Brewer Fanatic

2021 Misc. MLB News

TURBO

Saw Eugenio Suarez made two errors at SS yesterday. Will be interesting to see how long the Reds stick with their jumbo infield alignment.

The offense will be very hard to give up. In a way, I hope the Crew goes to that sometimes.

The offense is irrelevant if you give up more runs on defense because you're putting more guys on.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MLB scheduling is weird. Like, a day off in the middle of a series? After one game? A day game nonetheless? Why?

Then they have 3 week stretches without a day off later in the season. Why all the days off early in the season when everyone is raring to go?

The typical opening series make up day that is built in in case of bad weather. I don't see why it's necessary in Milwaukee with the roof but I guess maybe trying to avoid a loss of game to Covid like the Mets vs. Nats series.
"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

The typical opening series make up day that is built in in case of bad weather. I don't see why it's necessary in Milwaukee with the roof but I guess maybe trying to avoid a loss of game to Covid like the Mets vs. Nats series.

It's because they're playing the Twins and due to the balanced interleague schedule can't play a four-game series.

It's because they're playing the Twins and due to the balanced interleague schedule can't play a four-game series.

You're probably right. The last two times (2017 & 2019) the Brewers had home openers the make-up day wasn't built into the schedule. Both were also 4 game series. Now I'm annoyed. Haha

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Cards shouldn't act like such knobs about it, but Castellanos was an ass there. Totally un neceassary.

Had he done that to the Brewers, I only hope that we'd have the balls to go after him, but highly doubtful.

EDIT: Castellanos was the only player ejected.

Edited by turborickey
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Cards shouldn't act like such knobs about it, but Castellanos was an ass there. Totally un neceassary.

Had he done that to the Brewers, I only hope that we'd have the balls to go after him, but highly doubtful.

Castellanos had a reason to react like he did.

Had another player thrown a 92 mph projectile at one of our players on purpose, I only hope that we'd be an ass about it when we score later.

It's stupid to get ejected for flexing, he didn't hit anybody. If any body should have been ejected was Molina.

I find it oddly satisfying that Baseball Mogul's roster setup always has Molina on the bench. For the 2020 season, Matt Wieters was ahead. For 2021? Tyler Heineman.

Castellanos had a reason to react like he did.

As soon as he got hit Yadi was jawing. It was on purpose, there's no doubt. That guy needs a heater to the dome so bad. Trash human.

Something I would love to see, and yes this is my card hatred talking, is to see teams intentionally break the unwritten rules against the cards. Goad them into more of this stuff. Eventually fighting those battles will cost them.

Something I would love to see, and yes this is my card hatred talking, is to see teams intentionally break the unwritten rules against the cards. Goad them into more of this stuff. Eventually fighting those battles will cost them.

That would be fun but how about opposing players and coaches simply calling them out on it? Castellanos licking Yadi's boots to the press after the game was beyond weak. All you have to do is point out that the Cards and Yadi specifically are involved in by far the most bench clearing incidents every year. MLB has constantly said they want to crack down on beanball wars and especially benches clearing now because of COVID. How about they give a real punishment to the biggest instigators in all this? Suspend Molina 10 games, 20 games. And any player that leaves the dugout or bullpen or charges the mound gets the same. MLB needs to grow a pair and do something about this. Especially serial turds like Yadier Molina.

Never qualify nor apologize for your Card hatred. Never! It's like breathing.

Castellanos suspended 2 games, 0 for Molina or anyone else. What a freaking joke.

A bunch of players were fined though.

Arenado, Hicks, Molina from the Cardinals and Eugenio Suárez and Jesse Winker from the Reds were fined but no amount yet disclosed.

Castellanos suspended 2 games, 0 for Molina or anyone else. What a freaking joke.

If I'm Castellanos what I take from this is, "Well, I guess I might as well throw some punches if I'm going to get suspended anyway."

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Castellanos will probably get 1 game eventually.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

That would be fun but how about opposing players and coaches simply calling them out on it? Castellanos licking Yadi's boots to the press after the game was beyond weak. All you have to do is point out that the Cards and Yadi specifically are involved in by far the most bench clearing incidents every year. MLB has constantly said they want to crack down on beanball wars and especially benches clearing now because of COVID. How about they give a real punishment to the biggest instigators in all this? Suspend Molina 10 games, 20 games. And any player that leaves the dugout or bullpen or charges the mound gets the same. MLB needs to grow a pair and do something about this. Especially serial turds like Yadier Molina.

Is it safe to make a guess that the White Sox will be joining this list? LaRussa is the king of the retaliation.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)