Brewer Fanatic

Derek Fisher Traded to Brewers

Eye Black
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Head scratcher.

I think you're reading too much into it, as it's nothing more than a virtually no-cost flier. May see something they feel they can work with him on or something. If he fails, meh.

I think McKinney & Fisher are typical 40-man fringe guys who amount to depth pieces. And if something better comes along, they're possibilities for trying to slip through waivers to get 'em down to the AAA roster. At the end of ST, if they don't make our Opening Day roster, there's a good chance at least one if not both gets to Nashville since the waiver wire gets flooded with guys like this.

that was my first take, just looked at the stats. I do see that it probably was a smart move to see if there is something there. The issue, is that he never got consistent playing time and with Yeli, Cain and Garcia, he may only see some consistent in Right depending on Garcia's performance and then to give the starters a day off now and then.

Fisher has not played a single inning of infield in college or pro ball, but he does throw right handed so maybe Counsell will try him at 3B? McKinney has played a little 1B. So there's your answer for the corner infield spots?

Very doubtful.... Stick a guy at 3B, that's never played a single inning in the infield at either college or minors, not gonna happen... Can you imagine the uproar if he did that?

Fisher has not played a single inning of infield in college or pro ball, but he does throw right handed so maybe Counsell will try him at 3B? McKinney has played a little 1B. So there's your answer for the corner infield spots?

Very doubtful.... Stick a guy at 3B, that's never played a single inning in the infield at either college or minors, not gonna happen... Can you imagine the uproar if he did that?

Pretty sure that was sarcasm

Pretty sure that was sarcasm

Haha sorry, I guess I can't read sarcasm online.

I think you're reading too much into it, as it's nothing more than a virtually no-cost flier. May see something they feel they can work with him on or something. If he fails, meh.

I think McKinney & Fisher are typical 40-man fringe guys who amount to depth pieces. And if something better comes along, they're possibilities for trying to slip through waivers to get 'em down to the AAA roster. At the end of ST, if they don't make our Opening Day roster, there's a good chance at least one if not both gets to Nashville since the waiver wire gets flooded with guys like this.

that was my first take, just looked at the stats. I do see that it probably was a smart move to see if there is something there. The issue, is that he never got consistent playing time and with Yeli, Cain and Garcia, he may only see some consistent in Right depending on Garcia's performance and then to give the starters a day off now and then.

I guess I could see Fisher/Garcia platoon in RF... Although maybe not a strict platoon since Fisher would get the majority of the ABs.

I guess I could see Fisher/Garcia platoon in RF... Although maybe not a strict platoon since Fisher would get the majority of the ABs.

The problem is he has been terrible against right handers in the majors and has hit left handers pretty well, especially for a left handed batter.

The problem is he has been terrible against right handers in the majors and has hit left handers pretty well, especially for a left handed batter.

Hmm interesting... That would be a weird platoon then, RHH vs RHP and LHH vs LHP.

His reverse splits are based on such a small sample. As I mentioned earlier. His BABIP is higher than vs rhp

• 2 months later...
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
i'm curious if derek fisher has seen any action at the alternate training site since being placed on the injured list.

I believe McCalvy mentioned in one of his recent notes columns that Fisher has been taking BP and is taking part in other workouts, but has not appeared in any alternate training site exhibitions yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived