Brewer Fanatic

Spring Training Games - 2021

Eye Black
I know he’s been out for over a week so he certainly deserves plenty of slack, but so far Urias has swung at 6 pitches against LHP Yusei Kikuchi. Urias swung through and missed 4 pitches completely, fouled 1 pitch into the ground, and tried to check a swing resulting his second strikeout.

For someone who was once considered to possess plus contact skills I am hoping he’s able to begin to show it this season.

It’s becoming obvious he needs to start the season in the minors......hopefully he can find his swing there.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sadly, both Urias and Lauer need to start the season in the minors.

The ship on Urias is quickly setting sail.

There are no indications that he is going to hit for enough power or a high enough OBP to stick at SS or 3B.

Long term he looks like a second baseman. And even then he is going to need to get things on track.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I'll hold off on the "ship has sailed" on Urias until he has an extended period of time where he's not hurt, not coming back from COVID, not only 11 at bats into Spring Training, and not only 23 years old still.

Right! It's almost as if there are people ready and willing to write the guy off simply because they want to rip on Stearns for making a bad move. I think a little patience is probably in order in this case.

According to Adam McCalvy the lineup has changed with Christian Yelich being removed and is now the following:

Wong 2B

Hiura 1B

Garcia RF

Bradley Jr. CF

Pina C

Vogelbach DH

Shaw 3B

Arcia SS

Taylor LF

Apparently it’s non-injury related and just a late decision to give Yelich an additional day off.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

In the first inning a Jackie Bradley Jr. throw to home was a little up the 3B line and Tommy Pham collided with Manny Piña. Initially Piña appeared injured and laid on the ground for several seconds. It appeared that his left shoulder took the brunt of the collision. After meeting with the trainers Piña elected to remain in the game, which quite frankly was a bit surprising given the initial appearance of things.

EDIT: Piña did come out of the game after the 1st inning.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Dodgers going with their B team :)

RF Mookie Betts R

SS Corey Seager L

3B J. Turner R

1B Max Muncy L

CF C. Bellinger L

C Will Smith R

2B Chris Taylor R

LF Matt Beaty L

P C. Kershaw L

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Overall a good outing for Lindblom. 3 walks isn't ideal, but at the same time this was against basically the entire starting lineup (Pollock instead of Beatty the only missing piece I think?) of the best team in the majors. Didn't have his curveball, but made it work anyway.

Archived