Brewer Fanatic

Packer 2021 Team Discussion (Rodgers Out Vs. Chiefs)

CheezWizHed

He can't do either anymore so I don't think it really matters. It was a good signing due to his age and zero risk, but that Bears game was pretty much all I had to see. He can't move.

We can absolutely agree on all of those points. Shocking to have a career end after 5 years, some with serious productivity. But, it's over for him.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LS Hunter Bradley waived.

LS Steven Wirtel signed from the PS.

I am not suprised by this.

His snaps on fgs and XPs were all over the place in the last couple of games.

A couple of really good catch and hold saved a couple on Thursday.

Wonder is some of Crosby's issues were related to iffy timing due to snaps.

Apparently Jaylon Smith was cut for an entirely different reason. Only two Smiths are allowed on the active roster at LB. With Z Smith expected back at some point, the Packers were proactive and cut Jaylon. Reportedly, they were toying with calling Preston Smith a DE, but didn't want to get a hefty tampering fine from the League.

Apparently Jaylon Smith was cut for an entirely different reason. Only two Smiths are allowed on the active roster at LB. With Z Smith expected back at some point, the Packers were proactive and cut Jaylon. Reportedly, they were toying with calling Preston Smith a DE, but didn't want to get a hefty tampering fine from the League.

This cannot be true. Am I just tired?

LS Hunter Bradley waived.

LS Steven Wirtel signed from the PS.

I am not suprised by this.

His snaps on fgs and XPs were all over the place in the last couple of games.

A couple of really good catch and hold saved a couple on Thursday.

Wonder is some of Crosby's issues were related to iffy timing due to snaps.

Almost positively were. The last time Crosby struggled was when both the LS and holder were new. It was documented at the time they were all having trouble getting on the same page. A couple weeks ago I was looking up exactly this and came across this 10-minute answer Bill Belichick gave re: special teams unit.

Probably nobody will watch this but it's full of interesting insight as to how ST has evolved. And that it isn't really the case that kickers got magically better in the 2000s. It's that the units are a dedicated group of guys that work together all the time.

In the past, your LS and holder were often other players that practiced and then worked with the K for 15 minutes at the end.

Just the reactions Crosby had during the Bengals game on the field during his missed kicks had me thinking something was off with the timing between the snap and hold - if there's no consistent timing with the pace of the snap to the holder, the kicker is getting to the ball either too early (no target to kick until last second) or too late (more likely to get blocked). If the snaps are inconsistent in pace and location the holder doesn't have enough time to set the ball up the same way every time. Good longsnappers get FG snaps to the point where the ball lands in a holder's hands in the perfect position to just stand it up without even having to rotate laces around - that just wasn't happening consistently with the Packers this season.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Rodgers tests positive for Covid. Out for Sunday.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Early and more or less unverified reports that Rodgers IS vaccinated, but is also symptomatic, so the 'two negative tests' rule isn't applicable.

Rappoport and some other guy say he isn't. Who knows. I think he said he was "immunized" so maybe he had it at one point and thought he had natural immunity.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

If he said he was and he really wasn't that's moronic. I'd rather have him go full Cole Beasley than lie about it. Also, if you aren't vax'd there are protocols you have to follow so if he lied and the Packers knew, they let him break protocol. If he lied and the Packers didn't know, that's really just trash.

Rappoport could be wrong of course.

It's only Wednesday so this could get worse. It's possible they end up with some street FA at QB. Rodgers went out for Halloween with a bunch of dudes.

But yes, if Love can play, this is basically the dream scenario for that to occur.

-AFC team

-Bad defense

-A sample to either show Love can play or they need to strongly consider committing to 12

-Rodgers isn't injured and we somehow get this mid-season, so he will get to play with most of the 1st unit.

And if he is unvaccinated, he will miss the Seahawks game as well.

His exact quote was that he was "immunized". Semantics ... but it is entirely possible that he already had COVID, so figured that he had antibodies that would protect him from getting it again. This Delta variant doesn't seem to care, though.

In the end, the argument can certainly be made that if he truly isn't vaccinated, and has to miss this weekend's game (and possibly next week's as well), he has let the team down.

... in direct response to a question regarding his vaccination status. It takes some industrial-grade spin to use 'immunized' in any way other than equating to vaccinated. Which is obviously possible that he was doing so, but that's blatantly misleading if the case, IMO.

Seems far more likely that he's vaccinated with symptoms. Full quote was "There's guys on the team that haven't been vaccinated. I'm not going to judge those guys." It really would be massively dishonest if he wasn't noting that he himself was among them.

It takes some industrial-grade spin to use 'immunized' in any way other than equating to vaccinated. Which is obviously possible that he was doing so, but that's blatantly misleading if the case, IMO.

Seems far more likely that he's vaccinated with symptoms.

I assumed he was vaccinated because of hearing this a couple months ago, but with the circles he runs it, it would not surprise me at ALL if he never got it but took his fiancee's dietician's supplements and juice cleanse routine to "immunize" himself.