Brewer Fanatic

2021 Misc. MLB News

TURBO

Saw that Madison Bumgarner got a standing O from the crowd before his first game back in San Francisco with fans in the stands since he signed with Arizona.

Thought the dynamic was kind of funny, MadBum putting up middling results for the worst team in baseball while his old teammates are thriving on the team with the best record in MLB.

Thought it was extra funny considering this quote from MadBum after signing with the DBacks, "First and foremost, winning is what the whole decision was based on," Bumgarner said. "Being with a team, that in my mind, plays my brand of baseball. Plays the way I like to play."

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw that Madison Bumgarner got a standing O from the crowd before his first game back in San Francisco with fans in the stands since he signed with Arizona.

Thought the dynamic was kind of funny, MadBum putting up middling results for the worst team in baseball while his old teammates are thriving on the team with the best record in MLB.

Thought it was extra funny considering this quote from MadBum after signing with the DBacks, "First and foremost, winning is what the whole decision was based on," Bumgarner said. "Being with a team, that in my mind, plays my brand of baseball. Plays the way I like to play."

They were thanking him for not saddling the Giants with that contract.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Trea Turner with the coolest looking slide of all time:

https://www.mlb.com/news/trea-turner-s-awesome-slide-at-home-plate

Does he figure skate in his free time, because that is exactly what that made me think of.

I've watched it like 15 times. It almost looks fake.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

So does this Field of Dreams game count in the standings or is this an exhibition?

It's a league game. Everything counts.

I didn't think I would like it, but it's been an entertaining broadcast.

I didn't think I would like it, but it's been an entertaining broadcast.

Watching Jose Abreu, who literally had to be smuggled out of Cuba, hit a bomb in the middle of an Iowa cornfield was pretty cool.

Field of Dreams indeed.

they should do this every year but rotate it to different small town ballparks.

edit: wow, what an ending!

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Anderson with an absolute monster walk off. What a fun game to watch.

That right there is why baseball is still an awesome game. I grew up watching that movie, and MLB actually did a terrific job of incorporating it into a modern day game. Having the players from both teams come out of the corn field before the game and greet Kevin Costner in their throwback unis was so incredibly hokey and awesome at the same time. And that ending? Phenomenal!

Really well done, MLB. Really well done!

Part of me wonders if they didn't find a way to use a little juicier ball tonight just to make the game (potentially) more fun/interesting/ and tilted toward offense. Part of me wouldn't care if that were the case. Most of me knows that they probably didn't do that.

They needed to put James Earl Jones' speech over Costner standing there... and then have the players walk out. Would've been sooo much awesomer!

Really disappointed they didnt use the 'one constant' speech.

You knew me as Myday2001.

Part of me wonders if they didn't find a way to use a little juicier ball tonight just to make the game (potentially) more fun/interesting/ and tilted toward offense. Part of me wouldn't care if that were the case. Most of me knows that they probably didn't do that.

One of the local meteorologists was speculating if the air humidity from the cornstalks caused the ball to travel a little further. There could be a number of factors..having an open outfield wall with no structure behind it may have had an impact. Lots of guessing, really, and with the tiniest of sample sizes, we'll probably never know.

One of the local meteorologists was speculating if the air humidity from the cornstalks caused the ball to travel a little further. There could be a number of factors..having an open outfield wall with no structure behind it may have had an impact. Lots of guessing, really, and with the tiniest of sample sizes, we'll probably never know.

Yeah, I'm 100% sure that there's nothing sketch going on, but it was interesting that they put a lot of stock in this game, and .... I mean... look at what happened. This is the type of game that you kinda hope makes casual fans or non-fans watch and go "wow that was fun/interesting/exciting!"

The most common complaint I think we all hear from non fans or casual fans is that baseball is boring, and last night was not boring.

I acknowledge this might be weird, but I didn't watch any of the game because Field of Dreams is my favorite movie and I assumed it would be way too cringy.

It was very, very hokey but sometimes hokey works. They did a great job and whoever thought it up should be commended. Nostalgia is everything right now and they pulled it off really well.