Brewer Fanatic

Packer 2021 Team Discussion (Rodgers Out Vs. Chiefs)

CheezWizHed

... in direct response to a question regarding his vaccination status. It takes some industrial-grade spin to use 'immunized' in any way other than equating to vaccinated. Which is obviously possible that he was doing so, but that's blatantly misleading if the case, IMO.

Seems far more likely that he's vaccinated with symptoms. Full quote was "There's guys on the team that haven't been vaccinated. I'm not going to judge those guys." It really would be massively dishonest if he wasn't noting that he himself was among them.

I agree completely. The guy has forever been the master of spin. If he couldn't throw the dang football so well, I'm sure most Packers fans would hate his guts.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kyrie Irving has taken a lot crap over the last month but Rodgers is even worse and will see if he gets as much criticism as NBA owner and NFL MVP. He lied but can always come back and say he didn't because he chooses his words carefully and was telling the truth from a certain point of view.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Kyrie Irving has taken a lot crap over the last month but Rodgers is even worse and will see if he gets as much criticism as NBA owner and NFL MVP. He lied but can always come back and say he didn't because he chooses his words carefully and was telling the truth from a certain point of view.

He might be able to make that point if he had been following the NFL protocols for unvaccinated players. He wasn't.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Honestly, if it turns out he did lie I am fine trading him immediately. I was fully onboard the Rodgers bus in the offseason and wanted him around the next X amount of years he wanted to play but no more.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I honestly don't get the big deal here. He told reporters he was "immunized". He didn't say he was vaccinated so it is literally impossible for him to be lying if that is the "lie" people think he said. That really isn't on Rodgers if reporters and other people were too stupid to ask a follow-up question to see if that meant vaccinated. This is going to be made out to be a bigger deal than it is because it is Aaron Rodgers and all people want to do is create drama wherever possible.

A suspension seems likely to me if this bears out but I don't know the rules. Rodgers violated protocol about 1000 times if he wasn't.

If it turns out he was not vaccinated this whole time, and I think the door is more than open for that to be possible, there's a big difference between dodging the media with a not completely honest answer and straight out lying to the team. I think it's very likely the team knows and has known Rodgers' vaccination status from the start.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Honestly, if it turns out he did lie I am fine trading him immediately. I was fully onboard the Rodgers bus in the offseason and wanted him around the next X amount of years he wanted to play but no more.

NFL trade deadline was yesterday.

Minor detail that can be overcome. :laughing

A suspension seems likely to me if this bears out but I don't know the rules. Rodgers violated protocol about 1000 times if he wasn't.

If it turns out he was not vaccinated this whole time, and I think the door is more than open for that to be possible, there's a big difference between dodging the media with a not completely honest answer and straight out lying to the team. I think it's very likely the team knows and has known Rodgers' vaccination status from the start.

I'm talking about the league though. Rodgers did a bunch of things that are against protocol. He's not supposed to be at nightclubs and he was at mini camp unmasked. I couldn't care less about this, but there's a hundred examples of protocol violations dating back months.

I honestly don't get the big deal here. He told reporters he was "immunized". He didn't say he was vaccinated so it is literally impossible for him to be lying if that is the "lie" people think he said. That really isn't on Rodgers if reporters and other people were too stupid to ask a follow-up question to see if that meant vaccinated. This is going to be made out to be a bigger deal than it is because it is Aaron Rodgers and all people want to do is create drama wherever possible.

The issue is if he was not following unvaccinated protocols....and I believe attending a party is against protocols for unvaccinated players.

At this point, most NFL players and all NFL coaches that have caught COVID were indeed vaccinated, and there's no reason to believe Rodgers was any different.

Other than the multiple reports circulating that he was not.

Which are based on trying to parse the meaning of the word immunized and not based on direct knowledge of Rodgers not actually being vaccinated for COVID and then proceeding to not follow league-mandated protocols for unvaccinated players the past ~4 months.

I will say that if these reports turn out to be true, to me it has way more to do with whether Rodgers was willfully allowed by the NFL/Packers to not follow unvaccinated player protocols for the past 4 months and not nearly as much about whether his decision to get jabbed or not at some point this spring resulted in a positive COVID test. I mean, dude was in Hawaii early summer partying with friends during a time when that state was requiring all sorts of extended quarantine/testing protocols for people traveling to that state without being able to show proof of vaccination. Plus he's hosting Jeopardy, going to the Derby, golfing with Tom, Phil, and Bryson.....and with the circle of people Rodgers socializes with I have a very difficult time seeing him not getting a COVID vaccine.

We will know more over the next few days as to his vaccination status, whether Rodgers wants to disclose it or not simply by how the timeline of his potential return to team activities transpires. This is just something the team won't be able to parse words about and get away with there being uncertainty on any longer.

Silver lining is at least this is being dealt with in terms of Rodgers contracting COVID in early November and not two months from now during the playoffs. And hopefully the Packers can get fully through their season's COVID ordeal by the end of their bye week. And, LOLz at the NFL and State Farm still not getting their Mahomes/Rodgers matchup despite adding a 17th game to the schedule.

At this point, most NFL players and all NFL coaches that have caught COVID were indeed vaccinated, and there's no reason to believe Rodgers was any different.

Other than the multiple reports circulating that he was not.

Which are based on trying to parse the meaning of the word immunized and not based on direct knowledge of Rodgers not actually being vaccinated for COVID and then proceeding to not follow league-mandated protocols for unvaccinated players the past ~4 months.

It's Ian Rappaport and he wasn't ambiguous about it. I think it's likely he and a few other guys know exactly who is and is not vaccinated. It is pretty obvious at this point Rodgers was not.

It's Ian Rappaport and he wasn't ambiguous about it.

Than why haven't there been like 50 stories the past few months written about why Rodgers wasn't needing to follow NFL-mandated protocols coming from him? To me that's a bigger news story than a positive COVID test - whether Rodgers was already jabbed or not.

From Rob Demosky on ESPN...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32542413/green-bay-packers-qb-aaron-rodgers-tests-positive-covid-19-source-says

Rodgers petitioned the NFL to have an alternate treatment that he underwent before he returned to the Packers that would allow him to be considered the same as someone who received one of the approved vaccinations, sources told ESPN. After a lengthy back and forth, the league ruled that Rodgers would not get the same consideration and would be considered unvaccinated.

From the article on ESPN (https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32542413/green-bay-packers-qb-aaron-rodgers-tests-positive-covid-19-source-says):

The NFL has considered Rodgers as unvaccinated since the start of the season, sources confirmed to ESPN and first reported by NFL Network.

Under league protocol, if Rodgers tests positive and is unvaccinated, he must quarantine for a minimum of 10 days and cannot return until Nov. 13 at the earliest, if he remains asymptomatic.

Rodgers petitioned the NFL to have an alternate treatment that he underwent before he returned to the Packers that would allow him to be considered the same as someone who received one of the approved vaccinations, sources told ESPN. After a lengthy back and forth, the league ruled that Rodgers would not get the same consideration and would be considered unvaccinated.

Sources said Rodgers follows masking protocols while interacting with players and coaches inside the team's headquarters at Lambeau Field. However, Rodgers does not wear a mask while in the media auditorium during his weekly and postgame press conferences. The Packers have put other unvaccinated players on Zoom instead of in-person media sessions.

It's Ian Rappaport and he wasn't ambiguous about it.

Than why haven't there been like 50 stories the past few months written about why Rodgers wasn't needing to follow NFL-mandated protocols coming from him? To me that's a bigger news story than a positive COVID test - whether Rodgers was already jabbed or not.

This must mean that the organization has been covering for him for months. Probably because they’re walking on eggshells around Aaron.