Brewer Fanatic

Tim Dillard, Vinny Rottino join Brewers broadcast team

markedman5

Very cool. Funny guy, seems super outgoing. May have to rein it in a bit at times, but I think he could really do a good job.

I think this is why pre/post game is best suited for him. His personality is fantastic in short spurts, but 3 hours straight? It kind of loses it's luster.

A couple of things here:

I suppose this means that Augie is out? He certainly wasn't the most polished guy on TV, but I guess I learned to like him as the past few years went on. Do we know if he got the axe, or is he just moving onto something else?

Does any other franchise have this many people involved with their TV broadcasts? Wow, that seems like a lot of on-air personalities that they are mixing and mashing throughout the season. Also, interesting that Rock is now going to be taking some games off throughout the year.

I might be in the minority here, but I wasn't overly impressed with Dillard when he did some guest appearances on the pre/post game shows a couple of years ago. I know he probably needs more time to get comfortable, but I just wonder if he's one of those guys that's a better social media personality than he is on-air TV personality? Hope he settles into this role without being too over the top.

I suppose this means that Augie is out? He certainly wasn't the most polished guy on TV, but I guess I learned to like him as the past few years went on. Do we know if he got the axe, or is he just moving onto something else?

click on the tweet in the original post.

If there's ever a situation where the Brewers broadcast is all that's available to everyone, like when they did the youtube/facebook types of games, and we play the cards, I hope he is VERY over the top for that.

The rest of the time, I don't care. Even if he becomes a little obnoxious to me, I can skip it. If it attracts more viewers I'm all for it. I think it'll be fun.

Glad that I no longer need to listen to Augustine. He was horrible to listen to. He never sounded comfortable on TV. He would always try to change his sentence half way through saying it and it would come out a jumbled mess. You could basically count on one hand the amount of times in a season that he would analyze something for 30 seconds and not have a cringey sentence or two in there somewhere.

If there's ever a situation where the Brewers broadcast is all that's available to everyone, like when they did the youtube/facebook types of games, and we play the cards, I hope he is VERY over the top for that.

i don't believe that pregame and postgame analysis by fox sports wisconsin has ever been included in mlb.tv streaming, and the youtube tv and facebook live streams of brewers games have employed talent outside of fox sports wisconsin, no? (i remember dan plesac calling a game or two.)

i don't believe that pregame and postgame analysis by fox sports wisconsin has ever been included in mlb.tv streaming, and the youtube tv and facebook live streams of brewers games have employed talent outside of fox sports wisconsin, no? (i remember dan plesac calling a game or two.)

I have MLB.TV streaming, the broadcast ends about 45 seconds after the final out of the game.

Augustine has a face for radio. I'm sure he prefers it over some of the silliness of the pre and postgame stuff too like trips to the Dells. Augie is my age so I relate to him. In fact I knew guys who faced him in high school. He knows his stuff and he'll be fine on the radio and not have to worry about his appearance. At 68 there's not much you can do.

Augustine has a face for radio. I'm sure he prefers it over some of the silliness of the pre and postgame stuff too like trips to the Dells. Augie is my age so I relate to him. In fact I knew guys who faced him in high school. He knows his stuff and he'll be fine on the radio and not have to worry about his appearance. At 68 there's not much you can do.

Think he can still throw a brekka ball?

Think he can still throw a brekka ball?

Possibly work for Gruber Lawffices?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived