Brewer Fanatic

2021 Misc. MLB News

TURBO

Diamondbacks reliever LHP Tyler Gilbert, a 27-year old rule 5 draft pick last December (from the Dodgers), just threw a no hitter against the Padres in his first career MLB start.

He didn’t pitch during last year’s COVID season and worked as an electrician in the family business.

How can you not be romantic about baseball?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe anyone over the age of 35 who grew up with the movie didn't get hit right in the feels when the teams emerged from the cornfield, that was one of the coolest things I've seen.

As far as next year's game, I'll guess it's Cubs and Reds. If you look at the August schedule next season, both teams have an off day Thursday the 11th before starting a weekend series the next day. They could bump the Friday game up a day and leave Friday as a potential make-up day for a rainout the same way they did it with the Sox and Yankees this year.

Being in Iowa, it would be cool if they kept this as a midwest thing. Due to it being a single game, I can see the home team always being from somewhere close so that it's a quick flight to the rest of the series. I'm not sure if you'll see the Dodgers and Giants, for example, fly to Iowa for a game and then back to California.

Thought I saw Cubs Angels for next year. Though the logos were small.

I can't believe anyone over the age of 35 who grew up with the movie didn't get hit right in the feels when the teams emerged from the cornfield, that was one of the coolest things I've seen.

As far as next year's game, I'll guess it's Cubs and Reds. If you look at the August schedule next season, both teams have an off day Thursday the 11th before starting a weekend series the next day. They could bump the Friday game up a day and leave Friday as a potential make-up day for a rainout the same way they did it with the Sox and Yankees this year.

Being in Iowa, it would be cool if they kept this as a midwest thing. Due to it being a single game, I can see the home team always being from somewhere close so that it's a quick flight to the rest of the series. I'm not sure if you'll see the Dodgers and Giants, for example, fly to Iowa for a game and then back to California.

The Cubs don't play the Angels next year. The schedule is out, the NL Central plays the AL East in interleague.

The Cubs don't play the Angels next year. The schedule is out, the NL Central plays the AL East in interleague.

Good point! I'm wondering what I saw then!

Found it via twitter. Fan made one. Guessing what they were hoping to see. That's what I get for not looking and reading closer.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Sounds like it's Cubs vs Reds next year at the Field of Dreams
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Padres have run out of ideas to solves their pitching problems

Quite possibly the best thing that could have happened to the Reds today.

Arrieta had one good game in the last three months, and it was against the Padres.

Sounds like it's Cubs vs Reds next year at the Field of Dreams

I'm surprised this is an every year type thing. It will remain special if they skip a year or two in between appearances.

Bauer hearing went forward today.

The victim testified that Bauer told her he used "Spider Tack" for grip.

Dude is such a slimeball. For months he went on and on about the "sweat and rosin" garbage.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/32037072/woman-testifies-los-angeles-dodgers-pitcher-trevor-bauer-first-day-restraining-order-hearing

I thought his view on the grip stuff was kinda clear even though he couldn't straight up say it. He complained so many people were doing it. But when they didn't crack down, he basically said 'fine, I'm gonna do it too'. Really not unlike what Bonds did. but yea, that's the least of his worries at this point.

Padres have run out of ideas to solves their pitching problems

Quite possibly the best thing that could have happened to the Reds today.

Arrieta had one good game in the last three months, and it was against the Padres.

Reds aren't unhappy and neither am I. Great thing about living in Illinois is the ability to make a nice profit when Arrieta starts.

Dude is such a slimeball. For months he went on and on about the "sweat and rosin" garbage.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/32037072/woman-testifies-los-angeles-dodgers-pitcher-trevor-bauer-first-day-restraining-order-hearing

That's frankly a bit interesting I'll say of her to mention spider tack at all, how is that remotely relevant to the far more serious allegations he's facing? Like, if all else fails you at least want him getting trouble from MLB for cheating? I would say this hurts her credibility quite a bit if the evidence that's been made public wasn't so overwhelming and disgusting.

Regarding spider tack, I think his deal was he spoke out against the use of sticky stuff for a while and came to the conclusion to do it himself to try and get MLB to actually do something about it to level the playing field.

That's frankly a bit interesting I'll say of her to mention spider tack at all, how is that remotely relevant to the far more serious allegations he's facing? Like, if all else fails you at least want him getting trouble from MLB for cheating? I would say this hurts her credibility quite a bit if the evidence that's been made public wasn't so overwhelming and disgusting.

Regarding spider tack, I think his deal was he spoke out against the use of sticky stuff for a while and came to the conclusion to do it himself to try and get MLB to actually do something about it to level the playing field.

The article only mentions it very briefly in the 2nd to last paragraph. There's no context so we don't know the question that was asked but I assume they wanted to know exactly what was discussed prior to all the other stuff that happened.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

They may be asking about the spider tack because anything they can use to attack his character would prove useful. That would be my assumption in that case anyways.

If he has previously lied about using spider tack, what else might he lie about? And yes, it sounds like a stretch, but these are lawyers we're talking about, and they will use any thing at all to get to where they want to go.

Because an author on ESPN decides to include a line about spider tack from her hours, and I mean hours, of testimony, you conclude it hurts her credibility. Was she asked about Spider tack? You don't know the context. Yet you choose to rationalize on behalf of Bauer about why he would use it. Gross.

Because an author on ESPN decides to include a line about spider tack from her hours, and I mean hours, of testimony, you conclude it hurts her credibility. Was she asked about Spider tack? You don't know the context. Yet you choose to rationalize on behalf of Bauer about why he would use it. Gross.

Well it was included because she said it I assume. If you literally read the second half of the sentence you made bold, I very clearly am NOT rationalizing what he allegedly did. I apologize if you got so triggered by the bolded part that you couldn't bother finishing reading the post or even the sentence. Rationalizing why he used spider tack is not rationalizing what he's alleged to have done, so I'm not sure what's gross here