Spring Training Games - 2021

Eye Black
  • Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Here is the link for Statcast data to today's Brewers-Dbacks game:

Baseball Savant Gamefeed - Brewers vs. Dbacks - 3/1/2021

This is cool. Have they been doing a Gamecast for the regular season MLB games too?

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Community Moderator

This is cool. Have they been doing a Gamecast for the regular season MLB games too?

Yes, the Baseball Savant gamefeed provides great Statcast information during all regular season games. I'll start adding the link to the top of the regular season In-Game Threads.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

QTC sighting. Forgot he had a cup of coffee with the big leaguers last year.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Yes, the Baseball Savant gamefeed provides great Statcast information during all regular season games. I'll start adding the link to the top of the regular season In-Game Threads.

Ok, that is awesome. I saw the boxscore after the game and was hoping to go watch Burnes, Mitchell, Turang, and Lutz in the MLB replay, but no video... This is almost better since you actually can see velocities (pitching and hit velo) and other stat-geek info.

Some of my favorite tidbits:

- Burnes has 2 Ks, 0 Hard hit balls. He didn't throw any FBs and was throwing his sinker at 97/98 MPH.

- Mitchell's single had an exit velo of 109MPH (more than Manny's HR).

- Vogelbach had an out with an exit velo of 112 MPH

- Zimmermann had three balls (2 hits, 1 out) in an inning that were considered "hard hit". FB was in the 86-89 range (Ok, not a "favorite" but telling).

- Freddie is still throwing 70% FBs. But looks like he has two speeds of CB now. Or at least working on it.

- Boxberger was in at a 95/96MPH FB with a 86/87 MPH slider.

- Feliciano doesn't like to see many pitches. 2 ABs, 3 pitches.

This is a dangerous site... so much stuff to look at. I think I will spend far too much time here...

I don't hate that order for the top 4 on opening day. I don't mind 5th that much either but would like to think someone can out-hit Shaw there.

If you want to keep the L-R-L-R order, if Narvaez can bounce back to his 2018-19 numbers, he could look nice in that 5th spot:

LckRsI8.png

I hope someone beats out Lindblom for the Bottom Starter spot.

I think that's a pretty reasonable hope for most teams. Have a reasonably paid 5th starter and hope a young prospect forces his way into said rotation spot. Certainly would be nice if ashby or small could be those guys at some point this season.

I hope someone beats out Lindblom for the Bottom Starter spot.

I think that's a pretty reasonable hope for most teams. Have a reasonably paid 5th starter and hope a young prospect forces his way into said rotation spot. Certainly would be nice if ashby or small could be those guys at some point this season.

Yea, Lindblom is fine as a #5 guy. If Peralta or Lauer has a great spring then give them a shot over Lindblom but if not then let Lindblom be the #5 guy to start the season. He's fine as a low end starter

Yea, Lindblom is fine as a #5 guy. If Peralta or Lauer has a great spring then give them a shot over Lindblom but if not then let Lindblom be the #5 guy to start the season. He's fine as a low end starter

Archived