Brewer Fanatic

Packer 2021 Team Discussion (Rodgers Out Vs. Chiefs)

CheezWizHed

My problem remains with how he chose to sidestep this issue with a cryptic and intentionally misleading answer to that August presser question knowing it was the best way to avoid public scrutiny - and then all parties involved willfully abetting the perception he was vaccinated until they couldn't hide behind what a positive test meant for an unvaxxed player compared to a vaxxed one in terms of league protocols and how soon the reigning league MVP would be eligible to get back on a football field.

Allow me to ask why it bothers you? The August statement worked perfectly; it stopped people from asking the types of questions that were directed at people like Kirk Cousins and Cole Beasley, while likewise avoiding any Kyrie Irving-like cancellation, personal or professional. The league and the team all knew his status.

It worked perfectly? Quite the contrary, I would say it made the situation about as bad as it possibly could have been. Beasley and Cousins at least just owned their position and moved on. No one cares about Cole Beasley's vaccination status anymore, and no one probably even remembers Cousins'.

It only stopped working because he came down with COVID.

Which was essentially an inevitable event particularly for an unvaccinated individual with a large amount of close contacts.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing that bothers me is him not following rules he didn't like. Keeping his status personal, sure. Coming out and saying I'm not following NFL protocol and rules because I don't think masking is based in science is unacceptable. I don't care who you are, rules are rules whether you like them or not. And then when you consider that the Packers and the NFL let him get away with avoiding the protocols is also unacceptable. I'm curious how this unfolds because the NFL needs to provide some form of discipline, but they also need discipline put on themselves.

The NFL has known his status this entire time. They could have disciplined him all this time. Doing something now would make no sense and be pretty pathetic on their part.

Here is the thing, Rodgers can do what he wants. He says he couldn’t take two of the vaccines and the other had questionable side effects that seemed way worse than what he would experience just getting COVID. He also doesn’t and didn’t have to divulge his decisions back in August. I guess COVID suddenly makes it okay to force people to list out their personal health information and decisions? He told the people that needed to know, which the media/you/I are not in said group of people that need to know.

Here is the thing, Rodgers can do what he wants. He says he couldn’t take two of the vaccines and the other had questionable side effects that seemed way worse than what he would experience just getting COVID. He also doesn’t and didn’t have to divulge his decisions back in August. I guess COVID suddenly makes it okay to force people to list out their personal health information and decisions? He told the people that needed to know, which the media/you/I are not in said group of people that need to know.

People in the public eye such as Aaron Rodgers are held to a different standard than us normal noobs. But he's also paid $30 million a year as a result. Fair or not, he's been in the NFL long enough that he knows that this sort of reaction comes with the territory.

The thing that bothers me is him not following rules he didn't like. Keeping his status personal, sure. Coming out and saying I'm not following NFL protocol and rules because I don't think masking is based in science is unacceptable. I don't care who you are, rules are rules whether you like them or not. And then when you consider that the Packers and the NFL let him get away with avoiding the protocols is also unacceptable. I'm curious how this unfolds because the NFL needs to provide some form of discipline, but they also need discipline put on themselves.

The NFL has known his status this entire time. They could have disciplined him all this time. Doing something now would make no sense and be pretty pathetic on their part.

Not fining him would look far worse. They have fined other players for violating the mask requirement for unvaccinated players. Letting the reigning MVP go unchecked and get special treatment is a terrible look that far exceeds their initial inaction. Add in the lack of remorse at any level (breaking rules...not for deciding to not disclosing his status), it all adds up to more than a simple fine. I would bet he gets a bigger fine than the normal $14,650, the Packers get a big fine and lose a 6th round pick similar to New Orleans last year.

“I'm a beast, I am, and a Badger what's more. We don't change. We hold on."  C.S. Lewis

People can think what they want...but imagine believing Joe Rogan over ANY person in the medical field.

I actually might. It's not in a doctor's best interest to cure you. It's in their best interests to make money. A patient cured is a patient lost.

Yeah… no. Taking medical advice from Joe Rogan over a doctor is a poor choice.

So, if he is allergic to the mRNA portion of Pfizer and Moderna, and saw J&J getting pulled off of the "CDC" shelves, what would you propose he do? I suppose he could have just sat there and did nothing, but he did get a treatment, just not one of the American mainstream ones.

How does he know that he's allergic to something that he's never had?

Did he participate in some mRNA vaccine clinical?

Not fining him would look far worse. They have fined other players for violating the mask requirement for unvaccinated players. Letting the reigning MVP go unchecked and get special treatment is a terrible look that far exceeds their initial inaction. Add in the lack of remorse at any level (breaking rules...not for deciding to not disclosing his status), it all adds up to more than a simple fine. I would bet he gets a bigger fine than the normal $14,650, the Packers get a big fine and lose a 6th round pick similar to New Orleans last year.

Then why didn’t the NFL fine him weeks ago for breaking protocol? Did they take draft picks away from the other teams who’s players broke mask protocol this year?

The NFL knew he wasn’t vaccinated the whole time and hasn’t done anything… I guess it wouldn’t surprise me if they did something but it would be pretty hypocritical now when they looked the other way for weeks. Going forward would be a different case.

Then why didn’t the NFL fine him weeks ago for breaking protocol? Did they take draft picks away from the other teams who’s players broke mask protocol this year?

The NFL knew he wasn’t vaccinated the whole time and hasn’t done anything… I guess it wouldn’t surprise me if they did something but it would be pretty hypocritical now when they looked the other way for weeks. Going forward would be a different case.

No one knows why they didn't fine him and it is hypocritical, but that won't stop them from doing it. Looking into the NFL policy, it appears they put the enforcement on the teams for daily compliance. It's pretty weak, but they can always shift the blame to the team for lack of compliance. No team has lost a pick this year (that I'm aware of) because I don't think there are any teams with mass violations since most of the league is vaccinated. New Orleans and Las Vegas last year had multiple violations throughout the year hence the loss of a pick and a big fine. I don't see a way GB gets away without something coming down for the team and Rodgers individually. I doubt they lose a pick though, but nothing will shock me at this point.

“I'm a beast, I am, and a Badger what's more. We don't change. We hold on."  C.S. Lewis

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
People can think what they want...but imagine believing Joe Rogan over ANY person in the medical field.

I actually might. It's not in a doctor's best interest to cure you. It's in their best interests to make money. A patient cured is a patient lost.

The Hippocratic oath says hi.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

So, if he is allergic to the mRNA portion of Pfizer and Moderna, and saw J&J getting pulled off of the "CDC" shelves, what would you propose he do? I suppose he could have just sat there and did nothing, but he did get a treatment, just not one of the American mainstream ones.

To be fair. He said hes allergic to something in the vaccine. I believe you cannot be allergic to mRNA since it's in your cells. So he may know hes allergic to something else within the vaccine.

Edit: not a professional, just from what I've read/been told by friends that are in the medical field.

Please dont. Hes an idiot with regards to this.

That's something I wondered as well.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

He stated he and his professionals had a 500 page novel of facts. He then consulted with Rogan after the fact. The whole thing has been taken out of context.

Oh, they took an oath. Why didn't you say so?

He stated he and his professionals had a 500 page novel of facts. He then consulted with Rogan after the fact. The whole thing has been taken out of context.

I would like to know who this team of professionals was.

Oh, they took an oath. Why didn't you say so?

Joe Rogan is interested in making money with contrarian hot takes. Also, the Packers employ a team doctor, the NFL has probably dozens of them on call that he can choose to consult with for free.

Please dont. Hes an idiot with regards to this.

He can't be that much of an idiot seeing as how he had Dr. Gupta's head spinning when he had him on his podcast.

If I read a 500 page book on offensive strategy, I would not know more than Matt LaFleur.

He can't be that much of an idiot seeing as how he had Dr. Gupta's head spinning when he had him on his podcast.

Joe Rogan:

"If you've only seen clips online you would think that @drsanjaygupta and I had a tense and uncomfortable encounter when we sat down for 3 hours," he wrote on his Instagram account. "The reality is that disagreement was a very small part of what was overall a very enjoyable conversation."

I don't think Joe Rogan is an idiot, but I don't think he's a person anyone should be taking medical advice from.

I also think Joe Rogan is one of those guys that seems more intelligent the more things he says that you agree with on a philosophical and personal level.

Here is the thing, Rodgers can do what he wants. He says he couldn’t take two of the vaccines and the other had questionable side effects that seemed way worse than what he would experience just getting COVID. He also doesn’t and didn’t have to divulge his decisions back in August. I guess COVID suddenly makes it okay to force people to list out their personal health information and decisions?

Well....yes. Such is life with COVID. Want to eat at this restaurant? Disclose vaccination status. Want to fly on this airline or work for this company? Disclose vaccination status. Working for the NFL is no different, the vaccinated have completely different health and safety protocols than the unvaccinated.

In an ideal world it would be wonderful if every aspect of our health information could be completely confidential; in the real world that is simply not realistic if one expects to participate in activities that could pose a risk to the health and safety of others.

He can state whatever he wants about the 500 page novel of “facts” from him and his team of “professionals” but if it contains the crap he’s been spewing lately, it is worthless misinformation and half-truths.

I was also addressing you and your claim that you might listen to Rogan over a doctor and that doctors would prefer to make profits over trying to stop a worldwide pandemic… the lack of trust in doctors/science that we are seeing now is astonishing to me.

[sarcasm]Not sure. HIPAA be damned...[/sarcasm]

Regardless of what a person feels about some of the opinions and nuance of the McAfee discussion (which he clearly had prepared for with notes he was consulting) I still feel like the overarching points A Rod made were legitimate and should be highlighted:

(1) Healthy lifestyles above everything

(2) A conversation not a critique

(3) Body autonomy

So that is my offering based on A-Rod’s discourse. And my experience and opinions below IF you so care to read it.

What I see since his discussion is repeated refutations, casting aspersions, etc. Naturally, he shares some of the blame as he did not reveal the allergen. And he did not avail the resources he used. (Tho, I rarely, if ever see independent data offered otherwise in casual conversations) Which, perhaps, plays into the privacy element - rightfully so, perhaps. I don’t claim to know any of the right approaches here. One would think if he has been consulting over 500 or so points of data it would help move the conversation forward if those were openly availed and linked in the discussion. But, like I said, I don’t know.

As a person with a post-Salmonella suite of GIT issues - having personally seen and experienced the mainstream Medical establishment misdiagnose/misread/ and fumble over themselves for near 20 years due to the mysterious nature of post-bacterial illness and complications (many times simply outright denying my experience because they had no answers) - I would always trust my own research and consultations above and beyond. I wouldn’t call Joe Rogan, mind you (lol) tho I am sure with his wealth he has access to an abundance of dynamic medical opinions in various fields. My personal frustrations drove me to become a certified Functional Medicine student, Nutritionist and Practicioner. If you have never heard of or experienced Functional Medicine practice, I highly recommend it. My experience is it is the most all-inclusive form of Western medicine. I digress.

I did this all over 12 years - for myself first and foremost and then others. I no longer even Practice, however, as I experienced the rigamarole of insurance and Private Practice and liabilities, quite frankly, a waste of my resources and time. It was simply too much for me.

And, as a general personal opinion: I find it utterly stunning people place so much faith in the Big Pharma Industrial complex. I truly do. They are the medical version of Communications companies like Comcast - zero culpability. These are the same companies that literally fabricated and profited off the synthetic heroine - ergo Opioids - epidemic over decades. The history of this is publicly available and it dates back 100 years. And, that is just one in a slew of dark historical periods.

But, hey, that is just me. And, I completely respect and tolerate and support an individual’s right to seek the Medical care they find appropriate to their situation and their body. And, I find it unfortunate we find ourselves living in an ‘All or nothing’ time. I wish we could go back to late 2019 and hit the pause button and redirect…because I find the climate of our times quite divisive and unenjoyable at large.