Brewer Fanatic

2021 Brewers Optimism Thread

josh

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm feeling this guys! Winning is in the air!!!!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

With Taylor in CF and Urias at 3B, 7/8 of the Brewers' position players now have an OPS .746 or over.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Luis Urias since May 21 (date of Adames trade): 36 PA, 33 AB, .303/.361/.997, 3 HR, 7 RBI

Luis Urias since May 12 (week + prior to trade): 59 PA, 51 AB, .275/.356/.905, 4 HR, 10 RBI

On the season he has 176 PA & 150 AB, so he's been quite good for about 1/3 of the season and is trending up. Let's make that Grisham trade look even at worst!

Could be in first with a win tonight and cubs loss. 10-3 since dropping 2 games under . 500 in mid/late May. Pretty impressive turn around. The Cubs have a much harder schedule the rest of the month and the Cardinals are not playing very well. If the Brewers keep up their current level of play they could go into the Cubs series up 3 or more games.

Of our “Big 3” starting pitchers. Our worst ERA is 2.25. Love it!

This is why we just need to get into the playoffs. Those 3 with Hader and a hopefully improved Williams will be a very tough team to face. The 2018 Brewers only had one starter with under a 3.5 era and that was wade Miley who only pitched 80 innings. The 2019 team didn't have a single starter under 3.5

Community Moderator
Could be in first with a win tonight and cubs loss. 10-3 since dropping 2 games under . 500 in mid/late May. Pretty impressive turn around. The Cubs have a much harder schedule the rest of the month and the Cardinals are not playing very well. If the Brewers keep up their current level of play they could go into the Cubs series up 3 or more games.

Brewers win, Cubs lose... please welcome your first place Milwaukee Brewers.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Brewers win, Cubs lose... please welcome your first place Milwaukee Brewers.

This happened faster than I expected when we started the softer schedule. I'll just add that Fangraphs has our odds of winning the division at 55% and making the playoffs at 62%

https://www.fangraphs.com/standings/playoff-odds

I don't take these numbers too seriously, but I wish I had tracked how low they were a few weeks back. The optimism is in the rebound and the trajectory. Go Crew!

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Community Moderator
This happened faster than I expected when we started the softer schedule. I'll just add that Fangraphs has our odds of winning the division at 55% and making the playoffs at 62%

I don't take these numbers too seriously, but I wish I had tracked how low they were a few weeks back. The optimism is in the rebound and the trajectory. Go Crew!

FanGraphs has playoffs odds graphs that show the changes over the course of the season, here is the NL Central playoffs odds graph.

The lowest point for the Brewers over the past month was a 37.2 percent chance of making the playoffs on May 21.

Somewhat interestingly that was still higher than any other team in the NL Central [other than the Brewers] currently has for playoff odds.

Community Moderator

FanGraphs has playoffs odds graphs that show the changes over the course of the season, here is the NL Central playoffs odds graph.

The lowest point for the Brewers over the past month was a 37.2 percent chance of making the playoffs on May 21.

I don't take any of the playoff percentages spit out by the various impartial compooters all that seriously either.

Everybody knows the Brewers playoff odds are 99.999% & the .001% chance they don't make it is only if the playoffs are cancelled on account of like a meteor strike or whatever.

Verified Member

Since May 1:

Avisail Garcia, .292/.352/.583/.935, .398 wOBA, 153 wRC+

Willy Adames, .271/.364/.500/.864, .374 wOBA, 137 wRC+

Omar Narvaez, .259/.348/.500/.848, .367 wOBA, 133 wRC+

Community Moderator
Now we need Yelich to heat up. He's getting warm but we need him red hot.

Well here in the Optimism Thread I believe you mean it’s crystal clear that Yelich is on the verge of getting red hot.

Alone in 1st and now only a game out of the wild card.

Cubs have a brutal stretch continuing. 2 more vs the Padres, 3 vs the Cards, 4 at the Mets, 3 vs the Marlins, 2 vs Cleveland and then 4 at the Dodgers. In that stretch they also play 12 straight games. Looks like a good opportunity to build on our division lead!

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I am optimistic.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006