Brewer Fanatic

Packer 2021 Team Discussion (Rodgers Out Vs. Chiefs)

CheezWizHed

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
GM Aaron Rodgers is now calling for the team to bring Clay Matthews back to the Packers. Either that or he's just trolling the front office. Either way, I think it's funny.

there is no way he's serious

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

GM Aaron Rodgers is now calling for the team to bring Clay Matthews back to the Packers. Either that or he's just trolling the front office. Either way, I think it's funny.

there is no way he's serious

There's a tiny part of me that wants the front office to give in to all of Rodgers' suggestions because once those moves fail spectacularly they can say, "This is what happens when a star QB blackmails an organization because he wants to play pretend GM."

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

A few game 1 thoughts:

- Love was up and down, but some good show of talent along with some nerves/rookie issues (staring down WRs)/rust. Rodgers first preseason game was much worse.

- Berkhert was actually pretty impressive. Very decisive, good zip on his throws. Bad, bad decision on the INT though.

- Gaines, Scott, Black, Ento, Hollman, SJC... a decent show of talent and speed from our young CBs not named Jackson.

- Will Jackson even make it past the cut-down this week? Why haven't they moved him to safety?

- Hill has some wiggle. Looked good even without much for holes to run.

- Oline had struggles moving anyone out there. Lots of young guys and the first game, but improvement is needed.

- We have little talent in our MLB backups. Burks made some good plays (and missed others), but on the whole, there wasn't much to see from our backups there. RBs were squirting through holes on us all night. Might not be terrible as Barnes/Martin/Campbell/Burks might be enough.

- DL backups didn't show much either. Moving backward too often. Little pressure.

- Funchess did look good, but I'll wait until he is playing first-string CBs before getting too excited. But he did look good, move well, and fit the scheme well (crossing routes).

Yiadom was a 3rd rounder a few years ago by Denver. Traded for a late-rounder to NY last year. Basically just a guy, but maybe the Packers like him in their scheme.

I had held out hope that Jackson might get a fresh start in a new coordinator's scheme, but he clearly needed a fresh start elsewhere based on how terrible he looked Saturday. Such an unexpected bust.

Yiadom was a 3rd rounder a few years ago by Denver. Traded for a late-rounder to NY last year. Basically just a guy, but maybe the Packers like him in their scheme.

I had held out hope that Jackson might get a fresh start in a new coordinator's scheme, but he clearly needed a fresh start elsewhere based on how terrible he looked Saturday. Such an unexpected bust.

Jackson is Exhibit A of the idea that sometimes the guy who seemingly falls in the draft and who everyone wants is not always the best choice. He was a guy that dominated Big 10 receivers for one season, but was found out pretty early as a pro.

So we voluntarily did a color rush uniform and made it even uglier than past versions?

I think they are trying to emulate the colors the team wore in the early '50s, but didn't quite get the shade right. And for some reason the versions of the jerseys fans can buy are much closer to an accurate color scheme than the ones the players are modeling.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-fN7zAA2lLBU/VdIWqWb39OI/AAAAAAAAU10/Lg-vRLKQ3Xw/s1600/1953GreenBayPackers_close.jpg

E9KGnGGVUAYR8lD?format=jpg&name=large

E9KITMBVIAEAY20?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Ron Robinson's Beard

I really liked the old 'circle numbers' jerseys they used a few years back that were different than the straight blue & yellow ones they've used since the retro jerseys were a thing:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/25/2014/11/cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptnmmwmwmzczntu1ytu5odi1ogqymzjjzwu1zmyymdni-e1416178065626.jpeg

The ones this year look like weird Oregon Ducks jerseys.

We look like the green version of the Vikings. Just wear our normal jersey. I hate this kind of stuff.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I'll agree that the modeled pictures don't look good. It is some weird Oregon uniform. Its its forest green and and deep dark yellow it should look OK and its a change if pace from always being blue and gold.

I'm sure it has something to do with wanting the colors to "pop" on high-def TVs. The shade of their regular green jerseys is actually a tad different than what you can go to the Pro Shop and buy specifically for that reason as well.

I think they are trying to emulate the colors the team wore in the early '50s, but didn't quite get the shade right. And for some reason the versions of the jerseys fans can buy are much closer to an accurate color scheme than the ones the players are modeling.

Seems like that part was intentional. They wanted to use current colors and make it look retro.

Funny we would do some current color weird thing when the NFL is finally allowing teams to have enough helmets where a retro color helmet would be legal again. Feels like this should have been something the last few years when we were basically forced to have only the yellow helmet. I guess this is better than doing the poop brown uniforms with the highlighter yellow helmet...but not by much.

The Packers colors aren't really the most eye pleasing anyway, but the green and yellow being the uniforms? Yikes.

The Packers uniform is very difficult to work with. It's never looked that great and when you start messing around with forest green and mustard yellow there is not a whole lot you can do. If you're hell-bent on doing this sort of jersey stuff just go all the way and honor the Bucks and throw in purple or something. Just wear the regular thing or do something way outside the box.

The Packers uniform is very difficult to work with. It's never looked that great and when you start messing around with forest green and mustard yellow there is not a whole lot you can do. If you're hell-bent on doing this sort of jersey stuff just go all the way and honor the Bucks and throw in purple or something. Just wear the regular thing or do something way outside the box.

No, no, no, no, no. For one, the Buck's haven't had purple in their jerseys for a while. Two, when your biggest rival is purple... some lines are just not crossed.

But I like where you were going.. a Green and Cream jersey to honor the Buck's championship would've been a nice tip of the cap. But I'm guessing the NFL has guidelines on these secondary jersey colors what wouldn't allow it...