Brewer Fanatic

Arenado to the Cards

torts

Per Ken Rosenthal...

BREAKING: Cardinals have agreed to acquire Nolan Arenado from Rockies, sources tell The Athletic. Deal pending approval from both MLB and players’ union; Rockies sending Cardinals significant cash, believed to be in $50M range, and Arenado will be deferring money.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Names possibly going to Rockies include LHP Austin Gomber, 1B Luken Baker, OF Jhon Torres. Return also might include RHP Jake Woodford or RHP Angel Rondón. Exact package not confirmed.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I’d care if I felt like we were actually trying build a championship team, but since we aren’t...hard to really be mad the Cards are improving.

But it’s the red birds. Such a quiet off-season, especially for the NL Central. and of course it’s the red birds that pull this out of their hats. Crap!

I’m so sports depressed now.

So the Cardinals gave up little in prospect capital and got the Rockies to pay $50 million of Arenado’s salary.

That's the Cardinals Way

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Well here’s hoping Arenado’s home/road splits are a real thing and he’s going to be an expensive “average” offensive player for the Cardinals, because if not they just added an elite bat to their lineup without giving up much talent in return.

So the Cardinals gave up little in prospect capital and got the Rockies to pay $50 million of Arenado’s salary.

So how much will the Cardinals have to pay him? This is so damn depressing.

I believe he was owed $199 million over the next six seasons, so assuming the $50 million reports are correct they would be on the hook for around $150 million. I thought he had an opt out clause in a couple of years as well, but not sure if that’s still the case.

So how much will the Cardinals have to pay him? This is so damn depressing.

Bob Nightengale

@BNightengale

·

4m

The #Rockies would pay at least $50 million of the remaining $199 million left in Arenado's contract, meaning the #STLCards would be paying about $25 million a year for Arenado. Right now, he still would get an opt-out clause in 2021 and 2022.

Bob Nightengale

@BNightengale

·

5m

The #STLCards are not giving up any of their top 5 prospects in the trade. Their top prospect likely would be OF Jhon Torres, their No. 9 prospect.

None of the players traded were among Baseball America’s Top 10 Cardinals prospects.