Brewer Fanatic

Marcus Semien

baumer16
I would think that if they sign Semian, they would let him play the premium position (shortstop), leaving Urias as our third baseman with Arcia as a utility guy.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Or perhaps Arcia is worthy trade bait? He's no All-Star, but he's still got more going for him that what at least some other teams have at SS.

I'm not suggesting he'd bring any great return on his own, but he's not chopped liver and we don't have a lot of realistically tradable assets who wouldn't simply open a different hole in the roster by their departure.

Damnit, not sure how legit but seeing on Twitter, Semien to Toronto... 1 yr, $18 mil.

If true, we were never serious contenders then, no chance we would throw 18 million in on him...

Buzzkill.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Where do these rumors come from? I figured he would be looking at something like 4/$52 or 1/$16-$18. Can't see how we were going to get in that neighborhood. Turner could be looking at something similar for a 1 year deal, maybe a bit more. Another one I just don't see as realistic.

Where do these rumors come from? I figured he would be looking at something like 4/$52 or 1/$16-$18. Can't see how we were going to get in that neighborhood. Turner could be looking at something similar for a 1 year deal, maybe a bit more. Another one I just don't see as realistic.

They are not rumors the Brewers truly did meet with Semien and have met with Turner and a few other free agents.

I just can't see the big deal about Semien. 2015: .257/.310/.715 OPS

2016: .238/.300/ .735

2017: .249/.325/.722

2018: .255/.318/.706

2019: .289/.385/.892

2020: .223/.305/.679

Pretty decent for a SS, but is he really a difference maker?

I agree completely.

I just can't see the big deal about Semien. 2015: .257/.310/.715 OPS

2016: .238/.300/ .735

2017: .249/.325/.722

2018: .255/.318/.706

2019: .289/.385/.892

2020: .223/.305/.679

Pretty decent for a SS, but is he really a difference maker?

As a SS, yes.

They are not rumors the Brewers truly did meet with Semien and have met with Turner and a few other free agents.

Rumors was perhaps a poor word choice. Unless the Brewers actually do make an even semi-significant signing, I just can't believe that they were serious suitors for guys like Semien or Turner. Rosario I could possibly see them being in the ballpark money-wise but still not sure about adding another outfielder.

Archived