Brewer Fanatic

lhp blaine hardy returned to minor leagues

djoctagone

blaine hardy has been signed to a minor league deal and invited to big league camp.

hardy appears to have one minor league option remaining, but has been outrighted to the minor leagues before.

the brewers now have six non-roster invitees in camp.

Must feel pretty good about recovery from his 2020 TJ surgery then.

Was wondering why he didn't pitch at all last year. Pretty shrewd move though. He wasn't signed for AAA depth. I'm sure he's viewed as a guy to replace Alex Claudio. May need a month at AAA to get his groove.

Not a hard thrower whatsoever (tops out at about 89), but he's had decent enough numbers throughout his career. Anyone that can put up an ERA in the mid 3s pitching in the AL East has some talent. He also made 13 starts for the Tigers in 2018, and held his own, so that is encouraging. He's an intriguing pickup as a flyer.

Not a hard thrower whatsoever (tops out at about 89), but he's had decent enough numbers throughout his career. Anyone that can put up an ERA in the mid 3s pitching in the AL East has some talent. He also made 13 starts for the Tigers in 2018, and held his own, so that is encouraging. He's an intriguing pickup as a flyer.

AL Central, he's only been with the Tigers.

D'oh! I'm dumb, and apparently still living in 1993.

D'oh! I'm dumb, and apparently still living in 1993.

Still solid addition to replace Claudio.

But did we give up a draft choice so we have something to really complain about?
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I don't know if he can replace Claudio as Claudio is much better against left handed hitters but Hardy is pretty even against right and left handed hitters so could be a solid addition with today's bullpen rules.

This gave me flashbacks to the early days of my marriage when my wife swooned over JJ.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
blaine hardy has his contract selected. he has an option remaining. unsure if when one of the relievers he is replacing on the roster is cleared to come back, whether or not he can removed from the 40-man roster without outright waivers.

• 2 weeks later...

blaine hardy has been returned to the minor leagues. no dfa. no outright waivers. he's just returned to the minor leagues, and has been removed from the 40-man roster.

this is a special provision when there's a covid outbreak that allows the club to control the rights to replacement players.

Archived