Brewer Fanatic

Josh Reddick

Left handed hitting outfielder Josh Reddick is still searching for work. Has a little pop and strikes out under 20% of the time. He shouldn’t break the bank. It would be nice to add another known quality bat to the roster and safety net if Garcia doesn’t bounce back.

I've been intrigued by him for awhile. Obviously his injury history is a concern, but if you are looking at him as a 4th OFer and insurance, I think it makes a lot of sense.

I guess it would depend on how big a cut he's willing to take. I can't see Stearns/Arnold offering anything more than $2M or so for a backup OF. I know the A's also have been talking about adding him as a starting OF.

.270/.330/.440/.769 slash line against RHP for his career.

As you said, over his entire career.

But the last three seasons against RHP-

2018 = .231/.318/.351/.669

2019 = .266/.312/.386/.698

2020 = .236/.307/.358/.664

I wouldn't be targeting Reddick if I was looking for a guy to hit right handed pitching.

Reddick may not be a bad fit for the Brewers as they have very little outfield experience once they get past the three starters. Looking at the defense and baserunning, Reddick just doesn't look like a guy that can do anything that well anymore. Greatest asset is probably his experience. Do the Brewers really want to go with Billy McKinney and Tyrone Taylor as outfielders #4 and #5 next season? I'm not a big fan of adding Reddick but I wouldn't argue with people who would say the Brewers should pursue him. Probably would end up with something like a .310 OBP, .700 OPS and subpar defense (but not horrible defense). Maybe McKinney, Taylor, Fisher, Ray could do better, but that group could do a lot worse too.

.270/.330/.440/.769 slash line against RHP for his career.

As you said, over his entire career.

But the last three seasons against RHP-

2018 = .231/.318/.351/.669

2019 = .266/.312/.386/.698

2020 = .236/.307/.358/.664

I wouldn't be targeting Reddick if I was looking for a guy to hit right handed pitching.

Reddick may not be a bad fit for the Brewers as they have very little outfield experience once they get past the three starters. Looking at the defense and baserunning, Reddick just doesn't look like a guy that can do anything that well anymore. Greatest asset is probably his experience. Do the Brewers really want to go with Billy McKinney and Tyrone Taylor as outfielders #4 and #5 next season? I'm not a big fan of adding Reddick but I wouldn't argue with people who would say the Brewers should pursue him. Probably would end up with something like a .310 OBP, .700 OPS and subpar defense (but not horrible defense). Maybe McKinney, Taylor, Fisher, Ray could do better, but that group could do a lot worse too.

Good catch. Pass on this one.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

He's just a guy, we have plenty of "just a guys" on the team. Save the money and put towards a #3 starting pitcher...(I would have said a 3B, but I have given up on that ever happening)
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Archived