Brewer Fanatic

Brewers sign Jordan Zimmermann

Eye Black
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JZ to the IL tomorrow.

JZ DFA today. Zimmerman is clearly washed-up. He had nothing yesterday. 56 pitches/25 balls 5 hits two walks and 5 ERs.

My guess is he retires today. You're right, he has nothing left. It was still cool to have him finally play for the Brewers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I mean, has he really been that bad? I'm on the radio, so what do I know, but he's given up 2 hits and 2 walks in nearly 4 innings so far. I know it's 11-0 when he comes in, and I know he's not going to be around long, but, especially while Lindblom is hurt, Zimmerman maybe is worth another look or two?

Edit: Okay, he can't get AJ Pollock out, that's for sure. Will stand by the point, though. I've seen worse in that Brewer pen.

Heck, we've seen worse in the Brewer pen this year. Lindblom was terrible before going on the IL.

clearly, with an opt-out date just before the class aaa minor league season starts, zimmermann is telling the brewers that he has no desire to pitch for the nashville sounds on minor league assignment.

of course, he can change his mind, but it's pretty clear that it's brewers or retire. if he's designated for assignment, i'd be shocked to see an outright attempt to nashville. he'll be released.

Yep, and he'll be out fishing the next day. I live roughly a mile from his place in the Northwoods. When they say "cabin", it is underselling it. He lives in a $3 million, 5,000-square-foot home on a lake up here. Beautiful spot ... perfect quiet spot for an outdoorsy guy with a young family. I'm sure he decided to give it one more go to say that he pitched for his hometown team, but if he gets DFA'd, he'll likely be more than happy to hang it up.

Is he on the Three Lakes/Eagle River chain? Just curious. I have a place there.

JZ couldn't get people out in ST either. His FB speed had dropped dramatically over the last few years from his last point of success (they correlate nicely) and nothing has improved there. Retire in style fellow cheesehead.

clearly, with an opt-out date just before the class aaa minor league season starts, zimmermann is telling the brewers that he has no desire to pitch for the nashville sounds on minor league assignment.

of course, he can change his mind, but it's pretty clear that it's brewers or retire. if he's designated for assignment, i'd be shocked to see an outright attempt to nashville. he'll be released.

Yep, and he'll be out fishing the next day. I live roughly a mile from his place in the Northwoods. When they say "cabin", it is underselling it. He lives in a $3 million, 5,000-square-foot home on a lake up here. Beautiful spot ... perfect quiet spot for an outdoorsy guy with a young family. I'm sure he decided to give it one more go to say that he pitched for his hometown team, but if he gets DFA'd, he'll likely be more than happy to hang it up.

Is he on the Three Lakes/Eagle River chain? Just curious. I have a place there.

Yep, sure is.

Pretty sure he still lives in Auburndale for a good majority of the year still. That’s where he was traveling back and forth to Appleton from.

It was a nice story and cool he eventually got to play for the Brewers, but I am sure the Brewers will release him and he will happily retire. I mean that is what he did for two hours before the Brewers called him down to Milwaukee.

When preferred players get healthy. For now, the Brewers don’t have anyone else so he’ll need to come in and try to compete if for no other point than to eat innings until their other pitchers start getting healthy

Pretty sure he still lives in Auburndale for a good majority of the year still. That’s where he was traveling back and forth to Appleton from.

It was a nice story and cool he eventually got to play for the Brewers, but I am sure the Brewers will release him and he will happily retire. I mean that is what he did for two hours before the Brewers called him down to Milwaukee.

Correct. But I have it on good authority, though, that he was at his place in the Northwoods when he officially decided to hang it up, and when the Brewers called him to say they wanted to add him to the roster. In fact, he was actually on his boat fishing Wednesday evening when the Brewers called him.

Correct. But I have it on good authority, though, that he was at his place in the Northwoods when he officially decided to hang it up, and when the Brewers called him to say they wanted to add him to the roster. In fact, he was actually on his boat fishing Wednesday evening when the Brewers called him.

When does fishing season open???

When does fishing season open???

Game fish season opened Saturday. From what I heard, he was after panfish, which are open year-around.

Kind of the Brewers to let him go out in this fashion versus kicking him to he curb and then him having to retire.

The team is seemingly at the point where it is about to get much healthier, with Burnes, Lindblom, Yardley, Narvaez, Peterson, Robertson and Fisher all eligible to come off the IL this week. They also have two open 40-man spots available now with Zimmermann's retirement and Godley being DFA'd. One of those spots will go to Burnes when he is activated this week. I'm sure they told Zimmermann that he would be welcome to stay in the organization, but they would have to DFA him to open a roster spot on the 26-man, and rather than deal with DFA limbo, the possibility of being claimed, or having to go pitch in Nashville, he chose to hang them up.

His time as a Brewer is certainly not going to go down as incredibly noteworthy, but he did eat some innings in a couple games where the pitching staff was taxed, so he did provide some value this year. Overall, seeing him pitch for the Brewers this year was a pretty cool story, even if he didn't resemble the solid near-ace he was in his Nationals prime.

Probably a relief for Zimmerman. He was obviously on the brink of retirement, but decided to try to stick around this season. Couldn't have been easy psychologically bouncing around between the big league club, minors, alt site, whatever. Fine career, time to chill.

Overall, seeing him pitch for the Brewers this year was a pretty cool story, even if he didn't resemble the solid near-ace he was in his Nationals prime.

Can't wait for his reunion at the ring ceremony next Spring.

From his hometown ,was the most down to earth kid i ever seen never got a big head always worked his butt off both in high school and at Stevens Point team always came 1st. Was pretty much unhittable in high school.

From his hometown ,was the most down to earth kid i ever seen never got a big head always worked his butt off both in high school and at Stevens Point team always came 1st. Was pretty much unhittable in high school.

0-1 with a K against him lifetime. Fouled back that 0-1 FB hard, though!

The dude is hometown, for sure. What’s he doing a few days after retirement? Playing in a local slow pitch tournament. That’s fricking cool, IMO.

Archived