Brewer Fanatic

Derek Fisher Traded to Brewers

Eye Black

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So to try to see what the Brewers see, I would imagine that the elite exit velocity (His 92.7 mph in 2020 would've been the 12th highest had he qualified. It was similar in 2018 and 2019 so that part seems real) combined with the high walk rate is attractive, and this from a player with a lot of speed who is at least an average defender in the corners, and can passably play CF it seems. And is a lefty. He is a pretty extreme groundball hitter however, so that exit velocity doesn't really play. I guess they think that if they can unlock some more loft while keeping that EV...

So there seems to be some logic to it, and I'd expect nothing less from this front office. However that strikeout rate, albeit in still rather small 400 PA sample over 4 years, is ugly.

Definitely looks more interesting if you ignore what he's done in the majors so far.

2017-19 Minor League Stats (all AAA):

sas94hT.png

Note: There's 45 homers and 114 walks in those 935 PAs.

Looks like your prototypical AAAA player, but he is the right age (27) to have a breakout season.

Good OBP? .287 career.

You must be talking minors?

I am sure he was talking about his ability to take walks. His OBP is almost .100 higher than his average. Pretty impressive if he could hit.

Yep, that's what I was referring to. Serious OBP increase relative to BA, but his BA has been terrible.

I think there’s still enough upside to have a little hope that Fisher turns into a good major leaguer.

He has interesting reverse splits (has a .783 OPS versus LHP in MLB).

Someone joked after the Robertson signing about the Brewers staff clinging to a 5 year old copy of the Baseball America Prospect Handbook, and it is sort of funny they’ve added several once well regarded prospects that are now in their mid-to-late 20’s over the past year (i.e. McKinney, Vogelbach, Robertson, and now Fisher).

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Archived