Brewer Fanatic

Packer 2021 Team Discussion (Rodgers Out Vs. Chiefs)

CheezWizHed

Just to keep the thread pointed in the right direction: let’s keep the discussion focused on Rodgers and his situation. Deviating into more general areas of governmental policy, mandates, COVID theory skews toward discussion that isn’t allowed here.

Many thanks in assisting in our efforts to keep this thread on the rails.

It’s not Covid-19 theory, it’s called immunology me boy. That is like stating salt is NaOH or sulfuric acid H2SO4 facts could be argued. These are called a facts, if you were referring to my comments. If not….I appologize.

No, simply steering the thread accordingly as it was veering more towards general Pandemic debate than Rodgers stuff.

But, condescendingly referring to anyone on the site in the future as “my boy” probably isn’t the best strategy for anyone who wants to continue posting here without some time off.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s kind of pathetic the NFL is going to investigate Rodgers/Packers for something like not wearing his mask at press conferences. This is something they knew every single time he did it…but now they feel the need to go after them?

Just so dumb.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
It’s kind of pathetic the NFL is going to investigate Rodgers/Packers for something like not wearing his mask at press conferences. This is something they knew every single time he did it…but now they feel the need to go after them?

Just so dumb.

It's also dumb that Rodgers knew he wasn't vaccinated, and so did the team president and the GM, and they all decided that the rules agreed upon by the NFLPA didn't apply to Rodgers because he's a huge diva baby.

Just so dumb.

It's also dumb that Rodgers knew he wasn't vaccinated, and so did the team president and the GM, and they all decided that the rules agreed upon by the NFLPA didn't apply to Rodgers because he's a huge diva baby.

I have heard it brought up/questioned whether the Packers have fined Rodgers for non-compliance, I doubt they have but it's a valid question. Also brought up is how do the Packers force him to mask up? They can't, unless you're suggesting they hold him down and forcibly put a mask on him which would be ridiculous.

I think the Packers share blame but I also think they've been positioned between a rock and a hard place, especially with all the off season drama I would easily believe they chose a path of lesser resistance.

I've also seen opinions posed why should it be a team's responsibility to fine a player for non-compliance of a league rule? The NFL fines players for other transgressions why is the league not responsible for enforcement of Covid guidelines? Take it out of the team's hands.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Also brought up is how do the Packers force him to mask up? They can't, unless you're suggesting they hold him down and forcibly put a mask on him which would be ridiculous..

They could not put him directly in front of the press, which is what they've done for all other unvaccinated players.

Also brought up is how do the Packers force him to mask up? They can't, unless you're suggesting they hold him down and forcibly put a mask on him which would be ridiculous..

They could not put him directly in front of the press, which is what they've done for all other unvaccinated players.

What if Rodgers doesn't comply and goes on his own as it seems was his preference? Are they going to physically restrain him?

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

I have heard it brought up/questioned whether the Packers have fined Rodgers for non-compliance, I doubt they have but it's a valid question. Also brought up is how do the Packers force him to mask up? They can't, unless you're suggesting they hold him down and forcibly put a mask on him which would be ridiculous.

I think the Packers share blame but I also think they've been positioned between a rock and a hard place, especially with all the off season drama I would easily believe they chose a path of lesser resistance.

I've also seen opinions posed why should it be a team's responsibility to fine a player for non-compliance of a league rule? The NFL fines players for other transgressions why is the league not responsible for enforcement of Covid guidelines? Take it out of the team's hands.

The NFL said in a statement Wednesday: "The primary responsibility for enforcement of the COVID protocols within club facilities rests with each club. Failure to properly enforce the protocols has resulted in discipline being assessed against individual clubs in the past. The league is aware of the current situation in Green Bay and will be reviewing the matter with the Packers."

https://www.nfl.com/news/packers-aaron-rodgers-could-face-fines-but-no-suspension-if-covid-violations-are

It's the team's responsibility to make sure players are compliant. If not, they don't have to hold him down and force him to wear a mask, but they could fine him (and not disclose that he's been fined) or just say he's not available for press conferences, or have him do the press conference remotely. There's a lot of ways to handle the situation other than just not follow the jointly-agreed rule that the NFL and NFLPA put in place.

What if Rodgers doesn't comply and goes on his own as it seems was his preference? Are they going to physically restrain him?

Despite appearances, Aaron Rodgers doesn't run the Packers.

Despite appearances, Aaron Rodgers doesn't run the Packers.

Not suggesting he does. Not my intention to absolve the team of responsibility, but how do they stop him?

Again, right or wrong, and I'd agree it's wrong, I think the Packers were in a hard place trying to stay in Rodgers' good graces due to what had transpired in the off-season and therefore were in a hard position where I'd understand why they didn't try harder to enforce those restrictions. Are they responsible? In my opinion yes. I'm also trying to understand each side of the issue.

With my fan emotions engaged I'm exasperated and annoyed that Rodgers chose the path he did and I don't feel the slightest bit sorry for him that it's blown up in his face. Aside from the human side of things where hopefully he makes a speedy recovery to good health.

I suppose it's possible he Ultimate Warrior's his way into his press conference in such a scenario, but seems quite unlikely, right?

Seems more reasonable to consider what would have happened if the Packers hadn't simply enabled him, but instead treated him like the others in his situation, IMO.

I hear you Peavy and can't fault your opinion, I think I've placed myself as being more sympathetic to the team's choice. It may rightfully lead to discipline by the league but I also think the league shares guilt since they have been aware of Rodgers' status the entire time and can't claim ignorance to the league's reigning MVP giving press conferences while being non-compliant.

I also think the league shares guilt since they have been aware of Rodgers' status the entire time and can't claim ignorance to the league's reigning MVP giving press conferences while being non-compliant.

Uuuuuuundoubtedly, which is why the investigation, though hypothetically reasonable and probably going to end up bad for the Packers, is a complete scapegoat situation for the league. They 100% knew about his status, and the league office probably watched him violate the rules week after week without doing anything because of who he is. Which is terrible.

Really, almost as terrible as 'reporters' like Rapoport who CLEARLY knew Rodgers' situation staying completely silent on it until the situation hit the fan....

But, to your point, plenty of blame to go around. But it's the team that probably suffers, rightly or wrongly.

I'm curious, and this is something that likely never gets disclosed, but I'm curious if the Packers and the league have had internal conversations how to deal with this situation in the weeks before Rodgers' tested positive. To me it doesn't feel far fetched that they've agreed to allow Rodgers to act the way he has and cross their fingers that he would continue testing negative. That's getting deep into conspiracy theory territory and it's completely of my own making but it wouldn't surprise me if they've had discussions.

Some quick thoughts:

-- I criticized Rodgers sitting the entire pre-season. Thought the Saints loss was primarily due to bad decision making by MLF. However, knowing NOW that Rodgers was likely to miss time because he "can't" vaccinate due to "allergy", then maybe getting Love ready was the right call.

-- Love has been wearing a mask...does that mean he isn't vaccinated as well?

--Packers can win today if they lean on Dillon/Jones and limit Kelce.

Unlike Rodgers, the reporters actually asked him about that- he said he thought it was the responsible thing to do considering his exposure to the other two QBs who were positive.

Edit: Also, 100% league protocol.

Unlike Rodgers, the reporters actually asked him about that- he said he thought it was the responsible thing to do considering his exposure to the other two QBs who were positive.

Also he has confirmed that he is, in fact, vaccinated

I also think the league shares guilt since they have been aware of Rodgers' status the entire time and can't claim ignorance to the league's reigning MVP giving press conferences while being non-compliant.

Uuuuuuundoubtedly, which is why the investigation, though hypothetically reasonable and probably going to end up bad for the Packers, is a complete scapegoat situation for the league. They 100% knew about his status, and the league office probably watched him violate the rules week after week without doing anything because of who he is. Which is terrible.

Really, almost as terrible as 'reporters' like Rapoport who CLEARLY knew Rodgers' situation staying completely silent on it until the situation hit the fan....

But, to your point, plenty of blame to go around. But it's the team that probably suffers, rightly or wrongly.

I'm going to stretch this a bit here, but it could just be that the league was/is aware and is/has been in communication with the Packers regarding the situation and was waiting for them to either do something about it (given that it's in the agreement that it's each team's responsibility to enforce) or until there was an egregious breach of the agreement (eg: the Halloween party). I do wonder after that came out if the league wasn't going to step in anyways. We won't know now, but it's just something to wonder about.

Hypothetically, if the team is quitely fining Rodgers like 100 bucks(or any random "appropriate" amount) every time he violates the mask press conference rule, does that take care if things in the eyes of the NFL? Could that be why they said nothing despite having to know he was breaking that rule, expecting the team to handle it and now this investigation is checking that there was a fine leveled?

This whole thing is stupid, mostly due to NFL incompetence, the rest is on Rodgers.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

I really hope this KC game doesn't cost us the first round bye. That's the consequence of Rodgers being selfish. Rodgers talked last year about how important it was to get the HFA and bye in the playoffs. He'll have no excuse if we don't get there this year.

I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so. Although he certainly isn't the entire reason for the loss, Love ain't it, folks. He was a project quarterback that led the nation in interceptions and had no business being a first round draft pick. Yes, Rodgers may be an insufferable diva jerk that I certainly wouldn't want to be friends with, but the fact is when Rodgers doesn't play, the Packers lose. Memo to MM and Gute: What Aaron Rodgers wants, Aaron Rodgers gets. Otherwise it's back to the Dan Devine/ Bart Starr days.

Honest question that i don't have an answer for.

Say they gave ARod everything he wanted and was able to keep him till he hangs them up how many more season does everyone thing he has?

3-4-5?

Even at 10 years he'd be better than any scrub they always seem to bring in. I get that the quarterback position is more important to the Packers than anyone else in the NFL and that you should start looking at drafting your next QB of the future at some point, but not only was drafting Love to be that guy a mistake, drafting any quarterback in 2020 was too early to be thinking that way.