Brewer Fanatic

2021 Brewers Optimism Thread

josh

Assuming Williams replaces Perdomo today, there are really no holes in the pitching staff. 13 out of 14 with a sub 4 ERA. 9 with a sub 3 ERA.

Anderson felt bad so he joined in on the action. Now 14 of 14!

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

60 wins in 102 games. A 30-30 finish gets us 90 wins. The Reds would have to go 37-23 for them to reach 90 wins. Keep winning series and keep the pressure on.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

60 wins in 102 games. A 30-30 finish gets us 90 wins. The Reds would have to go 37-23 for them to reach 90 wins. Keep winning series and keep the pressure on.

Exactly! Just 5 games over and the reds would need to go 42-18. If we continue our trend of finishing strong under CC we are in amazing shape

I've been a vocal Stearns supporter, but this season is his best work yet. On track for 100ish wins with a horrible Hiura, pedestrian Yelich, and Williams largely a non-factor. Incredible.

Including the endless line of injuries…. Deep roster. Special mention to the under appreciated ones…. Peterson, Lauer, and Boxberger.

Getting that feeling, this team moving forward has 0 weakness. Adding Escobar and Cain back in the lineup removing Hiura and JBJ makes this offense tough on pitchers. The bullpen is special and will be even better come playoff series adding Houser and 1 of Anderson or Lauer. I'm feeling 98 wins and a 1 seed!

Brewers runs in their wins since the AS break: 11, 7, 8, 7, 6, 9, 7, 12, 9

Love to see it. Especially remembering early in the season where 5 or 6 runs felt like the top end of their capabilities.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Is anybody else head over heels in love with this team and the 3 year window Stearns has created. I think we have an excellent chance to get to the WS this year as long as we finish with the second best record.

Also looking to buy a #27 Jersey. Best non CC CY Brewer trade in quite awhile.

Who’s coming with me!!!! :) GO BREW

Community Moderator
Also looking to buy a #27 Jersey. Best non CC CY Brewer trade in quite awhile.

Who’s coming with me!!!! :) GO BREW

So I’m with you, but I think I’m going to wait to buy the one with a World Series patch on it. ;)

Not just “at Night” anymore.

16 of August games are against the Pirates, Cubs, Twins and Nationals who were all major sellers. 12 against teams who were buyers or at least not sellers - the Giants (5), Cards (3), Reds (3) and Braves (1). If we take care of business against that first group and even play .500 ball against the second group we are going to be in great shape. Another really good month is there for the taking.

Heres some optimism.

Cincy by my count has an amazing 39 games vs teams that made trade deadline sell-offs.

Milwaukee has 27 games remaining vs these same teams.

San Diego has 21 games of this.

LA has 20 games left vs post deadline sell off teams.

San Fran has 19 games left vs such teams.

Cincy is 4GB of the 2nd wild card.

We play SF 7 games.

I fully believe Cincy will take 1 of the 2 wild card spots. This means 1 of the 3 NL West teams won't make the playoffs. SF leads LA by 3games and SD by 5.5games. We could tank 5 or 6 games vs SF to help them win their division. Cincy beats the other wild card team. We play for a WS without facing either LA or SD.

Community Moderator
Cincinnati is overrated. They are lucky to be above .500 with their negative run differential and are currently riding an unsustainable Votto hot streak while having lost ground on the Brewers since the all-star break. They will finish in 3rd behind St. Louis while the Brewers win the NL Central by double-digit games.

MLB win leaders:

San Fran 66

Brewers (and others) 64

Not sure this is a cause for optimism!! In theory, wouldn't it be best if the Brewers finished with the 2nd most wins in the NL? Hypothetically, let the Giants play the winner of the wild card game between LAD and SD, and the Brewers can play the Mets/Braves NL East winner.