Brewer Fanatic

2021 Vent Thread

brewtank34

I just don’t have faith in our offense. I know I’m not alone. I am pessimistic that Narvaez can bounce back. I am pessimistic that we have anything close to that of San Diego, Wash, STL, Dodgers, Braves, Phillies, Miami, Mets.

Right there are 8 teams that arguably will have better records than the Brewers.

I’m pessimistic that we are a middling .500 team that will be too good to get a good draft pick and too bad to get into the playoffs. We are basically the Bucks of the 2000’s.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
A couple of years ago with Moose and Yaz, I think our salary cap was maxed for good times. I'm guessing last year was payback. Now this year, until we can show a consistent fan source of revenue we won't be spending much money.

Already talk of delaying the start of the season a month. Do they really think that 30 days is going to make a huge difference on the vaccine rollout? I hope the Players Association doesn't let them delay, because if they do, I fear we are just going to have a repeat of last year, with a farce of a tiny season that doesn't begin until mid summer.

Community Moderator
We have the worst commissioner in all of sports. I don’t think Manfred even likes baseball.

It’s weird that as a baseball fan I feel the need to actively root against MLB in the hopes that they lose enough money so the idiots in charge get booted out. They think we are dumb enough to believe that Ken Griffey Jr will be given any real power to make changes? At this point I hope they blow it all up and start a new baseball league. Maybe one that chooses to support rather than destroy baseball?

Already talk of delaying the start of the season a month. Do they really think that 30 days is going to make a huge difference on the vaccine rollout? I hope the Players Association doesn't let them delay, because if they do, I fear we are just going to have a repeat of last year, with a farce of a tiny season that doesn't begin until mid summer.

I'm with you 100%. All the other sports seem to have a plan. Baseball makes it up as it goes. Once you are willing to shorten a season even by a few games, anything is back on the table including another mini season. It wasn't like last season got extended into December. They've had months to get this right. Cases spiked and now they are dropping fast and if they can ramp up the vaccinations to 2 million a day, they'll have most of us seniors vaccinated by opening day. Just allow seniors and health care workers in the parks the first month. Lots of seniors have been imprisoned in their homes for a year and can't wait to get out. What better spot than a ballpark?

I don’t even have the ability to watch games this season unless Youtube TV or some other streaming service picks up FSWI again.

It's even more complicated than that; no one has the ability to watch Brewers games on TV at this point, as the team has yet to announce a broadcasting deal with any broadcaster, be it FSWI (which is renaming to Bally's Sports Wisconsin), a non-Sinclair owned option, or some wholly-online RSN-equivalent.

Here is my Brewer vent. We are done adding this off-season. Oh, maybe we get another Robertson type addition, but something “major” is not happening. I don’t blame Stearns/Antanasio/Brewers. I put the blame on MLB and the players. Money is the only thing that dictates what they do. Small market franchises are here so there can be 30 teams in the league to provide fodder for the big market teams. Everyone involved, players included, care little about anyone else but themselves. So if you are a Brewer/small market fan just stop whining about how your team hasn’t signed anyone. Why? Because they don’t care.

... Cases spiked and now they are dropping fast and if they can ramp up the vaccinations to 2 million a day, they'll have most of us seniors vaccinated by opening day. Just allow seniors and health care workers in the parks the first month. Lots of seniors have been imprisoned in their homes for a year and can't wait to get out. What better spot than a ballpark?

I can see it now: March/April, every day is senior day!

It's February 1st and fans are still overlooking the Robertson pickup even though he's likely an above average offense player and arguably better than most of the players they're complaining the Brewers haven't picked up yet. Sorry for the snark, just trying to keep it a "vent-y" response ;)

2018-20:

u9OXstg.png

Archived