Brewer Fanatic

INF Eric Sogard to Cubs on minor league deal

Sogard has the potential to get a lot of playing time in Chicago. Jason Kipnis is gone. If their pitching doesn't keep them in the Division race, Kris Bryant will be gone, and Javy Baez likely to go as well. That would leave only Nico Hoerner and David Bote on the roster as infielders.

Good for Sogard to sniff out a real opportunity for playing time and to extend his career. I'm glad he isn't with Milwaukee this year.

Sogard has the potential to get a lot of playing time in Chicago. Jason Kipnis is gone. If their pitching doesn't keep them in the Division race, Kris Bryant will be gone, and Javy Baez likely to go as well. That would leave only Nico Hoerner and David Bote on the roster as infielders.

Good for Sogard to sniff out a real opportunity for playing time and to extend his career. I'm glad he isn't with Milwaukee this year.

Agreed with the good for Sogard but I know he is going to have a better year with the Cubs than he ever had for the Brewers. He will probably be worth the $4.5m he got in 2020 from the Brewers but on the cheap for the Cubs. No doubt in my mind. :angry

Agreed with the good for Sogard but I know he is going to have a better year with the Cubs than he ever had for the Brewers. He will probably be worth the $4.5m he got in 2020 from the Brewers but on the cheap for the Cubs. No doubt in my mind. :angry

Archived