Brewer Fanatic

Packer 2021 Team Discussion (Rodgers Out Vs. Chiefs)

CheezWizHed

So, if he is allergic to the mRNA portion of Pfizer and Moderna, and saw J&J getting pulled off of the "CDC" shelves, what would you propose he do? I suppose he could have just sat there and did nothing, but he did get a treatment, just not one of the American mainstream ones.

How does he know that he's allergic to something that he's never had?

Did he participate in some mRNA vaccine clinical?

That's something I wondered as well.

There are several ingredients used in the mRNA vaccines that are added to help the mRNA portion more readily gain entry into cells - various lipids along with salts and sucrose. Given the fact actual anaphalactic shock from a severe allergic reaction to these vaccines is roughly a couple instances for every 2-5 million individuals, I'd be willing to bet Rodgers saying he's allergic to something falls more in line with his likely beliefs of digestive issues/intolerance with something like sucrose because sugar can cause bloating. Stating you are allergic to some vaccine ingredients to me is probably about as misleading as saying you're immunized for COVID back in August despite not actually being vaccinated...

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

JM, those are all arguable, points. I will 100% agree that a person's biggest advocate should be themselves. Doctors, science (nobody) is perfect or infallible.

Doctors can misdiagnose. I had a thing misdiagnosed for 10+ years until I found the right doctor. Medical science is not a 100% settled field. The best doctors are the ones who tell you that. I sat in a doctor's office while she literally, right in front of me, googled (yes, googled) pictures of nerve clusters to make sure she gave me an injection in the right spot for a nerve block.

The best practicioners of ANYTHING will tell you that they don't know everything, but that they know how to find the information that they need, and if they can't, instead of pretending they know what they don't know, the seek help or guidance.

ALL THAT being said, I think the biggest issue people have with Rodgers right now, today, isn't really that he isn't vaxxed, or whatever, is that he purposely and coyly mislead people into believing something that wasn't true, and came back with saying "If someone would have followed up, I would have been honest about it".

Yes, medical stuff is private, but Rodgers is more than smart enough to know that saying "I'm immunized" without follow up (KNOWING he's not immunized) is a 100% misleading statement. It is. There's no gray area there. You can take all of gramma's secret homeopathic recipes, or Joe Rogan's advice you want, but he was not immunized. That is the crux of why people aren't happy with the dude right now, today.

He could have, should have, might have said "that's personal/private" whatever. Yep, he would have taken some immediate flack for it. That's the world we live in. It sucks. That's how it is right now. NOBODY gets to escape the yes/no or how they answer it. Everyone has to choose how they want to answer that question. And be judged for it. Aaron chose his way and now he has to deal with the fallout of it. It is what it is.

I think it is extremely hard to know what A-ARod’s individual case entails. For instance, I learned during my lengthy medical experience(s) my body somehow can not handle Indomethacin (it provokes a wild set of itchiness and, oddly, stinkiness LOL) and it can’t even handle the basic Prednisone. Which sucks. Try systemic Poison Ivy with no Prednisone capacity. It is excruciatingly hard. My point is, why does it have to be misleading if he has a panel of personal Medical people helping him make the decision?

JM, those are all arguable, points. I will 100% agree that a person's biggest advocate should be themselves. Doctors, science (nobody) is perfect or infallible.

Doctors can misdiagnose. I had a thing misdiagnosed for 10+ years until I found the right doctor. Medical science is not a 100% settled field. The best doctors are the ones who tell you that. I sat in a doctor's office while she literally, right in front of me, googled (yes, googled) pictures of nerve clusters to make sure she gave me an injection in the right spot for a nerve block.

The best practicioners of ANYTHING will tell you that they don't know everything, but that they know how to find the information that they need, and if they can't, instead of pretending they know what they don't know, the seek help or guidance.

ALL THAT being said, I think the biggest issue people have with Rodgers right now, today, isn't really that he isn't vaxxed, or whatever, is that he purposely and coyly mislead people into believing something that wasn't true, and came back with saying "If someone would have followed up, I would have been honest about it".

Yes, medical stuff is private, but Rodgers is more than smart enough to know that saying "I'm immunized" without follow up (KNOWING he's not immunized) is a 100% misleading statement. It is. There's no gray area there. You can take all of gramma's secret homeopathic recipes, or Joe Rogan's advice you want, but he was not immunized. That is the crux of why people aren't happy with the dude right now, today.

He could have, should have, might have said "that's personal/private" whatever. Yep, he would have taken some immediate flack for it. That's the world we live in. It sucks. That's how it is right now. NOBODY gets to escape the yes/no or how they answer it. Everyone has to choose how they want to answer that question. And be judged for it. Aaron chose his way and now he has to deal with the fallout of it. It is what it is.

Very fair. And very eloquent response. I appreciate this effort immensely. Tip of the cap. Cheers of the glass. Much respect.

Oh man, pulling up the photos?!? Good grief. LOL. I have STORIES, my friend. Some truly hard to believe but very true. Maybe some time I’ll tell you of the experience getting a guinea pig ‘radiograph’ by a Quechuan Medicine woman that 100% confirmed what the X-Ray back in the states showed. It left me stupefied for months. LOL.

Anyone else worried about going sterile now?

I’m worried J’Love’s performance might make me go limp (can I say that?) But, sterile? Nah. But, also, I’m at the age where I’ve had my kiddos and if that be the case? Oh well. Sigh.

(3) Body autonomy

The issue continues to be two things, though Aaron is VERY MUCH trying to make the discussion about something else for obvious reasons:

1)He lied, or consciously tried to mislead, at best, and

2)Regardless of how you feel about body autonomy, he plays for an employer that put rules in place for how to act, as they do in a number of ways for many different circumstances. In this case, the issue is that ​he made his choice, which WAS allowed by said employer, then literally admitted yesterday that he didn't follow the rules by choice, and was fully aware of that fact.

Obviously, he chose to put a lot of other questionable stuff out there from a medical/persecution complex-type perspective yesterday, but the heart of the matter really lies in these two items, IMO.

In retrospect, I really do wonder how much of the offseason 'I might retire' stuff was ACTUALLY related to this. Now that Schefter has somewhat quietly walked back a lot of his initial reporting on the Rodgers/Packers issue, is it possible he was really posturing to get that out there in case the NFL's protocols required vaccination and he'd thus choose to walk away? Doesn't seem too far-fetched to me.....

Can we at least agree Rodgers had an awesome t shirt for the interview?

The irony of wearing a shirt celebrating someone that died at age 36 of a contagious respiratory illness while rattling off questionable opinions regarding a contagious respiratory illness IS pretty awesome.

I like the shirt....still hate that Rodgers is trying to retroactively justify his comments about this issue from a few months ago instead of owning that deceptive approach and apologizing for it, though...

As an aside, whether some COVID-vaxxed people will admit it or not (myself included), I think part of the public shaming against people who are steadfast in their decision not to get vaccinated with at least the initial rendition of these vaccines comes from angst/fear of what longterm effects (even minor/trivial) may be an issue for COVID-vaccinated people and that some may wind up feeling like they made the wrong choice themselves - particularly now that it's pretty apparent these vaccines don't prevent viral transmission longterm, and people who have been vaxxed have to now weigh when/if they need to get booster shots when the push to try and administer them from health officials seems to be tied more to COVID's ~6 month seasonal peaks and valleys across various geographies than a more scientific approach of pushing widespread antibody testing for people to actually determine whether they should get another shot ASAP or wait awhile longer. It took multiple rollouts and several versions of the polio vaccine for it to be widely accepted by the general public over a much longer time period than the current ~8 months these vaccines have been widely available to most people, so this process isn't unique to COVID. In part due to that angst, it seems like whenever someone in the public arena opts to go against the grain of the established narrative, they are faced with undue scrutiny and villified for their personal choices by some people for the wrong reasons. I disagree with a good chunk of Rodgers' reasoning in that podcast yesterday - but I didn't hear anywhere where he was bashing people who did opt to get vaccinated.

So, if he is allergic to the mRNA portion of Pfizer and Moderna, and saw J&J getting pulled off of the "CDC" shelves, what would you propose he do? I suppose he could have just sat there and did nothing, but he did get a treatment, just not one of the American mainstream ones.

Yeah and he believes taking a animal de-wormer will prevent a viral respiratory infection. That tells you all he knows about immunology.

He should just keep his mouth shut about science he has absolutely no knowledge about. That would be like me lecturing Jeff Bezos how to create enormous wealth.

Yeah and he believes taking a animal de-wormer will prevent a viral respiratory infection. That tells you all he knows about immunology.

He should just keep his mouth shut about science he has absolutely no knowledge about. That would be like me lecturing Jeff Bezos how to create enormous wealth.

Ivermectin is used in De-worming applications - primarily in equines. AND, you know what else you find in animal wellness sections: Aspirin. True. Actually, animal aspirin is not only pure salicylic acid but it is additive and filler free as well. Both of these medicines are used for a wealth of different applications. There is a reason why Ivermectin has been a celebrated drug (as aspirin) for quite some time and there are reasons both are readily available. This is an important distinction.

Ivermectin is used in De-worming applications - primarily in equines. AND, you know what else you find in animal wellness sections: Aspirin. True. Actually, animal aspirin is not only pure salicylic acid but it is additive and filler free as well. Both of these medicines are used for a wealth of different applications. There is a reason why Ivermectin has been a celebrated drug (as aspirin) for quite some time and there are reasons both are readily available. This is an important distinction.

Exactly, aspirin is a drug given to individuals with infections to reduce pyrexia, arthalgia and other symptoms. It doesn’t mitigate a viral infection, it minimizes these symptoms to make you feel better. That is what SPECIFIC antibodies to a pathogenic epitope can do and not drugs that non-specifically enhance your immune system as what Rogers also referred to in his interview. Specificity is the key element in your immune system. It is all about specific antibodies your body makes in response to the viral epitope.

Edited by sixtolezcano16

The bottom is falling out of the "Ivermectin is a miracle cure for COVID" myth: https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/962222?uac=66555DT&faf=1&sso=true&impID=3774109&src=WNL_trdalrt_pos1_211106

Perhaps people shouldn't be taking medical advice from a misogynist reality TV host with podcast?

Edited by Ron Robinson's Beard

Rodgers made a lot of good points related to making his own decision and unscientific protocols and such in the interview. Nor do I take issue with reaching out to a friend who had COVID and who recovered to the point of testing negative in like two days.

The fault to me is this whole "50 pages of research", "inoculation" method that when McAfee asked him to elaborate on any specifics as to what it involved he refused. Unless he actually wants to elaborate, I can only assume it's a combination of the meditation he said he did in the offseason and something like Wim Hof breathing exercises and cold therapy. While one could easily get 50 pages of research claiming efficacy in fighting infections from that, he would also have to be a hell of a narcissist to consider it the equivalent of a vaccine, make the claim to the NFL, and spend many hours and dollars preparing an appeal insisting on it rather than just owning the decision and consequences he (correctly) stated he was free to make.

To the above comment. It seems like a small sample sized study. Retracting it doesn't mean bottom is falling out. If anything it brings in to question the validity of studies, likely paid for to do and just how much was used for that study. This reads like someone who gamed the system possibly for personal gain.

As to Rogan. He went through covid. I might guess Rodgers used some advice to the experience Rogan went through. Not a full on medical advice as these pages read as if happened. Maybe part of that conversation was would he get vaccinated now after going through it? You can continue the conversation in your head with that train of thought.

Just to keep the thread pointed in the right direction: let’s keep the discussion focused on Rodgers and his situation. Deviating into more general areas of governmental policy, mandates, COVID theory skews toward discussion that isn’t allowed here.

Many thanks in assisting in our efforts to keep this thread on the rails.

Let’s get back to something we can all agree on: Kevin King is awful. :)

Prior to this season, he played in 41 out of 64 games (64%). To the surprise of no one outside of Packers brass, he’s only played in only 3 games this year. Had he returned on a 1-year / $1 million prove it deal, I don’t think many fans would have objected (low risk, high reward), but instead, he’s making $6 million to ride the pine and nurse a shoulder injury’s (the same injury he came into the league with).

I don’t know if OBJ will make it to the Packers in the waiver claim order, but there’s your cap space right there.

Let’s get back to something we can all agree on: Kevin King is awful. :)

Prior to this season, he played in 41 out of 64 games (64%). To the surprise of no one outside of Packers brass, he’s only played in only 3 games this year. Had he returned on a 1-year / $1 million prove it deal, I don’t think many fans would have objected (low risk, high reward), but instead, he’s making $6 million to ride the pine and nurse a shoulder injury’s (the same injury he came into the league with).

I don’t know if OBJ will make it to the Packers in the waiver claim order, but there’s your cap space right there.

Does anyone ever really feel like King is missed at all when he's out? Always feels like his replacement is at worst a lateral move and at best an upgrade.

Just to keep the thread pointed in the right direction: let’s keep the discussion focused on Rodgers and his situation. Deviating into more general areas of governmental policy, mandates, COVID theory skews toward discussion that isn’t allowed here.

Many thanks in assisting in our efforts to keep this thread on the rails.

It’s not Covid-19 theory, it’s called immunology me boy. That is like stating salt is NaOH or sulfuric acid H2SO4 facts could be argued. These are called a facts, if you were referring to my comments. If not….I appologize.

Not sure how much of a difference it makes if any, but apparently only 2 million of King's contract counts on the 2021 salary cap...

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2021/3/25/22350426/kevin-kings-contract-packers-structure-void-years-2-million-cap-space-2021-2022

I think I actually feel worse after learning that. They’ll still be paying King next year during their cap crunch.

Jordan Love is apparently vaccinated, otherwise he would have been designated a close contact of Rodgers’ according to this article:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/jordan-love-wasn-t-vaccinated-001622316.html

As best I can tell, Blake Bortles is probably going to net $15K after taxes for this game. Not a bad stipend for the ‘on call’ QB.