Brewer Fanatic

Brewers sign Travis Shaw- $1.5m Minor League Deal, $1.5 more in incentives, with an opt-out

markedman5

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plus defense at 3B and (in an ideal scenario) a righty masher. Makes perfect sense for what our current roster needs.

If you want to dream:

2017-18 Shaw vs. RHP: .266/.359/.533/.892, .373 wOBA, 131 wRC+

2018-20 Urias vs. LHP: .337/.373/.500/.873, .372 wOBA, 133 wRC+

I don't think Urias is going to be the short-side of a platoon, but he can start at 3B against LHP and at SS against RHP.

Social media is already going crazy negative with this and he isn’t even a Brewer yet. I’m hopeful that he does well, but I just don’t have a good feeling about this.

Is there anything they're not negative about?

A great day for Brewers fans. Anderson and now Shaw is back in the mix. This gives them roster flexibility and an opportunity to get a LH portion of the 1B/3B combination. Good stuff!
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't make the roster, no? Who does he have to beat out for the last infield bench spot, Mark Mathias/Jace Peterson, or is it Daniel Vogelbach?

I think Robertson is pretty safe.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't make the roster, no? Who does he have to beat out for the last infield bench spot, Mark Mathias/Jace Peterson, or is it Daniel Vogelbach?

I think Robertson is pretty safe.

Obviously Hiura, Wong and Urias are locks. Arcia and Robertson are probably close to it. If they keep 13 position players, it will probably be 4-5 outfielders, 5-6 infielders and the two catchers. That means Vogelbach and Shaw may be competing for one spot. I suppose they could keep both, but then that means only 4 OFers.

Archived