Brewer Fanatic

2021 Brewers Optimism Thread

josh

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need Freddy from April/May to show up tomorrow, when he seemingly carried 1-hitters into the 6th inning every start. Hopefully his velocity is back after dipping 5mph since the injury

Well the good news is Freddy’s fastball velocity hasn’t dipped 5-mph, and was actually above average in his first start back after the mid-August injury. It actually looks like this has been the most consistent year of his career in terms of maintaining velocity throughout the season.

From Brooks Baseball, here is his by month average velocity…

51575498102_a26c8ef7d4_c_d.jpg

And his by game average velocity…

51577226100_47ae0cce40_c_d.jpg

I LOVE when actual stats are used in the OPTIMISM thread to curb negativity! Bravo!

First off, that’s cool there’s game by game data. Secondly, that’s amazing because I remember him consistently around 94-96 early in the year and I’ve barely seen any balls above 91/92 since he’s come back.

I AM SO PUMPED THANKS FOR THAT DOUBLE PLAY! LETS GO BREWERS!!!!! CRUSH THEEEMMMMMM

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

For as right handed heavy as the Braves lineup was at times this season, they weren’t very good against LHPs: .239 BA / .314 OBP / .418 SLG / .732 OPS

They had the second fewest hits in baseball against LHPs, only ahead of the Cardinals.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Well, time to look ahead. Our window is open for a few more years. We should have a top notch pitching staff once again with Burnes, Woodruff, Peralta, Lauer, Houser, Ashby, Williams and Hader. We were able to acquire a star in Adames and saw growth from Urias where he can be an everyday third basemen. Let’s hope the off-season allows Yelich, Hiura and JBJ to reset and get back to the players we need them to be.

Well, time to look ahead. Our window is open for a few more years. We should have a top notch pitching staff once again with Burnes, Woodruff, Peralta, Lauer, Houser, Ashby, Williams and Hader. We were able to acquire a star in Adames and saw growth from Urias where he can be an everyday third basemen. Let’s hope the off-season allows Yelich, Hiura and JBJ to reset and get back to the players we need them to be.

Half of winning a championship is making the playoffs. Baring some extreme changes the Brewers should be overwhelming favorites to win the NL central again next season.

Can't remember a time where we go into an offseason with a full rotation set and ready to go.

Burnes, Woody, Peralta, Lauer, and Houser is a great starting 5. When your starting pitching is set you are already ahead of the game.

SS is set, 2nd is set, to me 3rd is set with Urias. Rowdy holds down 1st or DH for cheap. OF has a LOT of questions and areas for improvement and we will need to remake parts of the bullpen but starting with Hader (unless dealt), Williams, Suter, and Cousins is a hell of a start.

We already have the core of a good team and haven't even started tinkering yet... The ending sucked but the team was fun to watch and we got a lot of questions answered on who will be long term pieces. Coming into this season we had huge questions on Urias, SS, Peralta, Burnes (Was last year sustainable), C and we got solid answers on them. Clearly some other issues popped up but overall we got a LOT of positive answers on our team going forward. Not even to mention the big step forward our farm system took. The future is very bright for this organization. We will get our World Series.. I can feel it in my plums!

I think its also important to remember that Stearns made a "big time offer" for Bryan Reynolds. He knew this clubs limitations and was willing to make a big acquisition to help. If he was willing to do it at mid-season I expect him to make a push for an impact player this offseason.