Brewer Fanatic

Packer 2021 Team Discussion (Rodgers Out Vs. Chiefs)

CheezWizHed

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Way more Packer fans than Saints fans in Jacksonville I'd imagine.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

St. Brown surprises me. At some point you'd think they'd just move on. Sounds like many teams were WR rich this year, so I'd think being able to swipe someone off their cuts would be a better option at this point.

I haven't seen Uphoff sign to the PS yet... That would hurt to lose him. My favorite player that was cut...

It's possible that St. Brown still needs more time and reps to be something, hence a PS spot. If he can stay healthy and actually develop this year, he has a good chance of getting elevated at some point this year with an inevitable injury.

Except that inevitable injury will probably be his... :(

The talent is evident... I'm thinking the willingness to work himself into a pro WR is not (as seen from the 10,000 ft view)

Wouldn't surprise me if they pick up a 6th CB (drop Yiadom), a DL (drop Lancaster), and/or a Punter (drop Just Kidding Scott) after cuts.

We seem pretty solid everywhere else.

Well I was 1 for 3.

I'm hearing Lancaster has an injury, so I'm hoping we still move him to IR and pull in someone else.

And I'm quickly not a fan of Yaidom. Yes, only one game, but wow that was bad. I suppose as the 6th CB it doesn't hurt much.

Yeah, when a guy or two gets hurt St. Brown could be a nice option to have available.

Exactly. I think he’s on the PS because he was the 7th best receiver on their camp roster.

EQ is a substantially more talented WR than Taylor. But Taylor is a better special teams player, and when you are at the bottom of the depth chart, you need to excel on special teams.

I'm happy that St. Brown is still around. The guy looks like he was designed in lab as a prototype NFL WR. He just hasn't been able to stay on the field on a consistent basis.

I don't think the Saints are going to be very good but this essentially became a home game for the Packers. It shouldn't be as brutally hot as Miami although we have seen Packers teams really struggle in hot climates in early season games.

They played in Jacksonville week 1 in 2016 with a high of 92 degrees and in my opinion, got some fortuitous calls from the refs that won them the game.

I'm hearing Lancaster has an injury, so I'm hoping we still move him to IR and pull in someone else.

I know there was a serious cap crunch and all, but I just can't believe that the plan for 2021 is Lancaster/Lowry at DE again. I just can't.

I know there was a serious cap crunch and all, but I just can't believe that the plan for 2021 is Lancaster/Lowry at DE again. I just can't.

Have to believe that Keke has passed Lancaster on the depth chart even when Lancaster is healthy.

Have to believe that Keke has passed Lancaster on the depth chart even when Lancaster is healthy.

I think they're planning on actually playing a 3-4 this year. At least I would imagine so if you're going to have six defensive linemen on the active roster. Lancaster is a fine option as a 10-15 snaps a game rotational player.

The Saints apparently researched which alternate site would give them the closest thing to home field advantage.

Aaron Rodgers is 3-4 all-time in Florida with a 78.1 passer rating. They chose Jacksonville over Miami and Tampa (which were also open that date) because flights from Wisconsin to Jacksonville are more expensive than flights to either Miami or Tampa.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/saints-considered-every-detail-choosing-014811182.html

I am hopeful they are both last on the depth chart at their respective positions. If Lancaster gets more than 3 snaps a game on defense I will not be a happy camper.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

The Saints apparently researched which alternate site would give them the closest thing to home field advantage.

Aaron Rodgers is 3-4 all-time in Florida with a 78.1 passer rating. They chose Jacksonville over Miami and Tampa (which were also open that date) because flights from Wisconsin to Jacksonville are more expensive than flights to either Miami or Tampa.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/saints-considered-every-detail-choosing-014811182.html

This stuff is so silly. It's like the Brewers trying to do a zip code presale. For one, Packers fans will just fly to the cheaper city and drive a few hours if the flight in is that much more. And second and more importantly, their fans don't just travel; they live all over the place. There are probably enough WI retirees to fill that stadium.

FYI, They've played a 3-4 for many years.

I'd imagine the base DL starters are Keke-Clark-Lowry, with the preferred nickel alignment being Keke-Clark-ZSmith. The snaps allocated to Heflin/Lancaster should be interesting... They are similar players with similar rookie-year preseason results. We know Lancaster's updside, so I'm fine moving on to someone that was more of 3-4 DE. With Lancaster/Heflin/Slaton, they have a lot of redundancy at the NT/DE-run-stuffer type player.

As for picking a location that gives NO the advantage, TX was probably their best bet. Or playing at a college stadium in LA or MS. In Florida, there are too many WI that live there or will travel to see it. Remember when TB had to sell tickets in a way that wouldn't allow Packer fans to buy them and make it a home game?

I'd imagine the base DL starters are Keke-Clark-Lowry, with the preferred nickel alignment being Keke-Clark-ZSmith. The snaps allocated to Heflin/Lancaster should be interesting... They are similar players with similar rookie-year preseason results. We know Lancaster's updside, so I'm fine moving on to someone that was more of 3-4 DE. With Lancaster/Heflin/Slaton, they have a lot of redundancy at the NT/DE-run-stuffer type player.

As for picking a location that gives NO the advantage, TX was probably their best bet. Or playing at a college stadium in LA or MS. In Florida, there are too many WI that live there or will travel to see it. Remember when TB had to sell tickets in a way that wouldn't allow Packer fans to buy them and make it a home game?

NFL rules require the game must be held in an NFL stadium due to their replay system.

I was a little surprised that AT&T stadium said no due a concert being held 3 days later. I don't know how much it takes to set up a concert but I guess that wasn't enough time.

Gruber Lawffices

EQ is a substantially more talented WR than Taylor. But Taylor is a better special teams player, and when you are at the bottom of the depth chart, you need to excel on special teams.

I'm happy that St. Brown is still around. The guy looks like he was designed in lab as a prototype NFL WR. He just hasn't been able to stay on the field on a consistent basis.

I mean if you're saying more physically talented, maybe, but has EQ really shown enough that we can say he's a better receiver? What exactly is his game? He's fast, but not consistently flat-out outrun corners fast like MVS. He's big, but doesn't seem skilled at playing receiver bully-ball like Lazard. I don't know that he's quick enough to really be a top-tier route runner. Has he really shown a plus skill other than having a big catch radius?

The guy was a sixth-round pick for a reason, and it wasn't just his dad. He was more of a project than the pre-draft hype suggested, and be it the injuries or whatever, he hasn't seemed to develop enough to push his way onto the field in what is now a decidedly more crowded receiver room. Honestly, if the early camp hype on Winfree is accurate, it wouldn't shock me if EQ is eighth on the depth chart once both are healthy.

Edited by CheeseheadInQC

Having a WR on your practice squad who's played meaningful games, has put up sub-level stats and has years in the system is a huge luxury. I'll be pretty surprised if some other team doesn't take him off our practice squad just for that reason + the fact that we have still kept him, so we must think he's at least OK.

NFL rules require the game must be held in an NFL stadium due to their replay system.

I was a little surprised that AT&T stadium said no due a concert being held 3 days later. I don't know how much it takes to set up a concert but I guess that wasn't enough time.

I guess I was thinking of the past with the Vikings playing at U-MN and Chicago playing at U-ILL for a year when they had stadium projects going on. But that was also planned long term and perhaps before the replay rules you are referencing.