Brewer Fanatic

Spring Training Games - 2021

Eye Black
  • Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bob Uecker is pretty amazing. There have been some times he looks like he is slipping, but today he seemed sharp as ever. Still quick on the one-liners and come-backs. I think Jeff Levering was there with him today and it felt like he couldn't keep up and only chuckle. I hope I'm half as quick-witted when I'm 87.

I do miss not hearing him on the radio down here.

I can get it on Sirius in my car but how do you get it on your phone? Publix? Where do you live?

I know it is Spring Training but Hiura is really starting to concern me at the plate.

I couldn't agree more. His strikeouts are just at a completely unsustainable level for any kind of elite hitter. Doesn't have the power of a Joey Gallo to just survive on homers alone and still not sure he can play even passable defense either. He just doesn't seem to be showing any signs of improvement at the plate and what once looked like a cornerstone is just covered in red flags today.

I know it is Spring Training but Hiura is really starting to concern me at the plate.

I couldn't agree more. His strikeouts are just at a completely unsustainable level for any kind of elite hitter. Doesn't have the power of a Joey Gallo to just survive on homers alone and still not sure he can play even passable defense either. He just doesn't seem to be showing any signs of improvement at the plate and what once looked like a cornerstone is just covered in red flags today.

I still firmly believe the Brewers should be thinking about a Plan B at 1st. Previously, it was mostly a defensive worry. However, it is becoming more and more of an offensive worry.

Bob Uecker is pretty amazing. There have been some times he looks like he is slipping, but today he seemed sharp as ever. Still quick on the one-liners and come-backs. I think Jeff Levering was there with him today and it felt like he couldn't keep up and only chuckle. I hope I'm half as quick-witted when I'm 87.

I can get it on Sirius in my car but how do you get it on your phone? Publix? Where do you live?

Download the mlb app and you can stream all the games for $20/year. The Publix was near GT in Atlanta when our daughter was there. We're in Tybee part of the year (including now) and San Diego mostly. Are you in the south?

From today's intersquad game...

Adam McCalvy: Brent Suter is coming out of the Brewers' intrasquad game with an athletic trainer. He was struck by a sharp Garrett Mitchell comebacker.

Will Sammon: Brent Suter walked off the mound during this intrasquad.

Garrett Mitchell hit a line drive at him, and then Suter tumbled while trying to make a play on it.

After the play, an athletic trainer was looking at Suter's arm

EDIT... And now Corbin Burnes with a reported intersquad scare per McCalvy:

Corbin Burnes took a tumble on an awkward 3-1 putout of Jackie Bradley Jr. in today's intrasquad game, but said he was fine. "Just testing out the durability of the knee over there. But yeah, I'm good."

More Burnes on that scare: "They said maybe you can take it a little bit easier. I was just looking at Jackie running down the line so I just wanted to beat Jackie to first."

Not just “at Night” anymore.

I'm getting nostalgic for the time when it was a polarizing opinion to be willing to trade Hiura for deGrom circa 2018, not that the Mets would have done it but that's when the rumors about deGrom possibly being available were going around.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Download the mlb app and you can stream all the games for $20/year. The Publix was near GT in Atlanta when our daughter was there. We're in Tybee part of the year (including now) and San Diego mostly. Are you in the south?

I'm about a hour and a half south of Tampa.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

If you get a MLB.TV subscription, you can listen to the games on your phone. I do that a lot when I'm outside doing something else.

If you are a Sirius subscriber, they have a package where you can add internet Sirius for a very affordable price. It’s like an add-on.

Once you have that, you can download the app onto your phone and log on that way. I use the app more than I listen in the car.

Obviously you can get Bucks radio and all their other channels that way too. It is very inexpensive if you are already a subscriber in your car.

I know he’s been out for over a week so he certainly deserves plenty of slack, but so far Urias has swung at 6 pitches against LHP Yusei Kikuchi. Urias swung through and missed 4 pitches completely, fouled 1 pitch into the ground, and tried to check a swing resulting his second strikeout.

For someone who was once considered to possess plus contact skills I am hoping he’s able to begin to show it this season.

Houser left the game in the middle of a Dylan Moore at-bat in what appeared to be some sort of injury issue or precaution. He was walking off the field with an athletic trainer. He had fallen off the mound sideways on his last pitch. It looked like they were being overly cautious, so hopefully it’s nothing.

EDIT: Brewers announce Houser left the game with right thumb discomfort.

Archived