Brewer Fanatic

Justin Turner

PDCBalla
  • Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So how far do you go to get Turner at this point? He probably should be a 2 year signing for someone. The Brewers might need to go three in order to get him over the Dodgers. It's probably a bad idea, but is anyone here really not excited if they went 3 years with an option for a 4th to pry him away from the Dodgers? How low does the money need to be for that not to be a horrible deal? Does he value the years over the annual amount enough to do something like 3/$30M plus a $6M option of some sort? This would be for his age 36, 37, 38, and possibly 39 seasons, but also keep in mind there is a very, very good chance we'll have the DH for most of those years.

What do you think it would take and what's your threshhold before you say, "nah, I'm good with Urias/Robertson"?

I'll believe it when I see it, but this really is a year to go for it, with the NL Central looking unusually weak and Yelich still in the peak years of his mega-contract.

Say they sign Turner, do you trade Arcia? Or Urias?

Plenty of AB to go around at SS/3B between Urias, Arcia, and an often-injured Justin Turner

So how far do you go to get Turner at this point? He probably should be a 2 year signing for someone. The Brewers might need to go three in order to get him over the Dodgers. It's probably a bad idea, but is anyone here really not excited if they went 3 years with an option for a 4th to pry him away from the Dodgers? How low does the money need to be for that not to be a horrible deal? Does he value the years over the annual amount enough to do something like 3/$30M plus a $6M option of some sort? This would be for his age 36, 37, 38, and possibly 39 seasons, but also keep in mind there is a very, very good chance we'll have the DH for most of those years.

What do you think it would take and what's your threshhold before you say, "nah, I'm good with Urias/Robertson"?

I'm assuming the Brewers and the Dodgers both have 2 year deals out there for him and he is waiting for that 3rd year before signing.

I would do 3 years, 39 million with a 5 million buyout on year 3.

MLB Trade rumors predicted 2 years, 24 million fwiw.

vs. RHP

Wong- 2B

Yelich- LF

Turner- 3B

Hiura- 1B

Vogelbach- DH

Garcia- RF / Braun- RF

Narvaez- C

Cain- CF

Arcia- SS

Vs LHP

Cain- CF

Yelich- LF

Turner- 3B

Hiura- 1B

Braun- DH

Garcia- RF

Wong- 2B

Pina- C

Urias- SS

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Braun is just waiting to see us make the moves needed and then he will be back.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Justin Turner may still be a long shot for the Brewers, but if we’re looking for some reasons (albeit very small) for positivity:

- Turner and his wife RV’d around the Midwest this off-season, and at one point were in Wisconsin.

- Turner’s wife grew up in Indiana, and presumably still has family there (although she’s a Bears fans, unfortunately :) ).

- Turner and Daniel Robertson work out at the same facility near LA.

- The Dodgers could be spending a ton of money (> $30 million AAV) on Trevor Bauer very soon.

These are minor things and likely all meaningless. If the Brewers get him it will be because they offered a superior contract to the Dodgers and Braves.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Really hope the Brewers sign Turner.

Robert Murray

@ByRobertMurray

·

2h

Sources: Brewers still in play for free-agent third baseman Justin Turner even after agreeing to deal with Kolten Wong. Most view the Dodgers as the favorite for Turner, but the Brewers are interested.

10:05 AM · Feb 5, 2021

Mentioned in the Wong thread, pretty sure Turner was thought of only signing to teams he saw as competitive, that may have lead to Wong's signing to entice Turner enough to come to Milwaukee. Turner gives Milw a set lineup when healthy. Wong Cain Yelich Turner Hiura Narvaez Garcia Arcia/Urias.

Okay, bear with me in this. I was just reading FanGraphs positional rankings from 2020 and they mentioned that prior to getting Mookie Betts, the Dodgers were thinking of moving Turner over to 1b as he has the ability “to play just about everywhere”.

What if....

What if the plan is to get Turner to play 1B and there still is a trade in place with Huira to the Indians for Ramierez?!!

Seriously...

Wong

Cain

Yelich

Ramirez

Turner

Garcia

Narvaez

Pitcher

Arcia

Wong

Cain

Yelich

Ramirez

Turner

Braun-DH

Garcia

Narvaez

Arcia

A thing of beauty

Braun is just waiting to see us make the moves needed and then he will be back.

I have to believe the addition of Turner with Wong would get Braun excited to return. I wouldn't rule out trading Cain with Brewers picking up a portion of his remaining salary either to free up cash for both Turner and Braun.

I wonder if the Dodgers are just waiting to see if they can get Bauer and if they do, that probably means they move on from Turner?

I can totally see that.... Otherwise I think they would have resigned Turner a long time ago.

Archived