Brewer Fanatic

Two Decades of Tim Dillard- A Baseball Life

In honor of Tim Dillard's retirement from Professional Baseball, a career spanning interview.

EwyxDd1WYAYuaDh?format=jpg&name=small

Time/Subject

1:48 Tim’s MLB Dad Steve Dillard

5:55 Drafted by the Milwaukee Brewers 2001-2002

10:24 Helena-Beloit-Brevard County 2003-2005

12:12 Minor League Interviews with Brew Crew Review 2006 Huntsville 2007 Nashville

22:08 Call to the Big Leagues- Tim’s MLB Debut

26:32 Milwaukee Brewers Playoff Run 2008

31:35 Becoming a Sidearm Pitcher

34:20 First MLB Hit

39:30 Minor League Home Run Prowess

44:13 Realistic Baseball Movies

48:25 Independent & Winter Leagues 2013-2015

51:15 The Iconic Minor League Baseball Card

54:50 Dillard Gets a Bobblehead

57:00 Texas Rangers Organization 2019

1:05:30 Dillard Gets a Beer

1:08:00 Milwaukee Milkmen 2020

1:18:50 Social Media Sensation

1:31:10 Premios Univision Deportes 2017 Performance

1:37:53 Favorite Ballpark Foods

1:41:50 Being a Dad

1:45:43 What’s Next?

I remember when he was racking up those CGs at Brevard County - I really thought he had the potential to be a mainstay of the Brewers rotation. Granted, Brevard County was very pitcher-friendly, but those complete games were coming at a very high clip.

I remember when he was racking up those CGs at Brevard County - I really thought he had the potential to be a mainstay of the Brewers rotation. Granted, Brevard County was very pitcher-friendly, but those complete games were coming at a very high clip.

Batting tees posted sub 3 ERA's at Brevard...

Awesome to see a guy like Dillard have the run he had and likely continue to have a life in baseball. To me he's the modern day pitcher equivalent to a cross between Uecker and Crash Davis

I know a lot of people find him to be funny. I find him a bit irritating more so than funny. To each their own.

His problem is he tries way too hard to be funny so he'll say literally anything that some person might find funny so for every one he hits on, he has about 20 awful jokes.

I know a lot of people find him to be funny. I find him a bit irritating more so than funny. To each their own.

I'm with you. He gets a lot of points with people for being the lighthearted happy guy. I thought those skits he used to do were awful and I just find him kind of annoying.

Likable guy but I am also on the side that he can be a bit annoying. He will fit in well with a younger generation of social media attention seekers. I just wouldn't want to listen to him for a full 9-innings of any baseball game until he gets some seasoning and working out some of the kinks he has in front of a camera.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
He comes off sometimes as trying way too hard. But he does have some natural ability in front of the camera and certainly has a plethora of baseball experience to draw from. I'm looking forward to seeing how he does in a longer dose format, where he isn't trying to go over the top in a 1-minute video or in a limited guest appearance.

After listening to that whole interview, when he just talks baseball without trying to be funny he's fine. He spent a good five minutes talking about how pitchers had to learn how to pitch to pitchers in AA without a joke and it was one of the most interesting parts of the interview.

There's certainly is going to be a generational thing with whether you like him or not. His whole schtick is pretty much the same as Uecker being self deprecating and "I was really bad at baseball". Uecker's jokes are funny the first time you hear them but when he tells the same story for the thousandth time it's not.

Archived