Brewer Fanatic

Packer 2021 Team Discussion (Rodgers Out Vs. Chiefs)

CheezWizHed

I’m looking forward to watching Jordan Love. Unlike the poverty franchises who refuse to redshirt their first round QBs, Love has a year and a half of seasoning under his belt. He might flop, but he also might excel.

It wouldn't be that surprising. This team is pretty good and it would be nice to have #69 back this week. A good team that's spent a year and a half developing a first round QB should see it pay off when he's called into action.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don Majikowski is the obvious one. I'd guess Mike Tomzcak and Anthony Dilweg for the other two ?

Maji and Tomzcak are 2/3.

Dilweg isn’t a bad guess, but he was 2 years prior to Favre. The third guy started a single game in both 1990 and 1991, but managed over 130 passing attempts in his three years.

I thought maybe someone would get it because he spent three years as a Packer and started games in different years…but it is a pretty random guy in the grand scheme.

The guy is: Blair Kiel.

On another note I would be shocked to see Jordan Love ball out even if it meant nothing toward long term success….like Matt Flynn did that one year for us. Love has some NFL seasoning and the opposition on defense is pretty bad. Add in a great supporting cast, he should at least be competent.

Don Majikowski is the obvious one. I'd guess Mike Tomzcak and Anthony Dilweg for the other two ?

Dilweg isn’t a bad guess, but he was 2 years prior to Favre. The third guy started a single game in both 1990 and 1991, but managed over 130 passing attempts in his three years.

I thought maybe someone would get it because he spent three years as a Packer and started games in different years…but it is a pretty random guy in the grand scheme.

First answer to your question had Blair Kiel: LINK

The Sorcerer!

First answer to your question had Blair Kiel: LINK

Maybe Plush has me blocked? Who knows?

I distinctly remember being so excited for the Majkowski era during that electric 1989 season. Then he kept getting hurt. Once he hurt his shoulder and had to had rotator cuff surgery, he was more or less done. He didn't have zip on his throws anymore.

His backups were more-or-less terrible, too. Tomczak could at least dink and dunk his way down the field, and he was smart, but guys like Dilweg and Kiel were pretty bad all around.

Maybe Plush has me blocked? Who knows?

I distinctly remember being so excited for the Majkowski era during that electric 1989 season. Then he kept getting hurt. Once he hurt his shoulder and had to had rotator cuff surgery, he was more or less done. He didn't have zip on his throws anymore.

His backups were more-or-less terrible, too. Tomczak could at least dink and dunk his way down the field, and he was smart, but guys like Dilweg and Kiel were pretty bad all around.

Haha, no, I don't have you blocked. I don't think I have blocked anyone actually.

I must have missed you answer as I was away from the thread for awhile and obviously it was growly steadily due to Rodgers current situation.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Rodgers is about to go on the Pat McAfee show
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

well that was....something
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Whenever I have a medical issue, the first person I reach out to for advice is Joe Rogan.

I’m waiting for the main stream media to put out a summary and pass it off as their own reporting. I gather it’s a real whopper.

The whole thing is out on You Tube

Not able to listen to all of it....but from what I've been able to listen to it sure sounds to me like he should've used a solid 10 minutes of his August presser to cover his COVID position publicly instead of using the entire time to play GM in front of the microphone - or he could've simply stated "it's none of your business" and dealt with the same gross public backlash other unvaxxed players and people now deal with on a daily basis. Had he done that I personally would have much more respect for where he's coming from right now. Instead, back in August when asked about as directly as the media could ask him, Rodgers chose to be clever and confusing about it and the NFL/Packers let him.

If he was as certain and convicted in his COVID stance and choices he's made after apparently talking with his medical team then as he is now, there would've been no point to button up and not lay out everything publicly back in August - just like he did with all the commentary during that presser about GM personnel decisions and lack of his input.

The Joe Rogan stuff probably has more to do with podcast advertising than anything....that name drop was in reference to following the same treatments Rogan did after he got COVID and he's apparently feeling pretty good. It's not like Rodgers' reason for opting not to get a vaccine was because Joe Rogan told him not to - he stated he was allergic to an ingredient found in both mRNA vaccines and he had hesitancy with getting the J&J because it was pulled for part of the spring when he apparently was deciding what to do. Take that for what it's worth, which at this point isn't much in my book.

It actually takes me back to Braun's spring training presser after his 1st PED suspension was overturned, which in hindsight was full of crap and came off as venting from a proud and confident personality lashing out after his rep got sullied due to his own decisions/actions.

Just so everyone is aware, the entire interview appears to be well over half an hour. So before you judge everything by the headliner quotes (really not even half quotes of full sentences) to get clicks and get people riled up you may want to actually watch the interview.

Rodgers: "I realize I'm in the crosshairs of the woke mob right now"

That is not going to go over well. For a smart guy that was a pretty dumb thing to say.

is he really that smart?

is he?

I actually came here to ask the same thing, maybe we shouldn't trust sportswriters to tell us how smart someone is.

Rodgers: "I realize I'm in the crosshairs of the woke mob right now"

The hilarious thing about that is that in the past, Rodgers has been a card-carrying member of said mob.

Do you have an example? I think he’s always had a more liberal vibe, but has never come across as preachy to me.