Brewer Fanatic

Justin Turner to re-sign with Dodgers

Eye Black
The 2001 Seattle Mariners were about as stacked as a team has ever been, and they won 116 games. It isn't impossible that the Dodgers win 122, but is about a "winning the Powerball jackpot" level of improbable.

There are so many things that could go wrong where the Dodgers only win about 100 games. There could be multiple injuries or someone has a down year that doesn't get them to the 116 wins or even 122 not to mention any kind of random event like going below .500 against the Giants or going below .500 against the NL central that could shift it to 108 wins or less. The Dodgers could also be below 100 wins though I find that highly unlikely but weirder things have happened.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I haven't looked up and down the roster, but I have the sense that the Dodgers are starting to get on the old side. Turner is quite old for example since he was a super late bloomer, Kershaw is definitely getting up there. They are not ancient but that would be one angle on how they might under perform.

I haven't looked up and down the roster, but I have the sense that the Dodgers are starting to get on the old side. Turner is quite old for example since he was a super late bloomer, Kershaw is definitely getting up there. They are not ancient but that would be one angle on how they might under perform.

Not really to be honest. They have quite the core of younger, home grown players. Seager, bellinger, lux, smith, ruiz, beuhler, may, urias...all home grown and under 30...many significantly younger. That doesn't include betts who is 28 and will be there for a long time. You're probably thinking of kershaw, jansen, and turner who yes...are pretty old. When those guys move on, they'll still be very very good.

Walker Buehler trolling the Brewers on Twitter regarding Justin Turner. "We're we scared? The Brewers? Hahahahahaha."

I nominate Buehler for a fastball to the ribs come regular season. He needs to be sent a message. The Brewers might not be able to sign high-priced 36 year old thirdbasemen, but we will not be disrespected.

Walker Buehler trolling the Brewers on Twitter regarding Justin Turner. "We're we scared? The Brewers? Hahahahahaha."

I nominate Buehler for a fastball to the ribs come regular season. He needs to be sent a message. The Brewers might not be able to sign high-priced 36 year old thirdbasemen, but we will not be disrespected.

He must have deleted it already. The sad thing is, with MLB’s economics he isn’t really wrong. It’s a jerk move, but we can’t compete with them in the long haul.

But, yes, I hope he gets a few fastballs in the ribs when we play them.

Bauer, Buehler, legitimate worst fanbase in baseball.. what else? Going to be funny to see the Dodgers get overwhelmed by the Padres this year. They'll probably still make the playoffs through the Wild Card though, now that half the league makes the playoffs.

Added Bauer and resigned Turner. 116 wins based on pct last season.Aside from SD what team in Division is fielding an 80 win team? NL central is filled with 80win teams that will have at least 1 exceed since half games played vs eachother.

Wait, you were serious?

Lol.

Dodger win total will be about 105 if it's 162 game season.

https://www.fangraphs.com/roster-resource/depth-charts/dodgers

They have nearly an entire starting offense projected to bat over an 800+OPS. The one starter at 2nd base Taylor is backed up by top prospect Gavin Lux who has close to 780 OPS projection. The Brewers have Yelich and nobody else. Pitching. Dodgers have 3 Cy Young candidates headlining an offense that doesnt need CY Young candidates to win 50pct of the games. But they do. Their top pitching prospects who pitched for them last season all had under 3ERA in the small sample of games. These guys were rated about where Woodruff was rated when he joined Milw. So its not like Kershaw goes down and LA is pitching a 4+ mediocre starter behind him. Legit #2 or 3 steps in. This runs 7 deep now. Again paired with an offense that has a Yelich bat in it and every other bat better than Brewers #2 bat. It's a Super Team. Expect it to be Super.

Yeah, cool. There is literally zero chance that the over/under on the Dodgers is anywhere near 116.

But yeah, they're really good. Tremendous analysis.

Although this scenario is unlikely, it would be amazing:

The Brewers kick the reigning World Series Champion Dodgers out of the postseason in Milwaukee. As the Brewers celebrate their post-season series win on the field Buehler’s deleted tweet is displayed on the scoreboard.

Although this scenario is unlikely, it would be amazing:

The Brewers kick the reigning World Series Champion Dodgers out of the postseason in Milwaukee. As the Brewers celebrate their post-season series win on the field Buehler’s deleted tweet is displayed on the scoreboard.

[sarcasm]Impossible. The Dodgers and Padres are already co-World Series champions and each team will win 140 games.[/sarcasm]

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Every large market and financial advantage imaginable and it still took you 30+ years and a weird season to win it all again. Congrats Dodgers, you're so awesome.

Yes, I'm glad I can now start officially hating the Dodgers like I do Bos, NYY, Cubs. The essentially hadn't won a title in the life I can remember and about 10 years of putting out great teams and being extremely well run they kept getting unlucky in the playoffs. They/their fans deserve at least one with this run they've been on. Also besides Machado their recent teams haven't really had a hateable player.

Now that they have the title they deserve I can lump them in with the other big market teams. LAD is kind of showing us what can be done with all those advantages/resources if you run it smartly/correctly. Yanks spent a good part of the last 20 years being run stupidly which kept things open for everyone else. Dodgers are doing it much better than them. The nature of baseball shouldn't allow them to be like the Durant GSW teams, so hopefully it doesn't happen.

Quick side note on the Dodgers.

While the team has not been unlikeable, their fan base is atrocious and I hope they never get another title in my lifetime. I’d rather see the Cubs win another title before them.

Story: I took my wife and 6 month old daughter to a Brewer-Dodger game in 2019 at Dodger Stadium. I had my arm in a sling because I had shoulder surgery about a month prior to repair a torn labrum. We were wearing Brewer jerseys. Constant glaring, long eye contact while I have my arm in a sling and my daughter in my other arm and my wife had women Dodger fans in the bathroom giving her and my daughter had a hard time because of the Brewer jersey. Not a friendly hard time either.

I’ve been to Wrigley, Busch, Coors, Angels Stadium, Petco, AT&T, and Chase all while wearing Brewers jerseys and never had a similar experience. My family and I were apparently quite the threat to Dodger fans. They’re literally the worst.

I've never understood the mentality of being a jerk to a fan of an opposing team. Friendly ribbing is one thing, you've got to expect that when you go on the road. But when people do the kinds of things WTP described, it just seems like they should be spending their money on therapy sessions instead of sporting events.

I've been told by friends not to wear Brewers clothing at Dodgers games. The risk of an altercation is too great to make it worth it.

I have yet to go there, but plan to do so in the future.

I wore a Brewers jersey at Wrigley 3 years ago and got zero hassle from anyone.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Wasn't there some altercation between a Dodgers fan and a Giants fan that ended up with one of them dead a few years ago? Not a lot of common sense out there. It's just a baseball game. Not worth going to prison over who wears what jersey.
"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

About 10 years ago I went to Dodger Stadium for a Brewer game with a friend of mine and his sister and her boyfriend. It was the infamous Gabe Kapler robs a homer by falling into the stands game. We were about 5 rows from where he did it. That was cool. But anyway, on the way out of the stands it was a bit congested and my friend's sister bumped into some lady in front of her. The lady immediately turns around and shoves her, obviously looking for a fight. My friend's sister shoves her back. Luckily, the respective boyfriends separated the ladies before anything more happened and that was it. I don't know if my friend's sister was wearing Brewer garb, I'm sure both he and I were, but it was just bizarre how quickly it escalated. And I don't think she was drunk either. On the way to our car in the parking lot we saw some flashing lights and assumed it was a minor fender bender. Heard on the news later that night there was a knife fight in the parking lot. The whole Dodger Stadium experience was just weird.

As for SeaBass’s comment about the opening day murder that happened there, I believe that was the last straw for tailgating there. They are lunatics and lushes.

I hope the dodgers pull a mariners this year. Set a new wins record and then bow right out of the playoffs.

Wasn't there some altercation between a Dodgers fan and a Giants fan that ended up with one of them dead a few years ago? Not a lot of common sense out there. It's just a baseball game. Not worth going to prison over who wears what jersey.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/02/12/how-giants-fan-bryan-stow-has-turned-his-trauma-into-a-message-for-thousands-of-kids/

Bryan Stow...10 years ago already. To think that someone would do this over a baseball game is absolutely beyond comprehension for me.

The ball into Buehler’s ribs should be thrown by a hard throwing reliever who will never have to bat. So there’d be no way for Buehler to hit him back.

I nominate Topa. Counsell will never go for it so Topa would have to do it on his own. There are pitchers that do that.

I never wish ill l will on anyone because of Karma. But he was obviously not worried about that...

I can't think of one single instance in Counsell's 6 year managerial run where he has ever ordered a beaning, and there have been some very deserving circumstances.

He's just not that kind of manager and it's just not happening.

Archived