Brewer Fanatic

2021 Brewers Optimism Thread

josh

Let's not forget we made it further than the cubs and Cardinals, always a win in my books

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, this is the most optimistic I have ever been going into an offseason. Last offseason I had a lot of uncertainty on how legit Burnes/Peralta were and both dazzled. Peralta hit a bump in the road towards the end of the season, but even if he isn't a total ace we don't need him to be.

The offense is a mess, but I think Attanasio will spend money to fix it and we don't need a bunch of .900 OPS hitters with our pitching. Just get competent dependable guys. That isn't hard to figure out in the offseason. I also think Stearns makes a big move or two via trade to shore up the offense.

Lastly, I am pretty confident about our chance to again win the division. Cubs/Pirates are no threat, Reds are 'meh', and I think people will overrate the Cardinals chances due to the hot end of the season. It won't be a slam dunk with zero competition, but I think we are easily a big favorite.

We have most of the pitching staff back and more young pitching coming up. This isn't 2011. We aren't at the end of a cycle we're in the middle of one. Now all we need is a collective bargaining agreement so we have a 2022 season. If not, well... that's one less year on Yelich's contract and both Cain and JBJ's contract will be over without costing us another dime.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Just get competent dependable guys.

I think though, when in the playoffs, when you are going against the best, it seems good pitching beats good batting. I think we need to target at least one better-than-good batter if we are going to upgrade the offense. Most of our guys are league average-ish, which means they are competent. But shut down in playoffs.

Just get competent dependable guys.

I think though, when in the playoffs, when you are going against the best, it seems good pitching beats good batting. I think we need to target at least one better-than-good batter if we are going to upgrade the offense. Most of our guys are league average-ish, which means they are competent. But shut down in playoffs.

I guess I am more-so referring to veteran's that probably don't strike out a ton. Guys you know are going to go up there and are going to give good ABs. Maybe/probably add some guys that may give a decent average. I wasn't referring to super average players.

I think the Brewers try to get a really good hitter via trade, we just aren't going to afford it via FA. The Brewers are not dumb, I think they know the chance they have in front of them the next few years. I wouldn't be shocked if we make the biggest offensive trade move of the offseason.