Brewer Fanatic

Baseball Prospectus 2021 Standings Prediction

MrTPlush

Can't find the link, but saw MLB posted it on Facebook.

NL Central:

1) Brewers 89-73

2) Cubs 85-77

3) Cardinals 81-81

4) Reds 79-83

5) Pirates 61-101

Their record is projected 7th in baseball behind: Dodgers, Yankees, Mets, Padres, Astros, and Twins

Man. Imagine what projections we would have if we had an owner who spent some money and a GM who knew what they were doing!
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Are Pecota projections (linked in the Brewer optimism thread) and Baseball prospectus projections the same thing? Pecota projections are on the baseball prospectus site and I do not see any other standings projections on the site. The standing posted in post#1 appear to be the exact same as Pecota only rounded.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Are Pecota projections (linked in the Brewer optimism thread) and Baseball prospectus projections the same thing? Pecota projections are on the baseball prospectus site and I do not see any other standings projections on the site. The standing posted in post#1 appear to be the exact same as Pecota only rounded.

Yes, they're one and the same. BP host Pecota. I think they publish staff predictions as well, but no other projection system there.

As an aside, I believe these were published before Molina signed. That should add another win (He's projected at just above 1 WARP) to the Cards.

Archived