Brewer Fanatic

Packer 2021 Team Discussion (Rodgers Out Vs. Chiefs)

CheezWizHed

The Packers are coming up on a stretch of 4, very winnable games:

vs. Pittsburg

@ Cincinnati

@ Chicago

vs. Washington

They need to bank 4 wins because then they go:

@ Arizona (TNF across the county, SMH)

@ Kansas City

vs. Seahawks

@ Minnesota

@ LA Rams

That’s a brutal 5 game stretch that mercifully end with a bye.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far the Packers have to be thrilled with the contributions they are getting from the 2021 draft.

1st - Stokes looked pretty dang solid last night other than a couple ticky-tack PI calls.

2nd - Myers has seemingly replaced Linsley without missing much of a beat.

3rd - Rodgers is playing as the 4th/5th WR and punt returner. Not many highlights yet, but looks electric with the ball in his hands at times.

4th - Newman has been a starter at G since Day 1, and has the look of a long-term starter there.

5th - Slaton has played a nice role as a rotational DL player who has had some nice rushes so far. He is looking like a player that deserves even more time.

5th - Jean-Charles hasn't played a ton on defense, but has been a stalwart on special teams.

6th - Van Lannen is on the PS

6th - McDuffie has looked good on special teams, and with Barnes getting hurt may be in for a larger role.

7th - Hill has looked electric on kickoff returns. Excited to see how they can work him into the offense. He looks like he belongs out there. Very similar build and running style to Aaron Jones.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

MVS had a couple nice catches last night. He was open 2-3 times last week and Rodgers badly overshot him. He's caught everything that was catchable and thrown his way.

I can't say Amari Rodgers has looked "electric" to me. Solid, but he actually looks a bit slow. Maybe once he stops trying to dance around everyone and just takes it upfield, he might see better results on punt returns.

The Packers are coming up on a stretch of 4, very winnable games:

vs. Pittsburg

@ Cincinnati

@ Chicago

vs. Washington

They need to bank 4 wins because then they go:

@ Arizona (TNF across the county, SMH)

@ Kansas City

vs. Seahawks

@ Minnesota

@ LA Rams

That’s a brutal 5 game stretch that mercifully end with a bye.

The Rams game is at Lambeau but yes, looks like a brutal stretch. However you never know. Seattle lost convincingly to the Vikings and the jury is still out on Arizona.

I think the Division is pretty much a foregone conclusion barring significant injury to multiple key guys. Not to poke the bear but I think even with Love and a healthy rest of the roster they would win it. The Lions just aren't good, the Bears are a trainwreck, and the Vikings will play competitively but haven't really been impressive at all and even at their best are still a tier below.

This years Packers is very similar to last years Bucks team where the regular season results don't hold much weight anymore. It's about staying healthy and developing a versatile team that can win playing multiple different styles of football. Take your lumps now experimenting with different defenses, player packages, ways to attack different looks from Defenses etc so that come January your playing your best brand of football.

The Vikings have enough talent at key positions to make themselves competitive, but their roster has no depth and that leaves them with a likely inconsistent year where they wind up winning a few games they aren't expected to when everything goes right and also lose very winnable games when they shoot themselves in the foot. I think if everything goes right for the Vikings on the injury front their ceiling is a 10 win season helped by playing the Lions and Bears 4 times.

If Mason Crosby missed that FG, I don't think anyone would be saying they passed the litmus test without a doubt. I think most of the league is still in a formative phase. I think we mostly know what the Packers are going to be, sure. But I'm not sure how good SF is or any of the other contending teams.

It's not looking promising for Jaire my friends.

He is in a sling. LaFleur mentioned today he won't have a definitive report until Wednesday (I consider this: We're seeking second opinions). He won't rule out the injury as season-ending.

Not good.

Yeah, I couldn't figure out how Yiadom survived final cuts... he showed zilch in pre-season and shown exactly the same yesterday. Sadly, if King comes back he is an upgrade to Yiadom.

Kind of curious what Jean-Charles brings, but I doubt he is the answer to our outside CB woahs. Would be nice if he pushed Sullivan though. CS looked like an up and comer two years ago, but hasn't improved at all since. I wonder if Tramon Williams is still available? (I'd like that to be in blue, but...)

I think we’re about to find out how “all-in” the brass feels right now. I would not want to have to make the call on mortgaging the future for Rodgers’ likely last season knowing defensive injuries might doom you anyway. Have to think Jaire is almost certainly irreplaceable on the in-season market, and Z is close.

Apart from Rodgers going down, this is devolving into worst-case scenario.

Aside from Rodgers, if I asked you what players can the Packers not afford to lose if they want to contend, you probably would have had Bakhtiari, Za’Darius, and Jaire in your Top 5.

True, yet they've been able to win without the first two (and Jenkins who would be a top 10.) That said, hard to imagine how they are true contender without Jaire. I'm sure GM Rodgers will swing a trade for a really good corner.

Aside from Rodgers, if I asked you what players can the Packers not afford to lose if they want to contend, you probably would have had Bakhtiari, Za’Darius, and Jaire in your Top 5.

Jaire yes. The other 2 are great, but Bakhtiari is playing a position of relative strength on the team and given 17 games, you'd probably still have a good o-line at the end. I think you can figure out losing Smith. Top 5, sure, probably all are still in it, but I don't think DBak and Z are insurmountable.

Jaire is insurmountable in my opinion. Can't win a championship in today's pass-happy NFL with a rookie, Chandon Sullivan and Kevin King.