Brewer Fanatic

Justin Turner

PDCBalla
  • Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe LA would look at Bryant as a 1yr deal who would cost just a few mil more than Turner(if Cubs didn't send any cash) Theres also the fact that Bryant has a big year they QO him and certainly somebody will bite and pay him. That or Bryant accepts at 18? Mil the following season. Kody Hoese a 1st rd pick is lurking. Don't know what progress he made in 2020 but his timeline was for 2022 prior. Not sure LA wants to block a top prospect of theirs with any contract longer than 2yrs. Turner slhas to feel this is his last chance at a big contract(thus 4yr ask) Just having a 3yr offer may be what wins Turner.

Essentially remember weve had a big signing each of last 3 seasons. Only last year the signing was Yelich's extension. I'm still holding out for that 1 big signing this offseason.

Maybe LA would look at Bryant as a 1yr deal who would cost just a few mil more than Turner(if Cubs didn't send any cash) Theres also the fact that Bryant has a big year they QO him and certainly somebody will bite and pay him. That or Bryant accepts at 18? Mil the following season. Kody Hoese a 1st rd pick is lurking. Don't know what progress he made in 2020 but his timeline was for 2022 prior. Not sure LA wants to block a top prospect of theirs with any contract longer than 2yrs. Turner slhas to feel this is his last chance at a big contract(thus 4yr ask) Just having a 3yr offer may be what wins Turner.

Essentially remember weve had a big signing each of last 3 seasons. Only last year the signing was Yelich's extension. I'm still holding out for that 1 big signing this offseason.

But they have to give up prospects to get him, maybe the dont want to do that.

They can easily just resign Turner.

But they have to give up prospects to get him, maybe the dont want to do that.

They can easily just resign Turner.

All the Dodgers would likely have to do is pretty much take on Bryant's contract. He isn't going to be worth much in prospects.

Dodgers have lots of flexibility on their roster. If they don't want to give Turner a third year, or whatever else their limit is, they can look somewhere else. Wouldn't be shocked for example if they signed Ozuna, moved Bellinger to 1B and Muncy to 3B.

At the end of the day though, we need to overpay to get him to come here most likely

Dodgers have lots of flexibility on their roster. If they don't want to give Turner a third year, or whatever else their limit is, they can look somewhere else. Wouldn't be shocked for example if they signed Ozuna, moved Bellinger to 1B and Muncy to 3B.

At the end of the day though, we need to overpay to get him to come here most likely

The Dodgers also have some potentially good future third baseman waiting in the wings like Edwin Rios and Kody Hoese.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

I think the Dodgers are trying to get someone on a 1-year deal or at most a 2-year deal since they will need to figure out if they want to sign Seager next year or someone else like Lindor or Correa. They could just move Muncy to 3B and that would be the cheaper option which would allow them to sign one of Lindor, Correa or Seager next year in FA. Bryant also makes sense here as it would just be a 1-year deal which would fall in line with their thinking of signing one of Lindor, Correa or Seager next off season. Before the Arenado trade I would put the Brewers chances at 30% of signing Turner and after the Arenado trade I would put it at about a 5% chance of happening now.

Hope this isnt true but dude on Twitter said Turner to Braves for 3 yrs, $33 mil.

If they get him for that, I’ll be super pissed.

You mean the guy with 1 follower?

Correct, I asked him who his source was.

Sources: Brewers still in play for free-agent third baseman Justin Turner even after agreeing to deal with Kolten Wong. Most view the Dodgers as the favorite for Turner, but the Brewers are interested.

Really goes against the we don't have any money crowd....

Sources: Brewers still in play for free-agent third baseman Justin Turner even after agreeing to deal with Kolten Wong. Most view the Dodgers as the favorite for Turner, but the Brewers are interested.

Really goes against the we don't have any money crowd....

I mean Mark did just recently sell his investment business. Maybe he’s going to surprise us the next few years with how they spend? :)

OMG that would be something... Adding Wong and Turner when we supposedly lost a ton of money.

Wong

Cain

Yelich

Turner

Hiura

Oh man, I like that!

Even extending that down to the 6 hole with Narvaez and that lineup looks solid! A nice bounce back season from him at .260/.350/.800 like he had the two prior seasons and we will be looking at a very good offense!

Archived