Brewer Fanatic

Spring Training Battle: RP

brewerfan82
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Bunch of dudes were reassigned to minor league camp, Ashby is still with the team... If he keeps pitching well, wonder if he has a good chance at OD bullpen spot.

Highly doubtful, as he isn't on the 40-man roster yet, and the Brewers don't need to add him. I think his future is as a starter, too.

It is pretty cool that he has earned the extra looks, though.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess Black’s velo went from 98 to the first guy he faced to 90-92 fourth guy he faced.

Just DFA him already... Give Boxberger his spot.

ray black threw bp to his teammates this morning, and was hitting 93-96 mph on one radar gun. time will tell if he's strong enough to avoid starting the season on the injured list and on the opening day roster.

Wonder if Bickford makes the Bullpen

In Milwaukee? No way. He has options.

I like Bickford a lot though and it is good to see him coming along after it looked like his career might be over before if started a couple years ago.

His debut last year really sticks in my head and I hope he can get another chance and not repeat it. He looked like a guy who just could not mentally handle the pressure of pitching at the MLB level, and I hope that's not just who he is.

Interesting on Boxberger, I figured he would have been that vet in the pen they've had on OD rosters the last couple years.

Hopefully that means Feyereisen make the pen, although I can see J.P. being optioned for Black.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
So probably pick three of Topa, Yardley, Feyereisen, Black, Milner and Hardy? I am assuming Rasmussen has earned a spot.

After the way Yardley pitched last year, I imagine there is no chance he doesn't make the team. Perdomo was also mentioned as a possibility by Counsell.

I'm gonna go Yardley, Feyereisen and Black if it is truly down to 3 spots for those guys.

I predict a 7 man pen to start and 14 position players with all the days off.

Hader, Williams, Yardley, Suter, Lindblom are locks.

I think Black and Wahl start on the DL. I think Topa gets optioned.

That leaves the last 2 spots between Feyereisen, Rasmussen, Milner, and Hardy

So probably pick three of Topa, Yardley, Feyereisen, Black, Milner and Hardy? I am assuming Rasmussen has earned a spot.

After the way Yardley pitched last year, I imagine there is no chance he doesn't make the team. Perdomo was also mentioned as a possibility by Counsell.

I'm gonna go Yardley, Feyereisen and Black if it is truly down to 3 spots for those guys.

I missed Counsell’s comment on Perdomo. I would have included him but I thought he had already been optioned.

I mentioned Yardley because I think Rasmussen is more of a lock than him and there is a chance three things are true:

1. The Brewers want a more traditional lefty given their others have defined roles.

2. The Brewers aren’t ready to give up on Black.

3. Feyereisen has forced his way onto the team.

If even one of these three things isn’t true, I think Yardley makes it. If they all are, though, I think his is the spot most in jeopardy.

I predict a 7 man pen to start and 14 position players with all the days off.

Hader, Williams, Yardley, Suter, Lindblom are locks.

I think Black and Wahl start on the DL. I think Topa gets optioned.

That leaves the last 2 spots between Feyereisen, Rasmussen, Milner, and Hardy

Black threw last night and hit 99 on the gun. Its a pretty tough sell to IL him as a reliever, he doesn't need to stretch out. If he can throw in games this week, he's capable of throwing in games next week. He either makes it or not, I don't think IL is an option anymore.

Archived