Brewer Fanatic

Packer 2021 Team Discussion (Rodgers Out Vs. Chiefs)

CheezWizHed

Knowing what we know about Rodgers (travel habits, social circle, political leanings, etc) it is hard for me to imagine he’s not vaccinated. Then I remember he’s always just been an out there dude (aliens, transcendental meditation, etc) and who knows anymore.

Honestly that’s not even the point for me. I don’t care about the issue from a political perspective, and I’m hoping he wasn’t lying or misleading people this whole time (same for the team, to be clear). But my thing is, once you start hurting the team, it’s time to go. If this is what it looks like, it’s hard for me to want him back after this season, come what may.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"This summer, Rodgers petitioned the NFL to have an “alternative treatment” count as a vaccination. The NFL denied his request and has considered him unvaccinated since the start of the season." - Rob Demovsky, ESPN

Rodgers has always been a little hippity dippity, but come on!

Yeah, that's bad - so the Packers have been willfully giving him special treatment for several months on top of it, allowing for the perception of him being vaccinated per NFL rules. And the NFL and everyone else in the know (including the reporters breaking the news he was indeed not vaccinated for COVID) was just fine with it and went along hoping there wouldn't be a positive test to catch all of them with their pants down - for a virus that is proving to lead to positive COVID cases whether they are vaxxed for it or not.

How can the NFL even consider suspending/fining Rodgers after the fact considering they knew their protocols were being selectively enforced?

Edited by Fear The Chorizo

Knowing what we know about Rodgers (travel habits, social circle, political leanings, etc) it is hard for me to imagine he’s not vaccinated. Then I remember he’s always just been an out there dude (aliens, transcendental meditation, etc) and who knows anymore.

Honestly that’s not even the point for me. I don’t care about the issue from a political perspective, and I’m hoping he wasn’t lying or misleading people this whole time (same for the team, to be clear). But my thing is, once you start hurting the team, it’s time to go. If this is what it looks like, it’s hard for me to want him back after this season, come what may.

The team knows he’s not vaccinated. He’s not misleading them. That’s why he’s been following the protocol while in team facilities. But he hasn’t been following the protocol while traveling, on the sidelines or while talking with the press. My theory is that the team allowed him to avoid the protocol in public-facing settings.

The team knows he’s not vaccinated. He’s not misleading them. That’s why he’s been following the protocol while in team facilities. But he hasn’t been following the protocol while traveling, on the sidelines or while talking with the press. My theory is that the team allowed him to avoid the protocol in public-facing settings.

It's not just the Packers, though - it's the league that allowed him to avoid protocols in public-facing settings, too.

He told reporters he was "immunized". He didn't say he was vaccinated so it is literally impossible for him to be lying

Others have pointed out other issues here, but here's the actual definition of immunized, per the CDC (WHOs is similar):

"Immunization is a process by which a person becomes protected against a disease through vaccination."

So, if Rodgers INTENTIONALLY chose the word immunized, which he likely consciously did based on context to offer an answer that was intended to mislead, how is that NOT the definition of lying?

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
He told reporters he was "immunized". He didn't say he was vaccinated so it is literally impossible for him to be lying

Others have pointed out other issues here, but here's the actual definition of immunized, per the CDC (WHOs is similar):

"Immunization is a process by which a person becomes protected against a disease through vaccination."

So, if Rodgers INTENTIONALLY chose the word immunized, which he likely consciously did based on context to offer an answer that was intended to mislead, now is that NOT the definition of lying?

Welcome to post-modernism where what true for you might not be true for me.

Welcome to post-modernism where what true for you might not be true for me.

Certainly not untrue in a vacuum. But in this case, Rodgers has a lot of tap dancing to do. If you define lying as 'making a statement with the intention to deceive', he's certainly guilty in this case.

XLHlaDG.png
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Personally, I don't care if he was tap-dancing/confusing/lying to the reporters and/or general public. It isn't the reporters (or our) right to know.

The Packers knew and he was following protocols on the team (so I'm reading anyway).

Personally, I don't care if he was tap-dancing/confusing/lying to the reporters and/or general public.

I guess I care because it's a mark of poor character. Which I guess we shouldn't be surprised by at this point based on his body of work.

But, I prefer to root for good people when I can, I guess.

Why not just own it? If you believe you can choose alternative medicine for protection (which apparently didn't actually work), own it. Or better yet, don't respond to the question and say 'That's my own business.' He chose to respond, and chose to do so in a misleading way.

So what is this alternative treatment?

Bleach?

FWIW, while I tend to disagree with people opting not to get a COVID vaccine I also respect their own decision regardless of their reasoning - anecdotally unvaccinated adults in this country don't come close to fitting neatly into political or cultural groups for countless reasons. However, that respect vanishes for individuals who are publicly and intentionally misleading about it instead of opting to either be open and honest or just flat out state it's none of your business.

If this all proves to be true, having Rodgers wind up getting to carry on by a different set of rules than his peers in public settings because of being misleading/ambiguous is a terrible look - particularly at this moment when both private and public sector workplaces are in scramble mode trying to figure out what the hell they are supposed to be doing with various vaccine mandate edicts.

Edited by Fear The Chorizo

Personally, I don't care if he was tap-dancing/confusing/lying to the reporters and/or general public. It isn't the reporters (or our) right to know.

The Packers knew and he was following protocols on the team (so I'm reading anyway).

I'll be curious to hear the protocols clarification because I don't think non vaccinated players are allowed without a mask to do the in-person press conferences. Other players (like Lazard) have done them via Zoom.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I've long said that Rodgers is the better QB, but Favre was the better teammate.

But in defense of Rodgers... if I had to go in front of a group of reporters week-in and week-out to constantly answer questions that you don't want to answer or are private, I'm not sure how I'd handle it, either. It is his right to treat himself how he sees fit, but there is a heavy bullying mentality if you happen to disagree with being vaccinated (yes, I'm vaccinated).

The irony here might be how similar Rodgers and Braun's media relations go... [sarcasm]Maybe its a California thing.[/sarcasm]

(which apparently didn't actually work)

I don't wanna take this you know where, and for the record, I'm vaccinated. But just testing positive isn't really the mark of an effective preventive measure, otherwise the vaccine isn't very effective (which it is, just in the same way most vaccines are, and not in the way the media ran with early on).