as long as you wanted to sell tickets online right up until the day of the game though. I tend to agree with whoever said above that the 10% of people who can't get it together in line now won't change that much with mobile device tickets. I don't really like the idea of buying concessions that way but it's just because I think things go quicker with cash, that may not be true anymore.

Transaction fees aren’t new.

New to me and many....Rarely paid any transaction fee. Most of my purchases were made at the box office.

There are a host of other questions with no paper tickets. A few include the popular BP and Oldtime Ballplayers promotion... do those go away too? Both offered paper coupons for tickets. How about Uecker ($1) tickets and the Arctic Tailgate? Giving group tickets (when that becomes a thing again) out becomes much more of a headache for me. Naive thinking if you think these things, among others, are not an issue with thousands of Brewers fans.

The Brewers are messing with fans habits of buying tickets that go back 20 years at Miller Park.

Just way too many changes in ticket policy to expect the good ol fan to adjust. People will simply stay home more, me included. And that extra “$2 non game transaction fee” for my preferred parking pass just gets more and more irritating.

New to me and many....Rarely paid any transaction fee. Most of my purchases were made at the box office.

There are a host of other questions with no paper tickets. A few include the popular BP and Oldtime Ballplayers promotion... do those go away too? Both offered paper coupons for tickets. How about Uecker ($1) tickets and the Arctic Tailgate? Giving group tickets (when that becomes a thing again) out becomes much more of a headache for me. Naive thinking if you think these things, among others, are not an issue with thousands of Brewers fans.

The Brewers are messing with fans habits of buying tickets that go back 20 years at Miller Park.

Just way too many changes in ticket policy to expect the good ol fan to adjust. People will simply stay home more, me included. And that extra “$2 non game transaction fee” for my preferred parking pass just gets more and more irritating.

Habits need to change. That simple. If you don’t like it, don’t go to the games. The Brewers were behind the times and are using the Covid-19 situation to catch up. I’m sure you’ll figure it out. If you want to.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Habits need to change. That simple. If you don’t like it, don’t go to the games. The Brewers were behind the times and are using the Covid-19 situation to catch up. I’m sure you’ll figure it out. If you want to.

Sure but many won’t and that will hurt the team’s connection to a significant demographic of fans. I am in my 30’s, and always printed a ticket out. Yes, I can and will adapt to electronic tickets but my parents? Definitely not. They have been going to games since the team moved to Milwaukee but they will not be buying a smart phone just to go now. They are most definitely not alone.

You must work for the team because your opinion seems to match theirs..... “Pay more fees, buy food in the ballpark, expect more expensive tickets, and get over your paper tickets or stay home. We’re in a pandemic and you better not complain because we lost a lot of money.”

There are actually tickets available to most/all games other than opening day. That is shocking to me. I fully expected all tickets to be gobbled up by season ticket holders, and only available for a fortune through the secondary market.

Edit: I'm old and just ordered tixs for two games, so far, on my mobile phone. Didn't even need the facebook.

‘Spend more money on players. I don’t care if you lost money last year.’ - fans

‘How dare you charge me fees for the right to view your product and use your services!’ - same fans, probably.

I get the reluctance towards change. But it’s inevitable. It’s like the people that still write checks at the grocery store. Some day soon the grocery stores will stop allowing that. And people will complain, then adapt and forget about the old way completely in a few years.

‘Spend more money on players. I don’t care if you lost money last year.’ - fans

‘How dare you charge me fees for the right to view your product and use your services!’ - same fans, probably.

I get the reluctance towards change. But it’s inevitable. It’s like the people that still write checks at the grocery store. Some day soon the grocery stores will stop allowing that. And people will complain, then adapt and forget about the old way completely in a few years.

Like originally said in first post, I can understand or even agree on some change. This year is by far the most costly change with tickets in 20 years, and I don’t see the wisdom of doing all this to the fan during a pandemic.

It’s like ripping off a bandaid. Make the change and people will adapt. Other places have already done this. I’m sure they feel as though the time is appropriate.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

It’s more than just paper to online.... it’s the deals that are directly associated with it. No news about group ticket cheaper rates, BP tickets, OTBA tickets, Uecker seats, etc. These deals affect how many games I and thousands of others attend. Wait and see, I guess. But I’ll be waiting at home instead of shivering in AmFam in April.

I’m saying it was a poor example. If you stand by where the people go to fix their issues with the mobile tickets, you’ll hear people complaining more about mobile tickets and not the thousands of fans who didn’t have an issue that day.

It’s more than just paper to online.... it’s the deals that are directly associated with it. No news about group ticket cheaper rates, BP tickets, OTBA tickets, Uecker seats, etc. These deals affect how many games I and thousands of others attend. Wait and see, I guess. But I’ll be waiting at home instead of shivering in AmFam in April.

How can they provide news about those ticket promos when they can’t possibly know exact details on when, or if, they’ll be able to have them this year due to reduced capacity.

Archived