Brewer Fanatic

Packer 2021 Team Discussion (Rodgers Out Vs. Chiefs)

CheezWizHed

I’m a big Packers / Rodgers fan and I’d love to see him retire now and host Jeopardy full time. It might not be a second Super Bowl, but that just seems like a fitting end for him. No bitter divorce - just ‘Hey, it’s time for me to go do something new. Good luck to you all.’

Well, Love definitely isn't ready and I have no desire to see us go 7-10 next year so I hope not.

Plus, and I might get roasted for this, I don't see TV personality in Rodgers that others do. I saw him on an episode of The Office and frankly I thought he kind of sucked.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m a big Packers / Rodgers fan and I’d love to see him retire now and host Jeopardy full time. It might not be a second Super Bowl, but that just seems like a fitting end for him. No bitter divorce - just ‘Hey, it’s time for me to go do something new. Good luck to you all.’

Well, Love definitely isn't ready and I have no desire to see us go 7-10 next year so I hope not.

Plus, and I might get roasted for this, I don't see TV personality in Rodgers that others do. I saw him on an episode of The Office and frankly I thought he kind of sucked.

There's a pretty big difference between a guest spot on a show and being a game show host or a commentator.

He's not a good actor(though he was better than the Brewers on that SOAP) but he's pretty entertaining, funny in a live setting. He was good on the McAfee show all year...that's probably closer to what he'd do in the future on TV.

I thought he was great tonight

But I definitely don't want to see him retire. I am not looking forward to the divorce though. Maybe they'll go to some couples counselling and they'll stay together though. Do it for the kids guys....

Edited by HiAndTight
Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

There's a pretty big difference between a guest spot on a show and being a game show host or a commentator.

He's not a good actor(though he was better than the Brewers on that SOAP) but he's pretty entertaining, funny in a live setting. He was good on the McAfee show all year...that's probably closer to what he'd do in the future on TV.

I thought he was great tonight.

I didn't see the show tonight. I agree though that those are very different roles.

I didn't see the show tonight. I agree though that those are very different roles.

One of the 3 in the final round didn't know the answer, so he just wrote, "who wanted to kick that FG."

He also kinda gave one away with a clue. It was about this writer of a sitcom that started in 2000 and is doing "pretty, pretty good," and he did the Larry David "Pretty...pretty good."

I finally watched 3 Jeopardy episodes from this past week. I thought Rodgers did a nice job for someone with little broadcast experience. I wouldn’t describe him as a ‘natural,’ but if he applied himself, I’m sure he’d have no shortage of TV opportunities in retirement.

Also, the contestant who inquired about the NFC Championship Game seemed like a jerk. I’m glad he lost.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I watched one of the Jeopardy episodes this week; first one ever without Alex Trabek. It was weird because it sounded like Rodgers was trying to be Trabek, but it sounded wrong (wrong voice). But overall I think he did a nice job.

I watched one of the Jeopardy episodes this week; first one ever without Alex Trabek. It was weird because it sounded like Rodgers was trying to be Trabek, but it sounded wrong (wrong voice). But overall I think he did a nice job.

He apparently binge-watched passed seasons and took notes on how Trebek reacted to correct answers and incorrect answers.

He apparently binge-watched passed seasons and took notes on how Trebek reacted to correct answers and incorrect answers.

Which was probably a mistake. The best thing you can do is just be yourself, not imitate someone else.

I finally watched 3 Jeopardy episodes from this past week. I thought Rodgers did a nice job for someone with little broadcast experience. I wouldn’t describe him as a ‘natural,’ but if he applied himself, I’m sure he’d have no shortage of TV opportunities in retirement.

Also, the contestant who inquired about the NFC Championship Game seemed like a jerk. I’m glad he lost.

I thought that was funny. I don't think that was done with any malicious intent.

Which was probably a mistake. The best thing you can do is just be yourself, not imitate someone else.

I agree...except for you're really threading a needle there. You're taking over for a legend. You want to be yourself, and I thought there were a few times he was a little different than Trabek, but you also don't want to try and pay homage to the late, great host of the iconic show.

I think over the long haul, Rodgers would do pretty well.

[attachment=0]Screenshot_20210412-125602_Twitter-min.jpg[/attachment]

I have to agree with Andy on this take. I would have loved Bouye for 2/7.

Sidney Jones is the guy on that list that really jumps out. He was actually pretty good last year, he's young and he excels in man coverage. So he would have fit very well.

I'm good with bringing King back on a low risk one year deal, but I do agree, there were other options.

Still, I think King has a lot of upside. Maybe we catch lightening this year and he's healthy and everything clicks...and then we let him leave while picking up a comp pick next year.

We'll still likely add a CB very early on.

[attachment=0]Screenshot_20210412-125602_Twitter-min.jpg[/attachment]

I have to agree with Andy on this take. I would have loved Bouye for 2/7.

That's alarming. Any of those guys if having a decent injury history the last 2 seasons have to be better than King for 1/3rd the price paid? It's bad enough King is the gives up big plays at worst times, but then he misses games or leaves games early.

• 2 weeks later...

So I know there is an element of Lucy and Charlie Brown’s football at work here, but I’m really stoked about the next evolution to this offense in light of the addition of Amari Rodgers, Josiah Deguara, and a fully-integrated AJ Dillon. I think they have another gear beyond even what last year’s offense accomplished, and, in fact, I think they’re on the cusp of achieving unstoppable transcendence (the 2011 dream achieved).

But, nah, a soap opera sounds like a better outcome, I guess. Good job, everyone. I hope everyone’s ego trips still feel so satisfying in a few years when all involved have moved on to retirement or other jobs.

Thought I'd start the schedule talk since it will be released in a few hours.

So far we have us opening in New Orleans and hosting Cleveland Christmas Day, which is a Friday. I'm sure more games will be leaked early.

The Green Bay Press Gazette reported the Packers will play the Vikings on SNF on January 2 ... another holiday weekend where I show up to work tired the next morning instead of well rested. That happen twice last year.

The Green Bay Press Gazette reported the Packers will play the Vikings on SNF on January 2 ... another holiday weekend where I show up to work tired the next morning instead of well rested. That happen twice last year.

That game will probably get flexed out. Where is the game?

That game will probably get flexed out. Where is the game?

Home, I think. They say ‘against Minnesota.’

https://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2021/05/12/green-bay-packers-2021-schedule-updates-opener-new-orleans-saints/5043393001/