Brewer Fanatic

2021 Misc. MLB News

TURBO

Drew Rasmussen (5 IP) and Pete Fairbanks, JT Chargois, David Robertson, Andrew Kittredge (1 IP each) just shut out the Blue Jays with 3 H | 1 BB | 6 K.

Rasmussen has been really good lately. He was the guy I didnt want to lose. JP hasnt been very good since coming back from injury.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drew Rasmussen (5 IP) and Pete Fairbanks, JT Chargois, David Robertson, Andrew Kittredge (1 IP each) just shut out the Blue Jays with 3 H | 1 BB | 6 K.

Rasmussen has been really good lately. He was the guy I didnt want to lose. JP hasnt been very good since coming back from injury.

I'm sure Rasmussen was the prize of that deal for the Rays. Bonus points if they turn him into a legit starting pitcher. That seems somewhat unlikely given his injury history, but the Rays do some funky things with their pitchers. He's definitely got a ton of talent.

Not news related but-

I went all the way back to 1992 looking at the standings because I noticed Arizona currently is more games behind 1st than they have wins. Baltimore has 46wins being 43.5 behind.

I noticed this occurred I believe it was 4 times in the span from 1992 to 2020. But never 2 teams accomplishing the (de)feat. Seeing the standings as 4 divisions as I hit 1993 or 1994 I assumed it was likely impossible going back further. Just a thing I picked up on.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Cubs lose again by over 7, after leading by 7...

Buster Olney @Buster_ESPN

2h

FROM ELIAS: The Cubs are the 1st team in MLB history to lose twice in a season by 8+ runs after leading by 7+ runs. They lost 15-7 vs the Brewers on June 30 when leading 7-0. They lost 17-8 today after leading 7-0.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

La Russa being more La Russa. Pitcher throws one behind Othani and hits him with another then gets tossed. La Russa argues and gets tossed. Says there was no intent even though his star players were hit earlier in the series. Maybe there was intent, maybe there wasn't but he has no benefit of the doubt based on his history.

Nice to see Brett Phillips have some success this season. We all know what he brings to,the table defensively but the this season in 270 at bats he has 13 homers and a 746 ops……even if his batting average is still low.

You forgot to add his pitching line.. lol :laughing :laughing

You knew me as Myday2001.

Jesus Sanchez is an OUTFIELDER and made a running barehanded catch.

If you have a chance, look it up, just unreal.

https://www.mlb.com/video/jesus-luzardo-in-play-out-s-to-lane-thomas-nxis2c

Ha! That was pretty cool. I like the big smile he had afterward. He knew he got lucky.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Braves recalled INF/OF Orlando Arcia from Triple-A Gwinnett.

The 27-year-old former top prospect has batted just .169/.224/.268 with two home runs and one stolen base over 30 games (76 plate appearances) this season between Milwaukee and Atlanta.

It would totally suck if he gets a BIG hit against us in the playoffs...Then again, I highly doubt he makes the playoff roster.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Braves recalled INF/OF Orlando Arcia from Triple-A Gwinnett.

The 27-year-old former top prospect has batted just .169/.224/.268 with two home runs and one stolen base over 30 games (76 plate appearances) this season between Milwaukee and Atlanta.

It would totally suck if he gets a BIG hit against us in the playoffs...Then again, I highly doubt he makes the playoff roster.

He's really shined in the big moment when it's come, and what bigger moment is there than a critical at bat in the playoffs against the team that traded you as more of a punt than anything? As you said though, hard to see him making the roster barring injury. If he was fast he'd have a better shot, but the plus glove as his only real tool isn't quite enough.

Anyone following card gate?

Blue Jays drill Keirmeier because yesterday he picked up the catcher's scouting report card after a play at the plate. Joe West actually does something I can support and tosses the pitcher. Jays pitching coach goes ballistic and also gets tossed. Jays bench gives high fives to the pitcher as he gets to the dugout. Of all the petty things players get drilled for this is certainly near the top of the list. And it was so important that they get retaliation that they waited until the 8th inning of a 7-2 game they were going to lose and had a nobody pitcher do it.

Kiermaier said at the moment he picked it up he thought it was his own card. Even if it wasn't, that is not the kind of stuff you throw at someone for. Just idiotic. MLB could honestly put an end to this kind of idiocy by handing out 30 - 60 game suspensions for this kind of stuff, but they won't because "baseball".

Kiermaier said at the moment he picked it up he thought it was his own card. Even if it wasn't, that is not the kind of stuff you throw at someone for. Just idiotic. MLB could honestly put an end to this kind of idiocy by handing out 30 - 60 game suspensions for this kind of stuff, but they won't because "baseball".

In order to hand out that kind of suspension, they better be damn sure the guy was 100% throwing at someone.

I don't think they can ever know this for certain outside an admittance by the pitcher...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

They won't because the MLBPA is not going to allow such a ridiculous suspension.

EDIT: I finally saw the video of him picking up the card. What a douchebag. He clearly knew it wasn't his and blatantly handed it off to a coach. Well well deserved beaning.