Brewer Fanatic

Happy 3 Years

wibadgers23
Three years ago today, the Brewers acquired both Yelich and Cain within just a couple hours of each other. Probably one of the greatest days in Brewers history, certainly in offseason history. I would say that day has worked out pretty well for the Brewers.

Three years ago today, the Brewers acquired both Yelich and Cain within just a couple hours of each other. Probably one of the greatest days in Brewers history, certainly in offseason history. I would say that day has worked out pretty well for the Brewers.

But not last year.... Yelich hit .205 and Cain chose not to play.

Last year was just weird and we were an average to below average team but we’ve made the playoffs every year since Yelich and Cain were acquired. As a lifelong Brewers fan who suffered through the 90s and early 2000s, three years in a row being in the playoffs is absolutely incredible.

We'll see how the Cain deal turns out, as the final years of any contract signed with someone over 30 are the most suspect. The first year was great, the second so-so, and he opted out of the third. I'm hoping he comes out strong this year, but we won't know until it happens.

The Yelich trade can only be seen as a huge win. There's a chance that we'll regret the extension he signed, but that was a separate move from the trade. The trade was one of the best moves the Brewers have ever made.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
These deals are starting to age about as well as convenience store sushi.

What exactly are you trying to say here? That the Yelich trade and the Cain signing weren't quality moves? Because I would beg to differ.

[sarcasm]Maybe he likes the sushi?[/sarcasm]

Archived