Brewer Fanatic

Justin Turner

PDCBalla
  • Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm still not sure how'd I feel about signing Turner. Don't get me wrong he's an upgrade for this group that needs a 3B. For LA, he's a luxery; they don't need him but I do think the Brewers will have to overpay in years to get him here. How many games can we expect him to play at this point, 115?

So, in other words - we might need to hope that the Dodgers step up their offer and sign Bauer here soon, which may then open the door for us to sign JT (hopefully without the guaranteed 3rd year?).

I dont think there's a chance we get him at 2 yrs.

If Dodgers sign Bauer, Mets will scoop up Turner.

I'm still not sure how'd I feel about signing Turner. Don't get me wrong he's an upgrade for this group that needs a 3B. For LA, he's a luxery; they don't need him but I do think the Brewers will have to overpay in years to get him here. How many games can we expect him to play at this point, 115?

Turner has only played less than 115 once in the last five non-COVID seasons. I think 120-130 is possible, if not realistic.

Yes, no way do we get Turner. Just like there was no way we were signing Wong. A lot of people shouting that we don't spend money and it just continues to get proven wrong, over and over again. I get that fans complain about things as that is what fans do but that line is abused to the point where it is a running joke.

The Brewers can sign Turner. They have their offer that they feel is right for the organization. If Turner doesn't get a better offer elsewhere, he will more than likely be a Brewer.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Turner is almost a perfect fit for the Brewers. He fills a huge hole at 3b and fits what we need on offense as a great OBP guy. He and Wong would allow for Yelich and Huira to be hitting with guys on base. The back end of the lineup with Garcia, Cain, Narvaez, and Arcia would not be bad at all. You also have depth with Urias, Pina, Robertson, Voglebach.

Turner is almost a perfect fit for the Brewers. He fills a huge hole at 3b and fits what we need on offense as a great OBP guy. He and Wong would allow for Yelich and Huira to be hitting with guys on base. The back end of the lineup with Garcia, Cain, Narvaez, and Arcia would not be bad at all. You also have depth with Urias, Pina, Robertson, Voglebach.

Have to agree. Adding Turners bat, getting Cain back, and just having Yelich, Hiura, and Narvaez revert back closer to their norms makes the offensive outlook much brighter to me.

Braun is just waiting to see us make the moves needed and then he will be back.

I have to believe the addition of Turner with Wong would get Braun excited to return. I wouldn't rule out trading Cain with Brewers picking up a portion of his remaining salary either to free up cash for both Turner and Braun.

I think Braun is as good as retired, and that the team is fine with that. As am I. Trading Cain creates the need for a CF, and I think that Cains defense alone is still worth more to the team than whatever Braun brings at this point. Hiura at 1B also removes one potential spot for Braun. If they trade Cain to free up money for Turner (Unlikely to begin with IMO) it shouldn't be to also get Braun back, but rather to find a replacement CF. Taylor might be a decent player, but I don't want to make him a starter yet. I actually believe in Garcia, but only as a RF and not in CF. Even if Cain is paid more than we'd like at this point I still believe him a good player. We sorely missed his defense last year.

Have to agree. Adding Turners bat, getting Cain back, and just having Yelich, Hiura, and Narvaez revert back closer to their norms makes the offensive outlook much brighter to me.

Completely agree. All those pieces in place with the bullpen we have and Woodruff, Burnes at the top gives me optimism. No idea the likelihood on Turner at this point but if we could at a veteran starter to provide depth and insurance I would be pretty pumped going into the year.

The fact that it was mentioned on Twitter last night and didn’t immediately happen leads me to believe it will not. Seems like with the Brewers, once news is leaked, it almost immediately is confirmed.

Not saying it won’t happen but that seems to be the usual.

Probably the Turner camp's way of telling the Dodgers "OK guys, this is your last chance." I think the Dodgers are probably his preference, but he'll end up going where there is more security. This is his last big contract, so he's gotta make the most of it.

The fact that it was mentioned on Twitter last night and didn’t immediately happen leads me to believe it will not. Seems like with the Brewers, once news is leaked, it almost immediately is confirmed.

Not saying it won’t happen but that seems to be the usual.

Probably the Turner camp's way of telling the Dodgers "OK guys, this is your last chance." I think the Dodgers are probably his preference, but he'll end up going where there is more security. This is his last big contract, so he's gotta make the most of it.

I think this is possible if not probable. Turner's camp has every reason to float interest to get the Dodgers to play ball. My bet continues to be that he's got a 2-year deal from LA and a 3-year deal from the Brewers/someone else for similar AAVs, and he's trying to either get the Dodgers to add the 3rd year as well or up their AAV.

Alright, Stearns confirmed that Keston will be manning 1B... Now go get Turner to play 3B!

Also, I guess the Mets gave Bauer Noon ET deadline on the deal... Hopefully he says no to Mets and the Dodgers sign him and then we sign Turner!

Deesha

@DeeshaThosar

Mets should get an answer on Trevor Bauer’s decision today, per a source.

This from a Mets beat reporter.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Knowing our luck Bauer will go to the Dodgers, we’ll get all excited about Turner coming here and then the Dodgers will find some extra money and just re-sign him anyway.

Don't even throw that out there!!!!!!!! Haha

Robert Murray of FanSided reports the Brewers are still interested in signing free agent third baseman Justin Turner.

There seemed to be a thought that the Brewers would be out on Turner after they signed Kolten Wong, but that doesn't appear to be the case. Murray does not think that the Dodgers are still favorites to land the right-handed hitting infielder, but there's at least some competition. Turner was good in 2020 with a .307/.400/.460 line in 175 plate appearances, and he'd certainly help lengthen the Brewers' - or any other club's - lineup.

RELATED: Milwaukee Brewers

SOURCE: Robert Murray on Twitter

Feb 4, 2021, 9:11 PM ET

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Knowing our luck Bauer will go to the Dodgers, we’ll get all excited about Turner coming here and then the Dodgers will find some extra money and just re-sign him anyway.

Just a suggestion ... it might be a good idea to temper your enthusiasm a bit. Get too worked up, and it's easier to implode if/when it doesn't happen.

I'm kinda looking at it that if it happens, great ... happy surprise. If it doesn't, oh well, it was a longshot anyway.

Robert Murray of FanSided reports the Brewers are still interested in signing free agent third baseman Justin Turner.

There seemed to be a thought that the Brewers would be out on Turner after they signed Kolten Wong, but that doesn't appear to be the case. Murray does not think that the Dodgers are still favorites to land the right-handed hitting infielder, but there's at least some competition. Turner was good in 2020 with a .307/.400/.460 line in 175 plate appearances, and he'd certainly help lengthen the Brewers' - or any other club's - lineup.

RELATED: Milwaukee Brewers

SOURCE: Robert Murray on Twitter

Feb 4, 2021, 9:11 PM ET

I assume that is supposed to say the Dodgers are still the favorites? I think it probably hinges on Bauer. If he goes to the Mets then the Dodgers have a lot of money left to spend.

Just a suggestion ... it might be a good idea to temper your enthusiasm a bit. Get too worked up, and it's easier to implode if/when it doesn't happen.

I'm kinda looking at it that if it happens, great ... happy surprise. If it doesn't, oh well, it was a longshot anyway.

Oh I know, I'm almost 99% sure Turner won't be a Brewer but OMG the thought of it... EXACTLY what we need.

Archived