Brewer Fanatic

the 70 of 2021 . . . what does it mean?

djoctagone
I don’t think they’ll consider either an option until they get some innings in at Triple-A this year, but both Miguel Sanchez and Quintin Torres-Costa could be low-key possibilities to pitch in the major league bullpen at some point later this summer.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

The Brewers depth at starting pitcher really stinks right now. Hopefully Anderson can go but if not I guess I would go with Lauer and see what Weigel can do as a second choice. Don't really want Zimmerman or Godley pitching for the Brewers..

As we consider what moves could be on the horizon, Adam McCalvy provided this list of potential relief pitchers that are currently in the Brewers player pool...

Pitchers in the player pool & on the 40:

Bickford

Lauer

Sobotka

Weigel

Pitchers in the pool & not on the 40:

Andrews

Ashby

Barker

Black

Crawford

Francis

Godley

Hardy

Milner

Sánchez

Small

Torres-Costa

Zimmermann

it's my understanding that player replacements in the month of april can only come from the alternate training site (or the taxi squad from said site).

as reported above, aaron ashby, bowden francis and ethan small have been working out in arizona after traveling north with the team to wisconsin. and damuelle reports that leo crawford is in arizona now as well.

consider jacob nottingham subtracted from the collective player pool. we're not privy to any subtractions of players in the organization (i.e. potentially the aforementioned players currently in arizona), but assuming no subtractions, the collective player pool is at 60 (assuming phil bickford remains in the organization) . . . still well under the mlb limit.

insignificant news to most . . . take away phil bickford, add jacob nottingham back in, and the collective player pool is at 60. again, we're not privy to player subtractions (or additions, for that matter), but this is for those who might be keeping track . . .

Archived