Brewer Fanatic

No Cash, No Paper Tickets, No Carry-ins..... No Problems?

rickh150

Yes, incompetence: not having or showing the necessary skills to do something successfully.

It's the same kind of person who shows up at the airport without a boarding pass on a budget airline then gets indignant about paying a re-print fee even though it's expressed they will have to do so about 600 times.

Someone showing up at the gate and being turned away because they didn't plan a solution to their smart phone problem, or weren't aware of it, is being incompetent. This policy is everywhere. It's not hard to find.

not everyone is as competent as you in life.

This task is a very low bar to clear.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Take my Dad for example. He doesn't have a smartphone and I can pretty much guarantee you he never will. So go to the window for a printed ticket, right? I don't see it happening, especially if that's a big line which it probably will be. Factor in the drive, the traffic on 94, etc and I just don't see him wanting to do all that pain in the rear end versus just watch on tv.

It probably won't be a big line especially this seasons since most people know what they're getting into. Without carry-ins, masks, etc., I think the vast majority will not bother with that if printed tickets are an issue for them. In other words the drive, the protocols, etc., will be the reason someone doesn't go. Not an e-ticket in the majority of cases.

Just want to point out that Fiserv Forum has been e-ticket only since it opened. It did take some getting used to.

That and tons of things are e-ticket only now. I would get the uproar if this were sprung on everyone a week before the season but this has been years in the making. Also don't think people are giving "old people" nearly enough credit. They'll be fine.

What are the e-ticket issues? I have probably attended 60 games with multiple e-tickets per game, and never, not once, has there been an issue. I would never want a paper ticket or prefer to bring or use cash at a game.

Off the top of my head, a lot more people are going to have to get the app. Transferring tickets is not always a cake walk even with the app. Transferring group tickets among elderly people seems like a headache, no?

Just want to point out that Fiserv Forum has been e-ticket only since it opened. It did take some getting used to.

That and tons of things are e-ticket only now. I would get the uproar if this were sprung on everyone a week before the season but this has been years in the making. Also don't think people are giving "old people" nearly enough credit. They'll be fine.

Adapt or die, am I right? :laughing But seriously, you are correct. This is another one of those things that people grumble about because they want to talk about something and then in a few months, no one mentions it again. People will figure it out as they have in plenty of other places.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

The mobile tickets have been a pain ever since they were introduced. I always hear people at a ticket window with issues. Phone won’t load, can’t get the app downloaded, etc. I am sure it won’t get any better. It isn’t a disaster, but for some it probably won’t be an appreciated change.

And this won’t be talked about in a few months because no one on this forum has issues with e-tickets.

It probably will get better because they are clearly doing away with any alternative and people have to learn it. I am more than willing to bet than in most situations, uses error is the reason someone can't get something to work. All connectivity problems can be solved by just screen grabbing the barcode and using the photo of it. I can see a situation where someone from far away doesn't have signal and doesn't have data.

People generally won't do something that makes them uncomfortable until they are forced to do it. Most of the issues in the past are, as I said, user error, or unfamiliarity with a system because typically they Brewers gave you an option to print paper tickets. So when someone hasn't ever done that until they show up for the playoffs, naturally there will be a bunch of problems with apps loading and connectivity, etc. Over time people adapt without an alternative and they figure things out. The Brewers gave everyone a multi-year curve on this. It'll be fine.

What are the e-ticket issues? I have probably attended 60 games with multiple e-tickets per game, and never, not once, has there been an issue. I would never want a paper ticket or prefer to bring or use cash at a game.

Issues? I don't have a smart phone. I use my phone primarily to text and phone my wife. That is what a phone is for.

I paid $150 for it and about $15 a month. I don't need it for anything else. I realize society is going in that direction, but I hesitate to drop $800 plus whatever monthly charges just to text my wife that I'm on my way home. Oh well.

I don't know about that one, Snapper. I think it invites a bunch of different problems for different people. Issues like bugs in the app, phone/carrier issues. Not to mention, there are a lot of people who I'm sure are not interested in having to spend the time on learning a system and installing an app and figuring all that out just for the privilege of attending an event. Not everyone is a cell phone addict, especially older generations. Heck, I'm in my mid 40s and I've never once brought my phone in the stadium with me. Why would I want to? I go there to watch baseball.

Personally I hate how for more and more things, it's expected that a smart phone is a required part of the experience. It's insane. More and more people are basically helpless without their phone.

Having experienced the Fiserv cashless/mobile ticket setup, it sucks but what are you going to do. I almost always pay cash at ballgames and prefer paper tickets from every concert or game I go to. I may end up going to less games than I have in the past now (usually 30ish per year), but I’m not going to stop going entirely.

Issues? I don't have a smart phone. I use my phone primarily to text and phone my wife. That is what a phone is for.

I paid $150 for it and about $15 a month. I don't need it for anything else. I realize society is going in that direction, but I hesitate to drop $800 plus whatever monthly charges just to text my wife that I'm on my way home. Oh well.

I have a BYOD used smart phone purchased via eBay with full text capabilities. The service is $20 a month with extra GBs of data available for $5. There are several companies that do this, in fact mine isn't the cheapest. This thing being repeated here now several times that you need to spend $2k to have a smartphone is just not reality.

Smartphone isn't synonymous with iPhone 20 or whatever they're on now. They aren't new. People had them 15 years ago.

Requiring data plans is an extra charge regardless of the cost of the phone. So it’s throwing away a lot of money those individuals don’t really need to spend.

I’m not one of those people, but paying $100+ a year just to have tickets on a phone would probably be pretty annoying to those people.

The plans I'm talking about are likely even less expensive than what the typical non-smart phone using customer is already paying on one of the big 3 or 4 providers. But I don't think cost is really the issue at all here. It's simply change = bad. You wouldn't need a smart phone if your brother/dad/son/coworker/friend had one either. This just sounds like a mountain of a mole hill.

The non-smartphone ticketholder attending a game alone or with nobody with a smart phone is what % of people attending games this season?

[sarcasm]I don't want to pay for a smartphone to go to a game. I don't want to pay for cable to watch a game. Yelich needs to come to my backyard and hit dingers so I can watch him for free![/sarcasm]

Don't forget waiting in a line for a paper ticket you insist on getting. That's also too much.

And is parking cashless too? If you thought getting in the park on busy nights took long before, can’t wait to have people take time getting parking pass up on their phones.

Just as in the olden days of 2019 one would get out their prepaid parking pass or cash, so its ready to go when they get to the front of the line, now in 2021 one will pull up their parking pass on their phone, so its ready to go once they get to the front of the line.

And is parking cashless too? If you thought getting in the park on busy nights took long before, can’t wait to have people take time getting parking pass up on their phones.

Just as in the olden days of 2019 one would get out their prepaid parking pass or cash, so its ready to go when they get to the front of the line, now in 2021 one will pull up their parking pass on their phone, so its ready to go once they get to the front of the line.

Glad it will be that easy.... only 12,000 fans will help.

Paying fees for EVERY purchase now.... great. A purchase of $32 gets you a $6 “2021 ticket fee” and a $2 “per order fee”.

Yes, it's funny how much these ticket and credit card companies think their software/service is worth. I'm heavily involved in an entertainment business that sells tickets and the fees we have to pay are outrageous.

HA! you think people will be ready when they get to their turn in line?

That is rich!

People are freaking stupid, you have to take that into account.

90% will, the other 10% are the same ones who wait in line at a fast food place, and when it's their turn, they begin to look at the menu to decide what to order.

That 10% will slow things down in a major way.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Archived