Brewer Fanatic

Game 2 recap: Brewerfan.net 15, Ed Thomas Insurance 14

Jimbo

Hey guys, a lot of action last night. Need some help filling in some gaps before I can do the box score. There's a putout out there waiting to be claimed. Feel free to help out with corrections. Thanks to all who helped score!

Glad to see even my smallest of contributions (RBI groundout) helped make a difference. Truely a team win!

If you guys are willing to change Tony's and Matt's rulings from E to H, I'm willing to bow to democracy. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Temporary Box Score

Stats

Standings

Ed Thomas Insurance - 1st

Defense:

Batteries: valpocrewsader and Iron Chef Napalm.

Infield: razzzorsharp, Robin19, brewerjamie15, Rightomac13.

Outfield: bball123h, AJAY, radman12484, Jimbo.

*Dude #1 flied out to RCF radman12484.

*Dude #2 singled.

*Dude #3 reached on SS Robin19's fielding error.

*Dude #4 doubled, Dude #2 scored, Dude #3 scored.

*Dude #5 flied out to LF bball123h.

*Dude #6 doubled, Dude #4 scored.

*Dude #7 grounded out P valpocrewsader to 1B Rightomac13.

3 R, 3 H. 1 E. ETI 3, BF 0

Brewerfan.net - 1st

*AJAY singled.

*razzzorsharp grounded into a fielder's choice, AJAY out at second secondbase to shortstop.

*BrewerFanMatt reached on shortstop's fielding error, razzorsharp to second.

*Houlie24x reached on leftfielder's dropped fly, razzorsharp scored, BrewerFanMatt to second.

*Rightomac13 homered, BrewerFanMatt scored, Houlie24x scored.

*bball123h singled.

*Robin19 fouled out to firstbase.

*valpocrewsader popped out to secondbase.

4 R, 3 H, 2 E. BF 4, ETI 3

Ed Thomas Insurance - 2nd

Defensive change:

BrewerFanMatt at shortstop.

*Dude #8 reached on 2B brewerjamie15's fielding error.

*Dude #9 reached on a fielder's choice, Dude #8 out at second SS BrewerFanMatt to 2B brewerjamie15.

*Dude #10 singled, Dude #8 to third.

*Dude #1 sacrifice flied to RCF radman12484, Dude #8 scored. Dude #10 out at second RCF radman12484 to SS Robin19 to 2B brewerjamie15.

1 R, 1 H, 1 E. BF 4, ETI 4

Brewerfan.net - 2nd

*brewerjamie15 singled.

*radman12484 singled, brewerjamie15 to second.

*colbyjack walked, brewerjamie15 to third, radman12484 to second.

*my94rt singled, brewerjamie15 scored, radman12484 to third, colbyjack to second.

*Brian The Automator struck out (foul).

*Jimbo reached on a fielder's choice, radman12484 scored, colbyjack to third, my94rt out at second secondbase to shortstop.

*Iron Chef Napalm grouned into a fielder's choice, Jimbo out at second shortstop to secondbase.

2 R, 2 H, 0 E. BF 6, EDI 4

Ed Thomas Insurance - 3rd

*Dude #2 singled.

*Dude #3 singled, Dude #2 to second.

*Dude #4 walked, Dude #2 to third, Dude #3 to second.

*Dude #5 singled,...

*Dude #6 singled,...

*Dude #7 reached on a fielder's choice, Dude #5 out at third P valpocrewsader to 3B razzzorsharp.

*Dude #8 ...

*Dude #9 struck out.

*Dude #10 singled,...

*Dude #1 doubled,...

*Dude #2 out (how?)

7 R, 7 H, 0 E. ETI 11, BF 6

Brewerfan.net - 3rd

*nullbyte walked.

*AJAY reached on a fielder's choice, nullbyte out at second shortstop to secondbase.

*razzzorsharp flied out to leftfield.

*BrewerFanMatt singled, AJAY to second.

*Houlie24x doubled, AJAY scored, BrewerFanMatt to second.

*Rightomac19 struck out (foul).

1 R, 2 H, 0 E. ETI 11, BF 7

Ed Thomas Insurance - 4th

Defensive changes:

Brian The Automator at catcher.

nullbyte in leftcenterfield.

my94rt in rightcenterfield.

colbyjack in rightfield.

*Dude #3 singled.

*Dude #4 singled, Dude #3 to second.

*Dude #5 singled, Dude #3 to third, Dude #4 to second.

*Dude #6 grounded into a double play, P valpocrewsader to SS BrewerFanMatt to 1B Rightomac13, Dude #3 scored.

*Dude #7 grounded out P valpocrewsader to 1B Rightomac13.

1 R, 3 H, 0 E. ETI 12, BF 7

Brewerfan.net - 4th

*bball123h doubled.

*Robin19 flied out to rightcenterfield.

*valpocrewsader singled, bball123h to third.

*brewerjamie15 singled, bball123h scored, valpocrwesader to second.

*radman12484 flied out to leftcenterfield.

*colbyjack grounded into a fielder's coice, brewerjamie15 out at second shortstop to secondbase.

1 R, 3 H, 0 E. ETI 12, BF 8

Ed Thomas Insurance - 5th

*Dude #8 walked.

*Dude #9 singled, Dude #8 to second.

*Dude #10 singled, Dude #8 scored, Dude #9 to third.

*Dude #1 flied out to RCF my94rt.

*Dude #2 lined out to LF bball123h.

*Dude #3 flied out to LCF nullbyte(?)

1 R, 2 H, 0 E. ETI 13, BF 8

Brewerfan.net - 5th

*my94rt grounded out pitcher to firstbase.

*Brian The Automator struck out (foul).

*Jimbo reached second on secondbaseman's throwing error.

*Iron Chef Napalm struck out (swing).

0 R, 0 H, 1 E. ETI 13, BF 8

Ed Thomas Insurance - 6th

*Dude #4 tripled.

*Dude #5 grounded out P valpocrewsader to 1B Rightomac13.

*Dude #6 grounded out SS BrewerFanMatt to 1B Rightomac13, Dude #4 scored.

*Dude #7 grounded out 3B razzzorsharp to 1B Rightomac13.

1 R, 1 H, 0 E. ETI 14, BF 8

Brewerfan.net - 6th

*nullbyte grounded out shortstop to firstbase.

*AJAY doubled.

*razzzorsharp singled, AJAY scored. On rightcenterfielder's fielding error, razzzorsharp to second.

*BrewerFanMatt singled, razzzorsharp scored.

*Houlie24x singled, BrewerFanMatt to second.

*Rightomac13 reached on secondbaseman's fielding error, BrewerFanMatt scored, Houlie24x to third.

*bball123h singled, Houlie24x scored, Rightomac13 to second.

*Robin19 Singled, Rightomac13 scored, bball123h to second.

*valpocrewsader popped out to firstbase.

*brewerjamie15 singled, bball123h scored, Robin19 to second. On the throw, Robin19 to third, brewerjamie15 to second.

*radman12484 reached on shortstop's fielding error, Robin19 scored.

7 R, 7 H, 3 E. BF 15, ETI 14

Quote:
Jimbo, I might be able to fill some of that stuff in, if I can see the score again

Hey buddy, check your private e-mail.

and this is to everyone else, the top two things I'm looking for is

#2 Dude batted twice in the third. He made the third out. How? I can't remember.

Dude #8 batted in the third, looks like he got on (hit or walk?), but his box is marked "OUT 1" but it shows he reached 2nd. He must have scored.

Sorry, I can't help with filling in the gaps...that inning is kind of a blur..but if you are taking votes I'll take a hit in the first instead of reaching on an error...I hit it hard...haha http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif good game guys!

Jimbo, wouldn't I get credit for a 4th RBI in the 6th inning? There was a runner on 3rd and with a grounder to the right side with only one out, he would have scored anyways. That still should be changed to a hit I think, but I'm not nagging :)

I don't remember Rightomacs hit that is being questioned, but in Radman's case I think we should just mark them as what they should be regardless of the situation. If that was the same hit in the 3rd inning it would have been an error. I don't really care how they are marked though, just thought I would throw in my opinion. I liked the more generous book on offense like last year anyways.

Quote:
Jimbo, wouldn't I get credit for a 4th RBI in the 6th inning?

I was mulling that over last night. Regardless, the play would have gone to first. But I'm aware of the error/GDIP-no RBI rules. I'm sure there are exceptions.

---

Checking out http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/official_info/official_rules/official_scorer_10.jsp:

10.04 Runs Batted In

A run batted in is a statistic credited to a batter whose action at bat causes one or more runs to score, as set forth in this Rule 10.04.

(a) The official scorer shall credit the batter with a run batted in for every run that scores

(1) unaided by an error and as part of a play begun by the batter's safe hit (including the batter?s home run), sacrifice bunt, sacrifice fly, infield out or fielder's choice, unless Rule 10.04(b) applies;

(2) by reason of the batter becoming a runner with the bases full (because of a base on balls, an award of first base for being touched by a pitched ball or for interference or obstruction); or

(3) when, before two are out, an error is made on a play on which a runner from third base ordinarily would score.

---

I'll amend the box score tonight. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

*Robin19 fouled out to firstbase.

Although it was a crappy AB, my memory says he was in fair ground and that it was a fly out (pop out technically), not a K. Not sure if you recorded it as such, but as bad as a game as I had I don't want no stinking K.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Archived