Brewer Fanatic

Packer 2021 Team Discussion (Rodgers Out Vs. Chiefs)

CheezWizHed

Personally, I don't care if he was tap-dancing/confusing/lying to the reporters and/or general public. It isn't the reporters (or our) right to know.

The Packers knew and he was following protocols on the team (so I'm reading anyway).

I'll be curious to hear the protocols clarification because I don't think non vaccinated players are allowed without a mask to do the in-person press conferences. Other players (like Lazard) have done them via Zoom.

I think they are if "social distance" is observed. But there are a few other rules Rodgers definitely violated.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I think they are if "social distance" is observed. But there are a few other rules Rodgers definitely violated.

I guess my main point was that the Packers knew and he wasn't lying to them nor the NFL. I didn't mean he had 100% adherence to the rules.

I suppose it's possible that Rodgers got the Astra Zeneca COVID vaccine last summer. He did spend a huge portion of last year with his fiancee in Canada, where that particular vaccine is approved. It is not approved in the U.S., however, which may be the issue.

I don't think this is likely, but if this IS the case, it would be exonerating for him.

I suppose it's possible that Rodgers got the Astra Zeneca COVID vaccine last summer. He did spend a huge portion of last year with his fiancee in Canada, where that particular vaccine is approved. It is not approved in the U.S., however, which may be the issue.

I don't think this is likely, but if this IS the case, it would be exonerating for him.

While possible, I don't think that would qualify(in my dictionary) as an alternative treatment. When someone says that, what comes to mind is new agey type stuff. If this were the case I think the terminology that would have been used is alternative vaccine, which could have been clarified in the imminent followup question.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

(which apparently didn't actually work)

I don't wanna take this you know where, and for the record, I'm vaccinated. But just testing positive isn't really the mark of an effective preventive measure, otherwise the vaccine isn't very effective (which it is, just in the same way most vaccines are, and not in the way the media ran with early on).

Won't disagree with anything you said, but just to note: my post was referring to his intended meaning by using 'immunized' vs. vaccinated, as immunized is OED defined as "Made immune to infection." Which, apparently, was wrong. No commentary regarding the effectiveness/ineffectiveness of any other methods of doing so intended.

Possible, sure....but if that was actually the case it's still dumb on his part because that vaccine wasn't one of the 3 options the NFL was good with and he knowingly opted to take something different.

I'll just be done with guessing/interpreting any of this until MLF has to deal with questions the next few days and at some point, Rodgers has to get back in front of a microphone....alot of people contributed to making this a much bigger mess publicly than it needed to be, and they need to wear that part of it.

alot of people contributed to making this a much bigger mess publicly than it needed to be, and they need to wear that part of it.

Couldn't agree with this more. I guess to their benefit, they've basically had a week since the Adams news to deal with the possibility that this might happen to come up with a plan for handling it....

For me, I want to see: what the protocols are/aren't, did he break them, and if he did is this a widespread thing around the league? I don't think social distancing at a press conference while maskless is within protocols but we shall see.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I've long said that Rodgers is the better QB, but Favre was the better teammate.

But in defense of Rodgers... if I had to go in front of a group of reporters week-in and week-out to constantly answer questions that you don't want to answer or are private, I'm not sure how I'd handle it, either. It is his right to treat himself how he sees fit, but there is a heavy bullying mentality if you happen to disagree with being vaccinated (yes, I'm vaccinated).

The irony here might be how similar Rodgers and Braun's media relations go... [sarcasm]Maybe its a California thing.[/sarcasm]

True. Case in point, people who discuss it usually need to add the disclaimer that they themself are vaccinated, lest they be vilified for suspicion being non vaccinated. You did so, OSS did so in the post right after the one that I quoted. I mean, I get it, nobody wants to be labeled. But to me it's just absolutely insane how people are so at one another's throats over it.

Also - keeping my fingers crossed that Love slips through this healthy...otherwise is there the chance this game at KC winds up getting moved due to a lack of available quarterbacks to play?

I can't recall the specific language in the NFL COVID policy for this year, but I think there's also something about a team forfeiting a game that can't be played/readily rescheduled if its COVID outbreak is due to unvaccinated players/personnel or the team not following league protocols, right?

A lot of people have lost loved ones to Covid so naturally, the vaccine thing is a touchy subject for many people.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

https://www.nfl.com/news/packers-qb-aaron-rodgers-tests-positive-for-covid-19-will-not-play-in-week-9-ver

Rodgers received homeopathic treatment from his personal doctor to raise his antibody levels and asked the NFL to review his status. The league pointed Rodgers to the NFL-NFLPA protocols, which do not account for such an exemption for players. So, Rodgers remained subject to a variety of restrictions, including daily testing, mask-wearing and high-risk close contact protocol that would force him to isolate for five days based on interaction with a positive individual, even if he tested negative.

If his antibody levels are high enough, Rodgers could be considered fully vaccinated with just one shot. The NFL-NFLPA regular-season COVID protocols allow for an individual to become fully vaccinated via "a quantitative antibody test (taken at the Club facility and administered by BioReference Laboratory personnel after Aug. 26, 2021 and before the individual has received any dose of a COVID vaccine) demonstrating COVID total antibody levels (IgG, IgA, IgM) to the spike protein of 100 U/mL or greater, and a positive antibody test to the COVID IgG nucleocapsid protein, and 14 days have passed since the individual received one dose of any COVID vaccine (Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer or Moderna)."

Sources, however, told NFL Media that Rodgers has not received one of the COVID-19 vaccines.

So he HAS apparently gone the "snake oil" route.

For someone so apparently concerned for his privacy, he certainly has a knack for generating an awful lot of attention, content, and hate clicks for the NFL and sports media generally. Not all of that is his doing, of course, but it seems silly to think he doesn’t enjoy it on some level. But today, it is definitely one heck of a double-edged sword.

That said, he is a real person with a very real (and potentially serious) illness. I’m trying to keep that at the forefront of my mind as I think about this. Obviously then, my hopes are ranked in this order of sequence and importance:

1) Speedy recovery for Rodgers with no complications

2) Continued health of everyone around him

3) Love plays and kills it on Sunday

4) Rodgers returns and leads team to Super Bowl title

5) Team flips Rodgers for fair haul (not sure even a 1st round value will be had, but we’ll see who is desperate this off-season, hopefully)

It is time to quit the ride. The games being played by both sides now are becoming stupid, and the prizes being won are quickly catching up.

but it seems silly to think he doesn’t enjoy it on some level.

He does. He always has. Time for my opinion and one I've always had about #12: He is very bad at the humble guy schtick that he likes to portray. He enjoys himself thoroughly and always has. I think he is other-worldly arrogant. But it's a part of what has made him very good.

The immunized / non-vaccinated storyline aside, this really isn’t a bad situation for the Packers. Obviously not ideal for playoff seeding, but the opportunity to evaluate Love in two real games before the offseason decision time comes is going to be huge.

His performance against KC will be revealing, but also the way he carries himself next week, goes about his preparation while considered the starter, and the way he gets his teammates to rally around him is going to provide a lot of direction to the front office about which path to head down this offseason.

Waiting for the report of Rodgers digging through the trash the get Adam's left over food and intentionally get COVID to help catapult his way out of Green Bay.

Honestly I just don't care enough about whether he is vaccinated or followed protocols. So many people are getting it despite the vaccine it really just isn't worth grilling a guy over testing positive. Plenty of guys, I am sure are not following the protocols. Hopefully he misses the one game and along with life we can go.

Waiting for the report of Rodgers digging through the trash the get Adam's left over food and intentionally get COVID to help catapult his way out of Green Bay.

Honestly I just don't care enough about whether he is vaccinated or followed protocols. So many people are getting it despite the vaccine it really just isn't worth grilling a guy over testing positive. Plenty of guys, I am sure are not following the protocols. Hopefully he misses the one game and along with life we can go.

Exactly no one is grilling him over testing positive. Most everyone with a level head realizes that this Delta variant sucks, and is highly contagious to even those who are vaxxed. The vax does, however, seem to be keeping symptoms mild to almost non-existent, which was the goal to begin with.

The crux of this situation is that he seemingly alluded to being fully vaxxed, when he apparently was not.

Exactly no one is grilling him over testing positive. Most everyone with a level head realizes that this Delta variant sucks, and is highly contagious to even those who are vaxxed. The vax does, however, seem to be keeping symptoms mild to almost non-existent, which was the goal to begin with.

The crux of this situation is that he seemingly alluded to being fully vaxxed, when he apparently was not.

This will be notable thing to watch as this plays out. My understanding is he could BARELY come back to play the week after the Chiefs...but he can't really afford COVID to linger around. That is where not getting vaxxed could potentially bite us in the butt.

This will be notable thing to watch as this plays out. My understanding is he could BARELY come back to play the week after the Chiefs...but he can't really afford COVID to linger around. That is where not getting vaxxed could potentially bite us in the butt.

Exactly. Per league rules, he can't even enter the building until Saturday morning, the day before the Seattle game, and that is provided he is asymptomatic by then. Granted a guy like Aaron Rodgers likely doesn't need a lot of practice time to be ready, and I'm sure he has everything he needs to work out at home, but it's still a crappy situation to put the team in.