Brewer Fanatic

Brett Anderson re-signs with Brewers - 1-year / $2.5 million

Eye Black

It's a solid signing I think, likely to be decent value though there's always a chance he misses significant time...in that case it's not a lot lost.

This year of all years, who is fifth vs sixth in the rotation might be pretty fluid. In the best of years you probably need to plan for six to eight starters for depth, but between potential covid issue and the fact that nobody pitched many innings last year, you might get twelve guys getting significant numbers of starts. (For reference, the 2019 Brewers had ten with three or more starts, eight with 8 or more.)

Guess this means either Lindblom or Lauer to bullpen then.

Just my opinion but I think Lindblom is a lock to be in the rotation unless he is absolutely abysmal in spring training.

Yep I agree.

Lauer seems to be headed for Nashville then, I dont see room for him in the bullpen... And would be a waste putting him in there.

They needed to this. I guess nature of the game is why it takes this long. Anderson is fine though a bit fragile. When he gets in a groove, he gets quick outs. That helps the offense and the defense. If he gives them 25 starts it's a huge bargain.

I think they were in a holding pattern until Justin Turner made his decision. I'd bet that Attanasio was willing to go over budget to sign Turner, but his signing would have meant that there was no extra money for anyone else. When Turner went back to LA, the Brewers had a few million dollars left in the budget, so they signed Shaw and Anderson. I just wonder if there was a better "Plan B" out there that signed with someone else while we were stuck waiting for Turner's decision.

I'm fine with the Anderson signing. It really seemed like we needed to get another starting pitcher, so Anderson will help the team. I would've liked Odorizzi, but he was probably out of the Brewers price range for a "non-superstar" signing.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Guess this means either Lindblom or Lauer to bullpen then.

Just my opinion but I think Lindblom is a lock to be in the rotation unless he is absolutely abysmal in spring training.

Maybe. But is there a 33 year old pitcher who's last decent year in the majors was 9 years ago as a reliever a lock to be in a rotation anywhere else in the major leagues?

They needed to this. I guess nature of the game is why it takes this long. Anderson is fine though a bit fragile. When he gets in a groove, he gets quick outs. That helps the offense and the defense. If he gives them 25 starts it's a huge bargain.

I think they were in a holding pattern until Justin Turner made his decision. I'd bet that Attanasio was willing to go over budget to sign Turner, but his signing would have meant that there was no extra money for anyone else. When Turner went back to LA, the Brewers had a few million dollars left in the budget, so they signed Shaw and Anderson. I just wonder if there was a better "Plan B" out there that signed with someone else while we were stuck waiting for Turner's decision.

I'm fine with the Anderson signing. It really seemed like we needed to get another starting pitcher, so Anderson will help the team. I would've liked Odorizzi, but he was probably out of the Brewers price range for a "non-superstar" signing.

I think Stearns has some flexibility yet if he wants to spend. We wouldn't be interested in Rosenthal who signed for 11 million if there wasn't. I am okay with them not spending if it means we can add at the deadline if necessary.

• 8 months later...