Brewer Fanatic

Packer 2021 Team Discussion (Rodgers Out Vs. Chiefs)

CheezWizHed

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Packers uniform is very difficult to work with. It's never looked that great and when you start messing around with forest green and mustard yellow there is not a whole lot you can do. If you're hell-bent on doing this sort of jersey stuff just go all the way and honor the Bucks and throw in purple or something. Just wear the regular thing or do something way outside the box.

No, no, no, no, no. For one, the Buck's haven't had purple in their jerseys for a while. Two, when your biggest rival is purple... some lines are just not crossed.

But I like where you were going.. a Green and Cream jersey to honor the Buck's championship would've been a nice tip of the cap. But I'm guessing the NFL has guidelines on these secondary jersey colors what wouldn't allow it...

It wasn't an actual idea. I was just saying do something actually unique if you're going to keep doing these silly jerseys. There are only so many green and mustard ideas and 99% of them look terrible. It's not a good color scheme. I've always thought our jerseys kind of suck but the team is a million years old.

I really liked the old 'circle numbers' jerseys they used a few years back that were different than the straight blue & yellow ones they've used since the retro jerseys were a thing:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/25/2014/11/cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptnmmwmwmzczntu1ytu5odi1ogqymzjjzwu1zmyymdni-e1416178065626.jpeg

The ones this year look like weird Oregon Ducks jerseys.

Edmonton Eskimoes

We'll see what happens in the regular season before we can really judge, but I didn't like the Joe Barry hire when it happened and I certainly haven't seen anything so far in the preseason to feel any better about it.

We'll see what happens in the regular season before we can really judge, but I didn't like the Joe Barry hire when it happened and I certainly haven't seen anything so far in the preseason to feel any better about it.

+1......when Leonard said no they got caught with their pants down.

Benkert looks surprisingly competent.

Yeah, I don’t think you cut him.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I mean, ok? It’s really dangerous to judge anything scheme-wise off of preseason.

Yeah. We have to see what happens. I just didn't care for the Barry hire at all and was hoping to be second guessing that already.

Is there anyone that can get the Packers special teams to not be hot garbage?

Nope.

I just don't get how they can be so god-awful bad at it year in and year out.

Spend a draft pick on a punter that has a good first year and now can't kick the ball 40 yards.

I don't know, the Jets basically played their starters and our backups (scrubs) seemed to do just fine against them.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Preseason football is just a terrible sports product. I guess it's nice for rookies and bubble players and seeing how those rookie developments and roster races go is kind of fun. But from a fan standpoint it is mostly just vanilla schemes and many players who won't even be rostered.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I like them as long as they are the less saturated version and not the Oregon Ducks version the players are wearing in those photos.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I mean, ok? It’s really dangerous to judge anything scheme-wise off of preseason.

Were they even playing any of the starters?

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Preseason football is just a terrible sports product. I guess it's nice for rookies and bubble players and seeing how those rookie developments and roster races go is kind of fun. But from a fan standpoint it is mostly just vanilla schemes and many players who won't even be rostered.

In my younger days I'd chew up and consume anything Packer related all day long. Pre-season football, the pre-game, post game shows.... listen for 3 hours after the game so I could agree or disagree mentally in my head with the callers and just consume whatever media there was. I'd watch pre-season football to the very end of the game, hoping to glean some bit of knowledge or information about every single guy to the very bottom of the depth chart.

Nowadays, I absolutely loathe pre-season football. It's just ugly. I turned on the radio at 3 today to get the Brewers rolling, and was ultra annoyed to find that the playoff bound Brewers regular season game is pre-empted once again for pre-season Packers football in a game in which it looks like about 4 guys I've ever heard of played in, and 2 of those are the kickers.

Just cut pre-season to a couple shared practices and one game.

Have one scrimmage game with another opponent after a couple days of joint practice and one official preseason game. If they can’t tell who can play off of that, they aren’t good at their jobs.

The NFL could and should then have a minor league football league that consists of just a few teams that play a few games on like Tuesdays or something. Teams can pick guys off those teams much like a waiver wire.

Were they even playing any of the starters?

Barnes at mlb, rookie center, rookie right guard, and depending on where stokes falls on the depth chart with or without a healthy king, him.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

I really like this Slaton kid. He could shore up the D Line against the run. Please take all of Lancaster's snaps...or make Lancaster go away.

I really like this Slaton kid. He could shore up the D Line against the run. Please take all of Lancaster's snaps...or make Lancaster go away.

That was quite a lick he laid on the quarterback. He looked the the original #93, The Gravedigger on that play.

Call me weird, but I still like watching pre-season FB. Not for the football or quality of the game... I just enjoy seeing those end of the roster guys fight and see who might actually make the team. I guess between the draft, UDFA, and preseason, I like playing the arm-chair GM...

Pretty sure we keep 3 QBs on the roster again this year.

Dillon looked great out there - both running and recieving.

The 3 third-string candidates all played well, but Hill still looks like a step above the rest.

No ESB was a bit disappointing, but Malik Taylor looked good.

Heflin and Slaton both continue to play well.

3rd and 4th safety will be an interesting battle

Quiet night for Nijman, which is a good thing for a OL

Yeah. We have to see what happens. I just didn't care for the Barry hire at all and was hoping to be second guessing that already.

[sarcasm]Well, seems like your hopes have come true...[/sarcasm] :rolleyes