Brewer Fanatic

Sarah Goodrum named Minor League Hitting Coordinator

Baldkin

I really hope that the Brewers do something significant soon, because when nothing's going on, we spend far too much time debating utility infielders and inter-office promotions :-)

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 9 months later...
Was she good at her job in Milwaukee? Serious question.

she was roving, so her job wasn't just in milwaukee. she traveled to all of the minor league affiliates to work with hitting coaches and players.

Thanks for the clarification...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I didn't see many hitters thriving under her guidance...

I don't know, but two "analytically-driven" teams have given her a job, so she's probably got a pretty good head on her shoulders and probably has a good future in the game.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

It's hard to gauge job peformance from outside the organization, but between a number of our minor league hitters having impressive seasons & her accepting what is presumably a promotion to a front office position, I'll say she probably did a pretty good job.

Her tenure with the team was all of 10 months. I'm not sure that is long enough to make any sort of determination on her job performance.

I'd say the Astros felt they saw enough to hire her away from the Crew.