Brewer Fanatic

Derek Fisher Traded to Brewers

Eye Black
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

apparently, the brewers ended derek fisher's rehab assignment some time after 22 may, as the club announced him starting a rehab assignment today with class aaa nashville. it can last up to 20 days.

the guy has been earning major league service time and major league pay since opening day, but has yet to be on the big league roster.

• 2 weeks later...
derek fisher has been designated for assignment. the club has seven days to trade, release, or try to outright him to the minors. if he clears outright waivers, he will be forced to accept the minor league assignment.

Very surprised to see they cut bait on Fisher so fast.

this is a typical awkward characterization we hear all the time. They didn't necessarily cut bait...they needed an open roster spot. With Taylor showing he's ready to be in MLB as a 4th OF and us needing roster space, Fisher was let go. Doesn't mean they gave up on him, it means they had a better choice.

Just a pet peeve of mine, like when people incorrectly say we gave up on Grisham.

Very surprised to see they cut bait on Fisher so fast.

this is a typical awkward characterization we hear all the time. They didn't necessarily cut bait...they needed an open roster spot. With Taylor showing he's ready to be in MLB as a 4th OF and us needing roster space, Fisher was let go. Doesn't mean they gave up on him, it means they had a better choice.

Just a pet peeve of mine, like when people incorrectly say we gave up on Grisham.

Looks like D Honks fell for that one hook, line, and sinker!

When a team DFA someone they cut bait with them or whatever other term you want to use. There might be valid reason for it and I agree Taylor is better but in the end the Brewers are saying they don't need that player.

When a team DFA someone they cut bait with them or whatever other term you want to use. There might be valid reason for it and I agree Taylor is better but in the end the Brewers are saying they don't need that player.

I would say since he has to report to the minors, they haven't really cut bait with him. If they didn't even want him in the minors, and just released him, then they cut bait with him.

Archived